Before the onset of menstruation and during itmany girls experience severe discomfort, which prevents a full active life, forcing to adjust the way of life. And if weakness, nausea, lethargy, unpleasant sensations in the chest can still be tolerated, then the pains in the lower abdomen and lower back are often so strong that it is not impossible to tolerate them, but it is impossible. Moreover, statistics show that every second woman experiences such painful sensations. In medicine, this pain symptom is called "dysmenorrhea". However, if you know how to reduce pain during menstruation, you can help yourself and live actively, enjoying life, instead of suffering from unpleasant symptoms. Fortunately, there are many effective ways to combat dysmenorrhea, and you can choose one that suits your preferences.
Causes of pain with menstruation
Before answering for yourself the question thatIf you are suffering from pain during menstruation, it is important to understand why these pains occur. Nature is laid down so that with monthly severe pain should not be, so this can often talk about some pathology. The most common causes of pain during critical days are:
- wrong development and the location of the genital organs - this reason is often found in young girls;
- polyps, uterine fibroids;
- spikes - not only in the genital area, but also as a result of cavitary operations;
- endometriosis is the most common cause of pain in women after 30 years;
- intrauterine contraception;
- the inability to tolerate pain - modern girls often can not tolerate the most insignificant pain, so in fact, the pain may not be as strong as it seems to the girl;
- psychological problem: if a girl denies monthly as a feature of her physiology, critical days can be very difficult for her.
As you can see, there are a lot of reasons, so it's betterof course, not to engage in self-treatment, but to consult a doctor and conduct a survey to eliminate the cause of these pains, because they can be really serious disease that requires treatment. Well, if the pain is completely unbearable, and there is no possibility to go to the doctor, you can try to help yourself.
How to reduce pain during menstruation: general tips
Every woman who suffers from dysmenorrhea,dreams only of one thing: to lie down in a warm bed and not move. But the realities of our lives are such that, instead, most women are forced to go to work and lead a fairly active lifestyle. Therefore, you literally have to escape not the best method - to drink painkillers. Of course, this is also an option, but not a panacea. And they should not be abused. Moreover, there are a lot of alternative options that will not only help relieve pain, but in general will be useful for the body. Here are some general guidelines for helping yourself and reducing pain.
- Eat well
If you like coffee, tea, chocolate, fatty andacute, then a few days before the start of menstruation refrain from such food. In addition, give up fried and heavy food, from dairy products. On the contrary, lean on vegetables, fruits, juices: food should be easily absorbed by the body. Excellent liver and buckwheat, as these products contain a lot of iron, which is lost during critical days with blood. Replenish its reserves in advance. An interesting fact: in the east it is believed that in the critical days of a better drink than pineapple juice, not found. Very effective remedies that reduce pain are herbal teas (for example, mint, chamomile) with honey.
- Be active
It is understandable why women these daystry to be passive, lie more or just be at rest. Even those who lead an active lifestyle and regularly engage in sports, during the months interrupt training. But statistics show that the athletes menstruation are much easier. So if you are involved in sports, do not stop training. Or at least make a gymnastics at home. If you do not go in for sports, you can stroll around the park. You can ride a bike or skate. Many people think that physical activity these days can provoke bleeding, but that's not quite true: you will not be doing many hours of marathons, right? A reasonable exercise will help you forget about spasms in the lower abdomen, which cause pain.
Special exercises for pain with menstruation
There are very good and simple exercises that help to significantly reduce pain during menstruation. you can perform them as many times as you like every day.
Folk remedies for pain during menstruation
There are many effective dysmenorrhea of folkmeans. These include a variety of hot decoctions and infusions, which should be drunk in small sips. Such decoctions are very easy to prepare at home, most of them have a pleasant taste and significantly alleviate the pain symptom. You can buy herbs for decoctions in any pharmacy. Here are some of the recipes:
- 1 tsp. oregano, pour 1 tbsp. boiling water, insist for 20 minutes, drain;
- 2 tsp. Leaf raspberry pour 1 tbsp. boiling water, insist for 15 minutes, drain. Drink the whole day;
- Mint leaves, chamomile and valerian root are mixed inproportions 2: 2: 1, to get 1 tbsp. l. mixture. Pour the collection of 1 tbsp. boiling water, insist for 30 minutes, drain. Take 3 times a day for 2 tablespoons. l .;
- chamomile and lemon balm in a 1:1, to get 1 tbsp. l., pour the collection of 1 tbsp. boiling water, insist for 30 minutes, drain. Drink a decoction before meals throughout the day. It perfectly helps to reduce back pain during critical days, you can start drinking a few days before the onset of menstruation;
- 4 tsp. bark of viburnum pour 1 tbsp. water, boil for 30 minutes, drain. Drink 3 times a day for 1 tbsp. l. before eating.
Dysmenorrhea: what else can be done to prevent pain?
There are several more techniques that can help insituations, when pains are painful during menstruation. Some of them are advised by gynecologists, some by representatives of alternative medicine. The advantage of them is that they are absolutely harmless and at the same time effective:
- to lead a healthy lifestyle: to give up alcohol and cigarettes, comply with the regime and get enough sleep;
- massage the painful abdomen: massage it with circular smooth movements;
- do not give in to stress; if this does not work out, you can drink a sedative (valerian or the like);
- drink at least 10 glasses of fluid a day - this, by the way, will perfectly help if you suffer from chest pains during and after menstruation;
- use gaskets, not tampons;
- not having sex; although some gynecologists recommend masturbation for the removal of spasms - for many it is a great way to relieve tension and pain;
- put down the stomach warm water bottle; if you "twist" your legs, you can put them on;
- acupressure: find the point between the inside of the knee and ankle and press it for 2 minutes. Begin with the left foot, then massage the right one;
- perform a massage of the lower back in circular motions, if the pain in the back is painful during critical days.
Medicamental treatment of pain with menstruation
In fact, tablets are an extreme measure,because there are many ways to help yourself without them. Therefore, try to still do without medication - our body is already exposed to various harmful factors: ecology, bad habits, stress, etc. Of course, there are situations when you do not have the opportunity to do exercises. Then the medication can be justified. But only in the event that you execute a number of rules.
- Do not take strong drugs,which are intended for other purposes, for example, ketans, which women often drink during dysmenorrhea. This is the drug that is prescribed to people after surgery. Think, for sure, your pain is much less than what people experience after surgery. Do not recommend taking aspirin. Usually, pain during menstruation is excellently removed by lighter drugs from the group of antispasmodics. An excellent tool is no-shpa, which removes even the strongest spasms (and you in fact remember that pain with a monthly give exactly cramps of the uterus), analgin, spazgan, etc.
- Do not drink more pills than you need. Start with one tablet. If after some time, relief does not come, drink one more. But remember: do not exceed the permissible daily dosage. For example, no-shpov can drink no more than 6 tablets a day.
- To take a pill with a sip of water is completely wrong! In order for the pill to act quickly, you need to wash it down with a glass of water: so it will dissolve faster and ease your suffering.