Women's health requires special attention. Running gynecological problems can hit the patient himself for any woman - by the ability to have children. That's why it's worth paying special attention to your health and not neglecting it. Any phenomenon not related to the norm should become a mandatory reason for visiting the doctor. It is not uncommon for women to have spotting after a hollow act, which are otherwise called postcoital bleeding. Bloody discharge after sex can have different causes. But, whatever the reason, you should definitely visit a gynecologist, who will accurately determine, as a result of which bleeding has occurred, will take all necessary measures to eliminate this problem.
Bleeding after sex: the reasons for their appearance
- One of the reasons for the appearance of bloody dischargefrom the vagina can be mechanical damage. During turbulent sex, a woman can get an injury to the mucous membrane of the vagina or cervix. There are also more serious injuries: trauma of the vault or walls of the vagina. If there is severe pain and heavy bleeding during or after sex, you should immediately seek help from a doctor. Severe bleeding can lead to very serious consequences.
- Another cause of pathological bloodfrom the vagina after intercourse can be inflammatory processes and diseases of the female genital organs. Among such diseases may be vaginitis (inflammation of the vagina) or cervicitis (inflammation of the cervix). If there are such diseases, spotting can be and is not connected with sexual intercourse, and there are unexpected, even when the woman is at rest. To cause inflammation can fungal or bacterial infections, as well as non-compliance with personal hygiene. Taking certain medications can also cause spotting from the vagina in women. Inflammatory process occurs against a background of a reduced immune system and is treated with antibiotics.
- Bloody discharge can be caused by diseases and sexually transmitted infections (STDs). Among other things, secretions can be accompanied by an unpleasant sensation of burning and itching.
- Some of the most common culpritsbloody discharge in women are polyps and erosion. If they are present after sexual intercourse, there may appear anointing discharge. Erosion and polyps need timely treatment. Most often, the polyps are removed, and erosion is cauterized by different methods.
- The discharge of blood from the vagina is sometimes the result of hyperplasia of the endometrium, including after sexual intercourse.
What else can cause vaginal discharge of blood?
- Bloody discharge after sexual intercourse cantestify about endometriosis. Abundant and smearing discharge of blood from the vagina is just a sign of this disease. In the middle of the menstrual cycle, severe bleeding can occur, closer to the monthly they are often characterized by smearing, they may appear after sex.
- Sometimes bleeding may be associated withprocess of ovulation. Sexual intercourse does not play any role here. Most likely, ovulatory bleeding that arose after sex is just a coincidence. The process of ovulation is natural and occurs, as a rule, in the middle of the menstrual cycle. He does not require treatment, since it is the norm of physiology. Sometimes, however, a doctor can prescribe herbal remedies for the treatment of such bleeding.
- The cause of spotting can be andoral contraceptives. As a result of their use, the uterine mucosa becomes thinner and can bleed during intercourse. To pseudo-menstrual bleeding can lead to late taking the pill or her pass. Blood smearing while taking oral contraceptives may be a side effect. It is always necessary to consult a doctor. After all, blood discharge during the reception of OK may indicate that the drug is not suitable for you and it must be replaced with another one.
- Less commonly, the causes of vaginal discharge can be tumors of the uterus and changes in cells in the cervix.
- Do not forget that your partner can because blood bleeding after sex. Blood in the sperm is a fairly rare phenomenon, but still taking place to be. It can cause, for example, diseases of the genitourinary system and urinary tract.
What should I do with bleeding?
It is necessary to understand that most of the bloodyexcretions and heavy bleeding are easily cured by a doctor. It is for this reason that one should not postpone an appeal to a doctor, which will help to identify the cause and eliminate it. In case the bleeding is accompanied by pain or too strong, the doctor should be contacted immediately. Rare, but still there are cases of internal bleeding. Not always internal bleeding may be accompanied by signs of external. The main symptom of internal bleeding is a sharp pain in the lower abdomen, having a cramping character. Such pain can be observed in the perineum, inguinal folds, lower back. Internal bleeding may indicate the presence of the following diseases:
- rupture of the ovarian cyst;
- ovarian rupture;
- ectopic pregnancy;
- started or threatened with miscarriage.
As a rule, internal bleeding is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- bloody discharge, accompanied by sharp pains;
- excessive sweating;
- pallor of the skin;
- dizziness and weakness;
- a sharp drop in blood pressure.
At occurrence of even some of listed signs it is recommended to cause as soon as possible an ambulance, after all it can testify about internal bleeding.
Other causes of bleeding after intercourse
- The norm is spotting afterfirst sexual intercourse. In most cases, the first sex breaks the hymen, which leads to vaginal bleeding. Very often, after the first sexual intercourse, there is no blood. This indicates that the hymen is very thin. But if it is thick enough and dense, then in this case bloody discharge can not be avoided. They can even be very abundant.
- One reason for the discharge of blood may bepregnancy. In the first trimester of pregnancy, a woman can observe weak, sometimes even mucus discharge of blood. Do not treat with indifference to this situation, because any pathological discharge during pregnancy can end sadly for a woman and a child.
- Bleeding during sex can cause andadenomyosis. Adenomyosis is a disorder of the functional activity of the mucous membrane of the uterine cavity, or endometrium. It is worth saying that the disease can be both congenital and acquired. The cause of adenomyosis can be both inflammatory diseases and surgical interventions.
- Sometimes a bloody discharge causes irritationwalls of the vagina. This can happen as a result of using tampons, frequent and fairly coarse masturbation. As a rule, excretions as a result of these causes cease in the near future and no treatment is required. It is recommended only to limit these moments.
- The cause of uterine bleeding after sexualThe act during pregnancy can be a low or even complete placenta previa: when it is located in the lower part of the uterus. With full placenta previa, the natural exit from the uterus completely overlaps.
- The appearance of blood may indicatepremature exfoliation of the placenta, which requires urgent medical attention. A pregnant woman is recommended after each sexual intercourse to lie down quietly for half an hour. This is necessary in order that the uterus finally calmed down.
So, as it became clear, the causes of blooddischarge after sexual intercourse can be very different. In no event should one turn a blind eye to this problem. You should understand that any pathological excretion can lead to unfortunate consequences. Timely contact with a doctor will help you determine the cause of the problem and solve it. Perhaps, it will take a rather long treatment. But what can be more important for a woman than a desire and an opportunity to have a child? Before planning the conception of a child, it is necessary to eliminate all existing problems. Very often gynecological problems are the cause of miscarriage and the inability to bear the child. Think about it and pay attention to your health. Strengthen immunity, lead a healthy lifestyle and try to avoid sexual intercourse with different sexual partners. This can cause many gynecological diseases.