Soap making is not just another fada housewife who does not know what to do with herself. This is real creativity, the ability to express oneself and an excellent chance to please friends and relatives with an original and exclusive gift. Soap making can also become a good extra income if you approach the process with all seriousness and professionalism. When domestic soap making only began to develop in our country, it was problematic to acquire all the necessary ingredients. Today, nothing prevents you from doing creativity. You can buy everything without leaving home, ordering in an online store. So, let's look at the basics that will help you understand all the nuances of making home soap.
Prepare the right ingredients
Soap making requires careful preparation. Therefore, before proceeding to the process, you must prepare everything you need:
- The basis - in stores it is called - "soap". Fundamentals are of two types: transparent and white;
- Oil base - a specific tool that enhances the soothing effect. It is almond, olive, apricot.
- Essential oil. This component is added for a pleasant smell.
- Bright and saturated dyes. If desired, you can use natural dyes: cocoa, chocolate, fruit or vegetable juice.
- Useful additives. If you are going to do soap-scrub, then prepare oatmeal, large sea salt, ground coffee. You can add glycerin, dried flowers, honey, herbal infusions.
- Special dishes and alcohol (wipe the molds). Do not forget to take care of the molds themselves - they can be silicone for baking, and children's, and any ceramic.
Let's move on to the creative process
First, let's look at some tricks, without which you can not achieve the desired result:
- Choose dishes
Never use soap for meltingBasics metal ware - only ceramic! Otherwise, a stratification of soap may occur. Stir the mass must also be either ceramic or silicone spatula;
- Learning to mix
If you prefer to add water or herbaldecoction in the basis, then do it very carefully. Infuse liquid literally a drop. This is necessary in order to avoid delamination of the substrate. Having prepared everything you need, you can start creating. Remember, you need to clearly follow each step. Soap making is a pretty laborious job, which does not tolerate fuss and haste. So, let's get started ...
- First we work with a soap base: we cut it with brusochkami. If you use baby soap as a base, you can grate it on a large grater - it will melt faster;
- We prepare the water bath and melt the chopped base. Do not forget to stir it;
- While the melting process is underway, it is necessary to gradually pour in milk or water (as an option - herbal decoction). The result should be a creamy mass;
- Now add the base oil: at the rate of three teaspoons per 100 grams of base;
- We give the basis of "taste and smell": add to it a teaspoon of glycerin and five drops of essential oil;
- We mix everything thoroughly and if necessary add the necessary dyes and flavors;
- We pour soap into the mold and sprinkle with alcohol (use a spray) - this removes air bubbles from the surface of the base.
- In the molds, the soap remains until completely congealed,you can put it in a cool place or even in the refrigerator. The terms of full congealing fluctuate within 2-3 days. Yes - for a long time, but the result is worth it!
That's all - we get the soap from the mold and boldlyboast of the result! Believe me, such manual work is very expensive. And not because it requires some financial costs, time allocation and efforts. Just things made with the soul, are able to bring people only benefit, regardless of the additives used.
Doing soap for a specific recipe
There are also certain recipes for home soap. Clear instructions will help you learn the process faster.
- Soap for face
You'll need: 100 grams of soap base white, lanolin - 2 tablespoons, a teaspoon of essential oil (any, but ideally apricot), oat flakes - a tablespoon. Such handmade soap will not only have a moisturizing and cleansing effect, but will restore the elasticity and silky skin;
- Soap Scrub
Necessary: baby soap as a base - 100 grams, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of glycerin, 1 tablespoon of green tea broth, 1 teaspoon of white clay, 1 tablespoon of chopped oatmeal. This product is used during water procedures. Soap-scrub cleanses the skin of blackheads, provides increased blood circulation, which will promote the acceleration of metabolism. As a result - a smooth, clean, velvety skin;
- Chocolate soap
Ingredients: 100 grams of transparent base, 5 drops of ylang-ylang, 1 tablespoon of milk, 1 tablespoon of glycerin, 1 tablespoon of ground coffee, 1 teaspoon of honey. This soap will not only be beautiful in appearance, but also very useful for the facial skin. Soap with coffee will be an ideal gift for a friend, mother, neighbor or colleague. They will definitely like it!
- Helpful advice
Coffee, oat flakes and sea salt must first be ground in a blender or coffee grinder. And by adding these components, do not forget to carefully interfere with the foundation. Everything should melt evenly.
We study all the tricks of soap making
Of course, time will pass, you will gain experience and be able to "by sight" add all the ingredients. But with some controversial points it is better to get acquainted at once:
- The less water you add, the faster the setting will be;
- Ideal for diluting the soap base are cream or milk;
- For a better melting of the base, one piece of refined sugar can be added;
- You can use the microwave instead of a water bath, just make sure that the mixture does not boil;
- Quite interesting and original is the soap, for which children's "sandboxes" were used as forms;
- To make the soap easier to get from the mold, place it in the freezer for 10 minutes. Alternatively, on the contrary, heat by holding the steam for 30-40 seconds;
- Dry the soap by wrapping it in a food film - so you will avoid the appearance of cracks on the surface;
- If you decide to make a multi-layer (striped) soap, then pour it into the mold gradually. And only after the first layer of the base has solidified;
- If the soap does not freeze, then most likely, too much base oil is added. There is a way out: melt it again and warm it up thoroughly for about 10 minutes;
- Soap falls apart? Hence - forgot to add oil. The output is the same: melt in a water bath and add the missing component;
- When cutting soaps, they found huge holes inside, like in cheese? Hence, the soap did not pass the stage of gelization, that is, when the base melts, the mass is badly interfered with.
If you want to prepare a really useful and therapeutic soap, you should pay attention to the properties that these or other essential oils have:
- Antiseptics: bergamot, lemon, eucalyptus, juniper and rosemary;
- Anti-inflammatory drugs: mint, rose, cayaput, chamomile;
- Spasmolytic agents: musk nuts, peppers, rosemary, orange, fennel, marjoram.
- Plants that lower the pressure: ylang-ylang, lemon balm and lavender;
- Increases the pressure of rosemary;
- Against depression: jasmine, bergamot, lavender and chamomile;
- With a cold (for example, coughing): cedar, sandalwood, eucalyptus.
Based on the curative qualities of the aboveplants, you can create not just soap, but a kind of medicine that will help in the prevention of many diseases. So it turns out that soap making brings not only pleasure, but also tangible benefits to health.
Holiday Soap Packing
Have decided to beautifully pack a piece of soap and present it to friends? Learn some tips on design:
- Ready-made soap can be put in a small box, having previously placed there a piece of satin and having enclosed a business card with wishes;
- If you want to make a really stylish gift, do not wait until the soap is completely frozen, put a golden or silver ribbon into it, tie it with a bow;
- Liquid soap can be poured into a colorfully decorated small bottle of shampoo. However, to get it, you have to cut the bottle with a blade or a clerical knife;
- A piece of soap can be wrapped in bright wrapping paper, putting a leaf with the description of the ingredients there, and bandaging with a ribbon.
How to turn a hobby into an extra income?
In the preparation of soap with their own hands,do step-by-step photos and you will be able to sell your master class to interested people. What is not an income option from your favorite hobby ?! Only here there are some nuances:
- All photos should be clear, without divorce and stains;
- Be sure to consider lighting;
- Do not allow foreign objects to enter the frame;
- Final photos are better done from several angles, while trying to beautifully decorate the surrounding environment.
Soap-brewing, like any creative process,brings calm, gives a good mood and fills with energy. It's nice to create something special with your own hands. If you have a desire to try yourself in soap making, do not hesitate - start the process! Moreover, such hobby does not require huge financial investments. A flight of fantasy, desire and a little patience - all this will help you in creating small masterpieces. Who knows, perhaps this innocent passion will eventually grow into the work of your entire life ... We advise you to read: