Pies are baked practically in all countries of the world. One smell of a baking pie already creates a feeling of coziness in the house and is able to reconcile the quarreling household members. They are good as a separate dish, and as an additional. They are also festive, from a large number of ingredients, and everyday, which are often served instead of bread, from a simple dough. If you forgot to buy bread, and you do not know how to cook it and go out to the store, the pie will help you very much. Moreover, baking bread takes quite a long time, but to bake a pie quickly, and an ordinary soup with a pie instead of bread can turn into a festive dinner. After all, home-made pies are loved by both children and adults, but they are not baked every day. Pies are made with a variety of fillings, but there are few products from which you can make both sweet pie and salty. Cabbage is just such a product. It is known since prehistoric times, it grows everywhere. Because of its useful properties, which were seen in ancient times, cabbage was used both as a medicinal and as a cosmetic. Very salutary cabbage in lean years: it is unpretentious, and the autumn rains, which can ruin the harvest of other vegetables, will not cause any damage to it. Cabbage is low in calories, so pies with it are easy enough, but at the same time give a feeling of satiety. They are good both cold and hot. And for breakfast, and for dinner, and for dinner, a piece of pie with cabbage will perfectly suit almost any dish.
Filling of different kind and taste
Pies with cabbage have long been loved and popularpractically in all countries where cabbage grows, and never get bored, because the fillings can be cooked of a variety of kinds and tastes. For the preparation of the filling, it is better to choose winter varieties of cabbage, with white and juicy leaves, and not with fibrous and green leaves. You can add a bit of mushrooms to the stuffing from cabbage - cabbage and mushrooms are perfectly combined. To make a round pie the size of a frying pan, you will need about 1 kg of raw cabbage, and for a large pie you need 2 kg. With onions and carrots - suitable for any dough This is a traditional filling. For its preparation, in a small amount of vegetable oil, fry the chopped onion until it is transparent, add the carrots rubbed on a large grater and put out for 1-2 minutes. After that, add the chopped cabbage and cook until ready. The number of onions and carrots everyone can put to their liking - whoever they like. With green onions - for lovers of greenery On a small amount of vegetable or butter, you need to put out the chopped cabbage, salt it and add the finely chopped green onions. Such cabbage filling is good for both open and closed, and for crumbly, and for jellied, and for yeast pie. Those who like carrots can put cabbage in pre-fried 1-2 minutes of grated carrots. Such a filling will look very beautiful on the cut of the pie. With boiled eggs - traditional Combination of cabbage and boiled eggs is one of the traditional and has a wonderful taste. To this filling, you can add only a small bulb. In addition, the eggs will add the nutritional value to the cabbage filling. To make this filling, fry the shredded cabbage in a small amount of butter until soft, or first pour it with boiling water for 5 minutes, fold it in a colander, and then braise it with butter (those who love with onions can first fry it to transparency, and then add cabbage). Then add the finely chopped eggs in the cabbage and add salt to taste. How much to lay eggs, it's your taste. Cheese eggs - gentle and comfortable Slightly beaten eggs in cabbage filling are added for satiety, and for them to attach pieces of cabbage to each other and they do not fall out of the cake when nibbling. You can add them to any cabbage filling, except for the filling with boiled eggs - there they will be redundant. If you want to (or when the eggs are not enough), you can add a little milk to the eggs when whipping. For 1 kg of cabbage, 2-3 eggs must be added. From sauerkraut - both sweet and salted The filling from sauerkraut can be made both sweet, and salty. To do this, squeeze the sauerkraut, pour a little vegetable oil into the frying pan, fry the finely chopped onion until transparent, and then add the squeezed cabbage and stew it until soft. It is necessary to extinguish, not covering with a lid, in order to evaporate excess liquid. In the cabbage you can add sugar and black pepper - a combination of sweet, hot and sour tastes very juicy. To enhance piquancy, you can add a little white wine when extinguishing. From cauliflower - dietary To many people on a diet, the usual white cabbage is impossible. In order not to deny yourself the pleasure of eating a pie, it can be done with a color cake. Cabbage must be pre-boiled in salted water or fried in a frying pan or in a sauté pan with the addition of a small amount of water or milk. Then throw it back in a colander, in order that the glass is superfluous. When extinguishing salt can not be added - such a filling and without it has a rich taste. From raw cabbage - for crumbly pie Young cabbage should be finely chopped and seasoned to taste. If cabbage is not young, it should be salted, hand-wriggled and let stand to make it soft. You can add greens and seasonings to taste. This filling is very good for friable pies, in the test which contains oil. Loose pie stuffed with raw cabbage is less fat. From boiled cabbage - an old recipe This, perhaps, is one of the oldest recipes for making cabbage filling. In addition to cabbage and butter, which emphasizes its taste and gives it a creamy shade, nothing enters it. To make such a filling cabbage should be chopped, removing the thick edges of the leaves and boiling in portions in boiling water for 5-7 minutes, then laying out in a colander. When excess liquid drains, you need to squeeze cabbage, put it in a frying pan with melted butter, puff for 3-5 minutes and add salt to taste. The color of such a filling should remain white. For cooking 1 kg of cabbage you need to take 200 g of butter.
Dough on kefir - tender and tasty
On kefir you can prepare different types of dough: and yeastless, yeast, and thick, and liquid, and friable. Kefir adds to any test of tenderness and splendor. All these types of dough perfectly match cabbage fillings. And what combination of filling and dough to choose, depends only on your personal preferences and tastes of your relatives and guests. When preparing any test, it is important to remember that it can be made more or less convenient. It depends on the number of eggs, butter and sugar. If it turned out that you do not have the quantity of eggs and oil that is indicated in the recipe, then replace these ingredients with equal amounts of kefir. In addition, do not forget that flour is of different quality, so it often happens that it needs a little more or slightly less than indicated in the recipe. You need to focus on the consistency of the dough, and if it is too thin or sticky to your hands, you have to add flour. In any dough, you can add a tablespoon of vodka or cognac when preparing - then the finished pie will not only be airy, but will remain soft after cooling. Depending on your taste and the availability of food at hand, you can choose any dough for cooking:
- Liquid is good for a quick pouring cake. Of this test, often make pancakes. To make it, you need to take 1 egg, add a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp. spoon sugar, beat with a fork, add ½ cup kefir, stir, add a glass sifted through a sieve flour with a slide mixed with ½ tsp soda, mix thoroughly and add ½ cup kefir. Kefir is added in two steps to ensure that the dough is made without lumps. Ready dough should be in consistency, like thick sour cream.
- Yeast is good - it can be done with opaque,and without it. When preparing the dough with the spice, yeast is mixed with a small amount of water or milk, sugar and a small amount of flour to make a batter. The opara is allowed to come up, after which the rest of the ingredients and the remaining amount of flour are introduced. When the method is unpaired, the dough is kneaded immediately. When kneading a yeast dough, all foods should be slightly warm. Yeast (20 g fresh) must be dissolved in a small amount of warm water, add a glass of warm kefir, 1 egg, a pinch of salt, 1 tbsp. a spoonful of sugar, 0.5 kg of flour and knead the dough. Then mix 100 g of softened butter into the dough. The finished dough should not stick to the hands. After this, cover the dough with a clean towel and leave it for 40 minutes in a warm place to make it come up.
- Yeast simple - it can only be made fromkefir, flour, yeast and salt. It is necessary to dissolve the yeast in a glass of warm kefir, add salt, 2 cups of flour and knead the dough. It can be left, covered with a towel, so that it comes up, or you can form a pie from it right away.
- Bezdruzhevoy dough - in a hurry. The speed of cooking sometimes makes this dough irreplaceable. You need to beat 2 eggs, add 1 cup kefir, ½ tsp salt, 3 tbsp. spoon vegetable or melted butter, 2 cups flour, mixed with ½ tsp soda, and knead the dough.
- Friable - for a holiday cake. Looseness to this test gives butter. You need to beat 1 egg, add 1 tbsp. a spoonful of sugar, a pinch of salt, 150 g of butter or margarine, 1-2 cups of flour, ½ tsp of soda and knead the dough. With one glass of flour, you will get a dough for a jellied pie, and if you mix a dough with two glasses of flour, then you can make vertuits and kulebyaki from it.
- On mayonnaise - dough consists of eggs and vegetable oil. Therefore, you can make it on a mixture of mayonnaise and yogurt, without adding oil and eggs.
The shape of the cake and its decoration is a matter of taste and imagination
Pies cook a variety of forms and types: and open, and closed, and twisted (vertuty and kulebyaki), and flooded. All of them are tasty and beautiful, but it's more convenient to keep closed pies in your hands and take them with you on the road. Be sure to bake any cake for 15-20 minutes in a warm place before baking. Closed pies before baking should be smeared with beaten egg or egg yolk, in order to form a beautiful crust. Choosing the right dough and filling to taste, you can make a pie of any kind and shape:
- Open - it's done quickly and easily. In the form of pour the dough, put the filling, give a distance and bake. When the top of the pie is baked, it must be smeared with a beaten egg or egg yolk.
- Closed is a traditional kind of pie. Doing it is a little more complicated than open, but it's more convenient to hold such a pie in your hands. To make it, you need to put two-thirds of the dough, then the filling, roll out the remainder of the dough, close the filling, and attach the bottom of the dough to the top. Lubricate the cake with a beaten egg or egg yolk. If there are no eggs, then you can lubricate and strong sweet tea.
- Pouring - such a cake is made from a liquid dough very quickly. First, half the dough is poured into the mold, then spread the filling and pour the remaining dough.
- Twisted - vertuti and kulebyaki. They are usually made from yeast or friable dough. For cooking kulebyaki you need to roll out a 0.5 mm thick dough, put stuffing on it, curl it, put it on a baking tray, allow it to stand out and bake. To prepare the vertuta, the dough should be rolled a little thinner, and the finished roll filled with a filling spiral, giving the pie a round shape. A small twirl can be fried from two sides in a frying pan in a small amount of vegetable oil.
- In a frying pan - this is perhaps the fastestkefir pie. It is convenient to cook it for breakfast, especially if you have a small amount of stewed cabbage left in the evening - for one serving, and breakfast should be prepared for two or three. If cabbage with tomato or tomatoes, then the pie will be even more beautiful. The prepared filling should be put on a hot frying pan and pour with a batter that is slightly thicker than the pancakes, but slightly more liquid than the fritters, lightly stir and fry under the lid on low heat for 5-7 minutes. Then cut into 4 parts, each part turn over to the other side using two blades or spatula and spoon and fry another 5-7 minutes. In a cold form, such a cake becomes even more delicious.
- Pancake - a combination of slightly sweet cabbage anddelicate pancakes on kefir gives an excellent result. This dish is perfect for breakfast, dinner, and festive table - it is not only delicious, but also looks elegant, and on the cut and at all resembles a cake. First you need to bake pancakes. To do this, whip 5 eggs, add 0.5 liters of kefir, salt, soda, 3-4 tablespoons. spoon vegetable oil and knead the dough as a pancake, and then add another 0.5 liters of kefir, stir and bake pancakes in a hot frying pan. Finished pancakes to shift cabbage filling with whipped raw eggs and bake for 15-20 minutes. Pancakes can be baked in advance, and when the time comes for breakfast or dinner, quickly bake a cake. It will be more delicious in a warm form.
If you have already baked a cake, then it's worth spendingminute or two on his decoration. The decoration takes quite a bit of time, and pleasant emotions will cause a lot. If you make a filling with carrots, green onions, boiled eggs or mushrooms, leave a small handful of these products for decoration.