How to breastfeed babyPhoto: Getty The sooner you put your baby to your chest, the better. This will ensure the formation of a normal lactation process. In the first days after childbirth, not milk but colostrum is excreted from the breast. It has a special composition: a minimum of carbohydrates, a large amount of easily digestible protein and trace elements. This allows you to create immunity and microflora in the digestive tract of the baby. To further develop breast milk in the right quantity, you need to follow some rules from the first days of feeding.
Basic rules for breastfeeding
In the first days of the child should be applied to the chestas often as possible. The fact is that colostrum is produced continuously, but in small quantities. Frequent feeding will help not only to satisfy the hunger of the baby, but also to establish a normal lactation. Irritation of the nipple in the process of feeding will lead to the production of mature milk in the right quantity. It is important to properly attach the baby to the chest. If the nipple is in the wrong position and the baby is caught, it may become swallowed, and this can lead to abundant regurgitation or colic. How to breastfeed?
- Take a comfortable position. Baby turn the whole body itself, make sure that the head was not thrown back: it should be in line with the body. It is not necessary to fix the head, the child should be able to comfortably grab the nipple and release it at the end of feeding.
- The chest should not cover the nose of the child and prevent him from breathing.
- Do not put the nipple in the mouth forcibly, in this position, he will not take it correctly.
- Make sure that the child takes the nipple with a halo: from the bottom it should not be seen at all, from above - only the edge. It is this grip that will allow you to get full without injuring the nipple.
- If the baby sucks too actively, choking, you should stop feeding. Carefully open your jaws with your finger, remove the nipple and hold the baby upright until the burp appears.
- When feeding, there should be no pain. If you feel pain in the nipple area - most likely, the child has incorrectly captured it. In this case, you need to adjust the position of the breast.
- At each feeding, it is recommended to apply the child to only one breast, alternating between them. An exception should be made only if there is little milk and it does not eat enough.
- Breastfeeding is recommended for 20-30 minutesbut you need to focus on his behavior. If he continues to actively suck - do not interrupt feeding. But if the baby falls asleep ahead of time and does not respond to the nipple - the meal should be stopped.
- Can I breastfeed at a temperature? If you do not take potent drugs - you can. If you have a cold, you should wear a gauze bandage before feeding.
If milk is produced a lot, shoulddecant the remains to avoid stagnation and inflammation of the ducts. If milk is not enough, do not rush to switch to artificial mixtures. Continue to regularly apply the baby to the chest, nipple stimulation promotes milk production. If milk does not appear in the right amount after 2 days, and you see that the baby is hungry and is restless, you should adjust artificial feeding. The pediatrician will help to pick up mix.How many months to breastfeed? Photo: Getty
How many months to breastfeed?
The first six months of life breast milk gives the babyall the necessary nutrients. During this period, neither fodder nor the introduction of tea, water and other beverages into the diet is recommended. After 6 months, the menu expands, cereals, vegetables, juices, etc. are gradually introduced, but you should not refuse breastfeeding. Pomera increase the proportion of complementary foods is to reduce the amount of mother's milk, novrachi recommend feeding breastfeeding After 1 year, the need for breast milk is no longer there, but there are no good reasons to refuse it. If there is still enough milk, and feeding is a pleasure for both mother and baby - you can continue it until 2 years old. Read further: