If we talk about medicine, then depression isA serious mental illness that affects about 20% of the population in developed countries. As the main symptoms, we can note a reduced mood, inability to rejoice, pessimism, mental and motor inhibition, apathy, lack of interest and vitality, and a decrease in self-esteem. Many people ask themselves: how to get out of depression on their own? In those cases when it comes to real clinical depression, this is impossible. Depression as a disease is caused either by an imbalance of chemicals in the brain, or by a serious psychological trauma. In such situations, the only way out is to turn to a therapist. However, there are few such serious cases. Most often because of his depression, a person experiences some depression and sees the world in dark tones. Unpleasant and sad thoughts come into my head, and sometimes it seems to be filled with a heavy fog. The person feels tired, various bodily diseases are manifested, any other desires disappear, except for the desire to sleep and eat, apathy begins. At the same time, he can work and take care of his family - all this is given him quite hard. He understands that he is depressed, and thinks: "Can I overcome this? And if so, how do you get out of the depression yourself? ". The answers to this and other questions can be found in this article.
The causes of depression
In a mentally healthy person depressivethe condition can arise in those situations when in his life there are serious problems. Often they are not even aware, but a person is deeply concerned about them. For example, a woman is filled with dissatisfaction with family relationships. But subconsciously she does not allow herself to think about it and does not realize when and why she had sad thoughts, depression and depression. Therefore, one of the first steps to getting out of the depression will be asking yourself the question: "Right here and now something upsets me? I'm worried about something? ". You can record all the disturbing moments on a piece of paper. Then look at each and listen to yourself - which one causes the greatest sadness and depression? Most likely, this problem will be the cause of the depression that has overtaken you. But not all problems can cause a state of depression. We do not fall into depression and depression because we were rude bus driver or a broken nail. All these events can be the reason for the onset of depression, but not its source. The most common causes of depression are:
- Losing a loved one It can be a divorce fromhusband, the death of a friend or any other situation in which a person close to you and important to you leaves your life. First you experience shock and denial, then despair and sorrow. To cope with them and go further, you need to accept the loss and find her place in your life. Below are the psychological techniques that help to do this.
- Stress caused by the desire to succeed in allspheres of life You turn as a squirrel in a wheel and try to do everything: to make a brilliant career, to bring up children, to spend time with your husband, friends and parents. But you are not superwoman, so you get apathy, fatigue, a sense of lack of energy, longing. Because of this, you still have the least time, which only aggravates the situation and increases stress.
- Self-exertion and self-inflated demands Theserequirements may come from you, but more often they come from someone else. As a result, you begin to consider yourself worthless and worthless. These thoughts get into your head and are firmly fixed there. How to get out of depression? Evict these thoughts.
- His loneliness can be described as a separatecause, as many people who are depressed, complain of loneliness. It can be real - for example, when a person really does not communicate because of his personal characteristics, and subjective - when a person even feels lonely when communicating with someone.
- Problems in Significant Spheres of Lifeconflicts, job loss, financial problems, serious illnesses, a difficult climate in the family - all these completely different situations have one thing in common - they seem hopeless. A person who has encountered such a problem has a single desire to "fold his paws and die." But you can do it differently - start looking for a way out of the situation.
- Constant struggle with oneself Sometimes at manthere are strange, and sometimes a little crazy, desires. Sometimes we want to be bad, evil, stupid and useless. But if you constantly forbid yourself to do it all and keep yourself in the gloves of the mittens - the tone goes out of the body, and he ceases to want anything, which leads to depression.
All these and many other problems and situations cancause depression, a sense of despair and a reluctance to do something that is collectively called a depressive state. You can not let him go and see that it goes by itself. If you really do not like your moods and attitude to life, then you can try to change them.
What to do?
How to get out of a serious depression yourself? The first step has been described above - be aware of the cause of your condition. After this, depending on the cause and your condition, you can choose one or several of the following recommendations from the following psychological techniques and techniques to combat depression:
- Work with loss
First you need to realize the reality of the loss. This is facilitated by long conversations about a man who is no longer with you, and about what you lost with him. After that you will need to adapt to his absence in your life, fill in those gaps that were formed with his departure (communication, support, money, etc ...). It will be useful to write a letter to him, where you can say what you did not have, and say goodbye to him.
- Work with emotional trauma
It happens that depression occurs as a result oflong deterrence and the accumulation of negative feelings. In this case, the "Circle" exercise will be useful. You will need to find a place for yourself (create a circle), in which the strongest emotions can be expressed. In this case, leaving the circle, you leave them there.
- Work to relieve stress
Quickly remove the stress can be a mass of ways: sports, relaxation, communication with friends, hobbies and much more. However, if you are constantly experiencing great stress, then you need to rethink your life and prioritize. Look at what is going on in your life most of all, and whether this sphere of activity really matters to you in reality. Get rid of what you do not need, or at least try to spend on it as little as possible.
- Work with self-flagellation
Two techniques can be effective: techniquere-attribution and protocol of negative thoughts. They can be used in case you blame yourself and only yourself in all troubles: ineptitude, lack of diligence and other minuses. The technique of re-attribution consists in an objective analysis of all aspects of an unpleasant situation, during which you become aware of those things that could affect the outcome of events. This will allow you to clarify your mistakes, work out ways to correct them and prevent them in the future, and remove your guilt for what you basically can not be responsible for (for example, as a bank employee, you issued a loan to an insolvent client for a fake reference , about which they found out only a month after the incident - in this situation you all did according to the rules and could not foresee the falsity of the certificate.The best thing you can do now is to inform the authorities about it). The protocol of negative thoughts is a piece of paper with the following columns: "date", "event", "emotions", "automatic thoughts", "rational answer", "result." You record the date, the essence of the event, the emotions and the automatic thoughts that it caused, as well as all rational answers and all other possible explanations for the unpleasant event. For example, a nurse yelled at you in your therapist's office. Automatic thought: "she does not love me." Rational answer: "this woman is always out of sorts," "she has a lot of work," etc. ... You need to write down even alien to you and momentary thoughts. Gradually you will see how your negative attitudes affect your life, and also learn more truthful evaluation of events.
- Working with loneliness
In case of real loneliness, think about whatYour personality traits and actions most upset others around what they would like to get in communication with you, and try to implement similar or some other behaviors. The case of subjective loneliness is somewhat more complicated, because in this case you communicate, but do not get true satisfaction from communication. Listen to yourself at a time when you are with someone nearby, but at the same time are alone - what's going on with you? Perhaps you are bored, because when communicating you are shy and do not say anything? Or vice versa - you talk too much, and your partners are almost not there? Think about what you would like, and try to bring it into communication with the people around you - and maybe the loneliness will go away by itself.
- Working with "hopeless" situations
The technique is called "searching for alternatives." Think about the situation that causes you the greatest difficulties. After that, try to come up with as many ways to solve these problems as possible. These methods should not apply to you and to your situation, they can be any. Having made the list, check these options with a glance and think about what you have in order to realize at least some of them. Thus, having determined the essence of your problems, you can quickly and completely spontaneously come to the solution of situations that seemed unsolvable. For example, a woman thrown by her husband, it seems that she will not survive without him. This "will not survive" for it is reduced to the problems of finance, loneliness and the upbringing of children. She solves the problem of finance by recalling her diploma of higher education and finding a job as an assistant manager. Her mood improves, she has more strength for communication and education of children. Thus, the totality of the statement "I can not survive without it" is coming to naught.
- Work with self-control
Any person is not ideal, including you. Allow yourself to be different - and good, and evil, and strong, and weak. Sometimes satisfy your "bad" desires, for example, eat a cake at twelve o'clock in the morning. Do not make it your way of life - just be flexible. Depression is a very difficult and unpleasant condition. Independently to get out of this hole can be difficult, but possible. In any case, without your desire life will not change. And what does it mean independently? After all, there are almost always friends and relatives who will help and support at the right time. Depression is a very difficult and unpleasant condition. Independently to get out of this hole can be difficult, but possible. In any case, without your desire life will not change. And what does it mean independently? After all, there are almost always friends and relatives who will help and support at the right time. We advise you to read: