Your baby's first walks
Pregnancy is the happiest period in lifefuture mother. However, the feeling of happiness necessarily involves a feeling of anxiety. All nine months of a woman worried about thoughts about a successful outcome of pregnancy, the health of the baby, fear of childbirth. And now, finally, there is a real miracle - the birth of a little man. It would seem that all the worries are behind, and my mother's happiness is very close, it is only to reach out and you can stroke a small cheek, feel the warm breath of the native crumbs. However, with the birth of the baby new anxieties and problems are born. One of the most frequently asked questions is when to start walking with a newborn. The first walk with the newborn is always an exciting event. Parents are filled with pride, joy and a whole bunch of emotions. Including a light concern: how to put a newborn baby crumbs on the street, as well as how much time to walk with a newborn baby? And although parents "with experience" such fears seem ridiculous, these unrest are quite understandable. After all, young parents are just learning with their new role of mom and dad and for them are still new and unexplored. It is very difficult to give unambiguous recommendations about when to start walking with a newborn, ideally suited to all children without exception, because all babies are completely different. In order for the first walk of a newborn to bring a benefit to the baby, and mom and dad have real pleasure, several factors, such as the time of the year and the baby's well-being, as well as the weather conditions, should be taken into account. Below are some useful tips that young mom can understand when walking with a newborn and how long a walk should last.
Walking in the summer
The first summer walk of a newborn babyhas its own distinctive features. There is an erroneous opinion about when you can start walking with a newborn baby: very many parents believe that in the summer you can start walking immediately after discharge from the hospital without limiting your stay on the street in time. However, in summer, especially during the day, there is a risk of developing a thermal shock in the baby, resulting from overheating. This is because the children of the first three months have an absolutely immature thermoregulation system. Of course, do not give up walking at all. But be sure to pay attention to how to walk with the newborn in the summer.
- If your child was born healthy and you do notreceived from the doctor - pediatrician other indications about when you can start walking with a newborn, start walking no earlier than 7 - 10 days of the baby's life. Also pay attention to the weather: it depends on it when you are better off walking. If in the daytime the temperature of the air on the street exceeds 25 degrees, pay close attention to the child's clothing. Clothing should be made from natural cotton fabrics to absorb sweat and not irritate the delicate skin of the baby. Do not forget about the mattress in the wheelchair. If it is made of synthetic fabrics, the back of the crumb will also be permanently wet. It is also necessary to have enough diapers with you.
- In the same case, if the air temperatureexceeds 30 degrees, transfer the time of walks to the morning and evening hours, when the summer heat is not so strong. How much to walk with the newborn in the summer, it is necessary to determine how the child feels. If a toddler is not naughty for a walk, sweats and shows no signs of anxiety, a walk can last up to two hours. Going on long walks with a newborn, do not forget to bring a bottle of drinking water, if your baby is on artificial feeding.
- In addition, the answer to the question of how much you canwalking with the child, depends on the schedule of feeding. It is not recommended to take a ready mix with you, because in hot weather it quickly turns sour. In the event that you need to go somewhere with a baby, it is better to pour the dry mixture into a bottle, but do not fill it with water, and take a thermos with the water necessary for feeding the temperature. If you are a nursing mother, take care of the clothes that are comfortable for feeding.
In the spring - autumn time walks withNewborns have their own specifics and require parents to be more careful. The first walks with the newborn in the autumn or in the spring can be started on the fifth - sixth day after discharge from the hospital, provided the baby feels well.
- It is necessary to pay special attention to howto put the newborn on the street. As the experience of "experienced" moms shows, for a newborn baby, the most comfortable clothes are demi-season coveralls made of modern materials that remarkably retain heat, while at the same time they allow the skin to breathe. Under overalls it is necessary to put on clothes from natural materials. In the off-season, the weather is very variable: a cold wind with deceptive heat can cause disease, so walks in the autumn should only be in good weather.
- Also you should not walk, if it's raining. Some parents hope for a raincoat worn on a stroller. However, inside the stroller a greenhouse effect is created and, as a consequence, the microclimate is very unfavorable for the child. Try putting your hand inside the stroller with a raincoat on it, and you will feel all the "delights" on yourself. The raincoat can only serve to protect you from the rain, which caught you on a walk by surprise.
- How long does it take to walk with a newborn?determine the mother, based on the behavior of the child. If the baby is not worried, not frozen, the very first time you walk with a newborn baby should last about 20 minutes. Each next day you can add to the time of the walk for 10 minutes, bringing the duration of the walk in the autumn to one and a half hours.
Walking in winter
Most of all, there are questions and debates abouttom, whether it is necessary to walk with the newborn in the winter. The answer to this question is unequivocal: it is necessary. For the full development of the child, he regularly needs fresh air, regardless of the season. Walking in the winter with your baby, if you follow simple rules, will only benefit the baby's health.
- The most important thing, what you should pay attention to,it, certainly, how correctly to dress and how much time to walk with a crumb. As winter clothes it is necessary to choose a winter overalls - transformer. In addition, that it perfectly preserves heat and excludes the possibility of exposing the back of the baby, it can easily be transformed into a child's envelope, which allows you to quickly change the baby without even waking him up.
- The question of when it is better to start walking with the baby, it is better to decide with the doctor. As a rule, if the child is healthy, you can start walking with the child in the winter as soon as the crumb turns 14 days old.
- The way to walk with the baby, firstthe turn depends on the air temperature. If the street is not more than 5 degrees below zero, the first walk can last about 15 minutes, increasing every day by 10 minutes, but not more than an hour. If the air temperature is not below 15 degrees below zero, it is worth starting with a ten-minute walk, but not more than half an hour. In the same case, if the temperature is below -15, it is worthwhile to wait a bit with walks to warming up. It is enough to ventilate the room where the baby is.
If your crumb is sick
All of the above tips are only applicable tohealthy babies. In the same case, if your baby was born prematurely, or with the presence of any disease, the questions about when to start walking and how much you can walk with the child, it is necessary to decide only in conjunction with a pediatrician. Most often walks are allowed right after the premature baby gets the necessary weight, or, in case of illness, when the child's well-being improves. Choose a stroller. On the comfort of walking it is necessary to take care beforehand, during the purchase of the dowry. It is necessary to approach the choice of the stroller very responsibly, because the child in the stroller should be as comfortable and cozy as possible. When choosing a wheelchair, pay attention to its bottom. It should be fairly smooth, in addition, be sure to purchase a special mattress. It is not necessary to purchase a baby carriage for a newborn baby even if it was born in the summer. Despite the fact that the backrest of such a stroller can be reclined, it is not intended for newborns. The next thing you pay attention to is the wheel. They should be large enough and equipped with shock absorbers, thanks to which the stroller will have a smooth running. In addition, take into account the dimensions of the stroller, so as not to encounter a situation when the stroller can not fit in the elevator. You should not save on buying a stroller, because she will be your faithful companion during walks for at least two years. We wish you the most pleasant walks and only good weather! We advise you to read: