The recipe for pie with meat has a long history. Even in Roman times such pies were served on banquets sometimes with a live bird under the crust, which must have amazed unwary guests.
The history of the pie recipe with meat
In the XVI century, the English nobility restoredAn ancient pie recipe with meat. A fad soon swept the country, especially the Englishmen fell in love with a pie with deer meat. This delicacy is rare in any other country. Also during that time the British used a pie with meat of all kinds, including pork, lamb and game. During the reign of Elizabeth I, English cooks made a meat pie according to a special recipe, which included tiny chicken stuffed with gooseberry. Around the middle of the 16th century, one cookbook contained a recipe for a pie, in which five birds were filled into each other and wrapped in dough. This love for pies with meat soon spread to the New World. In the XIX century, the Americans came up with a recipe for a pie, which was prepared from birds robins. The settlers arriving in America took the pie recipe with them when they moved farther west. But in Russia, pie with meat could only afford very rich people. Since ancient times, the pie is considered a symbol of domesticity. In Russia, invented many kinds of pies: open, closed, half-open. Dough for them is also very diverse: yeast, puff, biscuit. No wonder there is a proverb: "The cottage is not red with corners, but is red with pies". So let's soon learn the recipes of the most delicious, ruddy, beloved pies!
Recipe for Russian meat pie
- 1 chopped onion;
- vegetable oil for frying;
- 200-300 g of mushrooms, coarsely chopped (optional);
- beef or ground beef - 500 g;
- 1 teaspoon of salt;
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper;
- 1/2 cup sour cream.
For the test:
- 2 s. of sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder for dough
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beat up
- vegetable oil
Recipe for a pie with potatoes and meat
The recipe for this fragrant homemade pie with beef and potatoes is ideal for a family meal. For filling:
- 500 g ground beef;
- 1 onion, diced;
- 1.5-2 kg of potatoes, cut into cubes;
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced;
- ¼ cup of flour;
- salt to taste;
- 1 teaspoon paprika;
- black pepper;
- 1.5 cups of beef broth.
For the test:
- 500 g of flour;
- 2 teaspoons of salt;
- 125 grams of margarine (cut into small cubes);
- 125 grams of fat (cut into small cubes);
- 125 ml of cold water;
- 1 egg.
Meat pie recipe with chicken
- 300 g of ground meat from chicken breast;
- medium sized bow;
- a little garlic / garlic powder;
- 2 medium carrots;
- 2 medium potatoes;
- a tablespoon of vegetable oil;
- spices (preferably broth cubes Maggi / Knorr), a teaspoon of thyme, a teaspoon of curry;
- 2 tablespoons of ordinary flour (to make a binder);
- cool water - 200 ml;
- salt - to taste.
For the test:
- Get a puff pastry in the store. It is perfect for a kurik.
Tips for baking an ideal pie
- What if the edges of the cake burned? Cover the edges with aluminum foil and return to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Is there too much leftover dough for the pie? Do not throw it away! Sprinkle the dough with cinnamon, sugar or your favorite grated cheese. Send it to the oven and bake until golden brown, usually about 10-15 minutes. Here's to you and another great recipe!
- To get a beautiful golden crust near the ready-made baked product, grease it before baking raw yolk or milk.
- If your family is not big, then it's better to make 2 small pies instead of one big. Take one to the freezer, and bake the second one.
- Do not use parchment paper when baking a meat pie, as it emits juice and paper swells, which will give a not very attractive appearance to the baking.
- For juiciness of a meat stuffing it is necessary to add to a beef onions or a little milk.
- If you are baking a meat pie for the first time, then make it closed. This will save juiciness.
- To cook a cake for a special occasion, decorate it. After all, an attractive appearance will double your appetite!
- Finished meat pie should be covered with a clean towel and leave to "rest" for about 30 minutes.
- And the most important: prepare pies with meat with love and joy, so that your baking turns out magnificent, tasty and soft!