Beautiful eye makeup is one of the main secretsfemale attractiveness. A few shadows, lashes extending the mascara - and now your look becomes more expressive. But if you want not only to refresh your appearance, but also to emphasize the beauty of your eyes, then you can not do without piping. And the best assistant in this difficult matter is a pencil for the eyes. With it, the eyeliner will look not just beautiful, but also very natural.
The history of cosmetic eyeliner
Despite the fact that bringing a woman's eyesbegan from time immemorial, the cosmetic pencil for these purposes appeared relatively recently. The usual pencil, which we used to draw on paper, was invented by the French scientist Nicolas Conte at the end of the eighteenth century. And only in the past, the twentieth century, the pencil was used for cosmetic purposes. In the beginning, a special pencil was developed - a dermatograph. It was used by physicians to apply contours to the human skin before carrying out operations. Due to the fact that the pattern was to be retained on the skin for a long time, the requirements for the chemical composition of the pencil rod were very high. A little later, some clever women began using dermatografs for eye contouring - they were more like the recognized cinemas of that time. The high demand for dermatografs for the purpose of using them for non-medical purposes did not go unnoticed, and one enterprising company for the production of stationery produces the first series of cosmetic pencils. The padding became more and more in fashion, the cosmetic eyeliner became one of the main attributes of beauty in make-up. At the beginning, this "luxury" was available only to professional make-up artists and stylists who make up the stars of the film industry. But over time, the cosmetic pencil went out into the masses, going on sale in almost every store that sells cosmetics. The composition of eyeliner pencils is constantly being improved. The rod of such pencils is, as a rule, a combination of various oils and waxes of vegetable and mineral origin. For example, oils can be palm or coconut, and waxes are obtained from special substances of palm leaves. The higher the quality of the wax, the more vivid and saturated the result is in the piping. Recently, wax in pencil pencils is combined with silicone - this provides the cosmetic product with a uniform texture and a slight glide over the skin. In addition, modern cosmetic pencils contain a lot of useful additives - such as vitamins, aloe extract and essential oils. This helps the skin of the eyelids to remain not only beautiful, but also enriched with valuable substances. The last generation of eyeliner pencils have the effect of protecting against harmful solar radiation, because the skin of the eyelids is the most vulnerable when exposed to long periods of sunlight.
Advantages of a pencil in front of a liquid line
Many girls who stare at the flashyphotos of supermodels and movie stars in various magazines, are convinced that nothing is better than liquid eyeliner for eye beauty. However, this is not so. With skillful handling, the eyeliner creates real miracles with the usual pencil for eyes! It only seems at first that it is easy to put a contour of the eye with a pencil. In fact, a competent eye make-up using a pencil is a real art. To begin with, the line drawn in pencil looks very natural and natural. Such make-up can be afforded both for daytime and for evening make-up. Brilliant same hands, made with liquid liner, are unlikely to be appropriate in a strict office or at a business meeting during the working day. So if you want to follow the dress code, but look refined and feminine, the eyeliner is your choice. The same applies to female students attending lectures, and housewives sending their children to school classes: a bright line of liquid eyeliner in the morning looks not entirely appropriate. It's not a secret that many of us have eyes that are not of perfect shape - they are naturally small by nature, and some are convex or close-set. With the help of a pencil, you can not only correct the shape of the eyes, but also paint the desired length, creating the necessary proportions. In this liquid podvodka seriously inferior to the pencil, because it just emphasizes the line of eyes in the form in which it exists by nature. If you belong to those girls who are able to put their eyes on the eye for hours, achieving the highest visual effect, then in your case, a pencil for podvodki - it's just a godsend. Imagine for a moment that you have a little trembling hand and on the perfectly imposed shadows gets an unpleasant "blot". If liquid liner was used, it would be difficult to fix anything, because its paint is so easily smeared on the surface of the century. Most likely, you will have to remove all the makeup from the eye to start over. But if you brought your eye with a pencil, then you can save the situation quite realistically: you can rub an uneven line with a cotton swab, or simply shade it with a brush. In both cases, your eye makeup will not suffer. Of course, we do not at all urge you to abandon liquid podvodki, it perfectly highlights the eyes in evening and holiday makeup. But in order to learn how to use it, it takes a certain amount of time, but every girl who is familiar with the basic rules of eye make-up can gently poke her eyes with a pencil.
How to choose the right eye pencil
Modern cosmetic industry producespencils for eyeliner of all colors and shades (this, by the way, is another advantage of a pencil in front of a liquid liner). But if you are a beginner, making only the first steps in the art of eye makeup, then it is better to choose neutral colors - black, gray or brown. These colors will look quite appropriate in almost any color range of the rest of the makeup. As soon as you type your hand, you can diversify the choice of colors for pencils and bring a certain brightness and unusualness to your makeup. In order to make it easier for you to choose the color of the eyeliner, we present to your attention a brief overview of the main color gamut of the products:
- Black pencil. This color is ideal for correcting the shape of the eyes, while it perfectly matches almost any make-up and color of clothes.
- The brown pencil performs almost the same functions as the black pencil. The only difference is that the eyeliner looks more natural and delicate.
- White, beige and pink pencils are designed to visually enlarge the shape of the eyes. In addition, the piping of this color scheme is perfect for owners of brown eyes.
- The blue pencil is ideal for girls with brown and blue eyes.
- A green pencil is good for owners of gray andgreen eyes. There is one little trick: if you put a green line on top of a black eyelid, then the eyeliner will get more saturated, and make-up - luminous and bright.
- Blue, light green and turquoise pencils look great on faces with a golden or bronze tan.
- Gold and bronze shade of a pencil will suit blue-eyed and green-eyed beauties.
In addition, there is another small rule: if you have small eyes and you want to increase them with eyeliner, then choose light shades of pencils. So you visually expand the shape of your eyes and gain a more expressive look. For happy owners of big eyes, there are no restrictions, except for the combination with the color range of the rest of the makeup. What else do you need to know when choosing a pencil for eyeliner? The fact that they are of different hardness. The softer the pencil, the thicker the line you will get. If the pencil is too hard, then you can injure the delicate skin of the eyelids, although with the skillful handling of a solid stem the line turns out to be more delicate and accurate. The best option for beginners is a well sharpened soft pencil. With it, you get not only a clear, thin eyeliner, but, if necessary, grow a line to get a more natural result. Still there are pencils with sparkles - they need to be used with extreme caution. In inaccurate or inept treatment, sequins can get on the mucous membrane of the eye and cause serious irritation. In addition, some girls may experience allergic reactions to the chemical composition of the pencil itself. When buying carefully study the composition of the rod, because if your skin does not tolerate the effects of various oils and wax, of which the pencil is made, your eyes may turn red and your eyelids swell. The same goes for the expiration date: any cosmetic product has a certain period when it is safe for the skin condition, and the pencil is not an exception.
How to draw your eyes with a pencil
So, as we said, with a soft pencilit is much easier to take the first steps in mastering eye makeup. First, rub your pencil in your hands and make it warmer, which means it's more "compliant". In order for the hand not to flinch, it needs support. Lean your elbow on a hard surface and hold the pencil to the eye. Keep a line along the upper eyelashes, the length and width of the contour you can choose yourself. If you have small eyes, then you need to draw strictly over the line of the eyelashes, and not under them, otherwise the eyes will become even smaller. For holders of large, "open" eyes, any eyeliner, both external and internal, can be used, but it is not worthwhile to abuse the contour drawing under the lashes: with frequent use of a pencil on the inner side of the eyelid, there is a risk of getting irritation of the mucosa, conjunctivitis or barley. After selecting the shape and length of the line, start drawing from the corner of the eye to the center. If you want to outline the entire upper line of the eyelashes, then you need to do this in two steps: from the inner corner to the middle, and from the outer corner to the same middle, connecting both lines into one. If you are worried that the line will turn out to be uneven, then put a few dots in the right places before you start drawing with a pencil. This will help you to create exactly the line that you are planning, without jumps and distortions. Once you are trained enough, you can do without these points. If you still accidentally deal a few extra strokes, spoiling an even line, then this can easily be corrected with a cotton swab soaked in plain water. If you used a waterproof eyeliner, moisten the wand in a cosmetic make-up remover. And now we present to your attention some tips on the shape of the line of the upper contour of the eyelids:
- If you can not boast of big eyes,then do not start the eyeliner from the inner corner of the eye, limit the line from the outer corner to the center line of the eyelashes. And even more so refrain from the bottom line, otherwise your eyes will become visually very small. If you still need the bottom line to complete the image, then make it with a pencil for a couple of tones lighter than the top line. Try to make the arrow in the form of a "comma" - this will help to "open" your eye.
- If you have round eyes, then the line at the outerthe angle of the eye should be slightly raised towards the temples - this will correct the shape of the eyes and give your look more expressiveness. Arrows should extend beyond the eye contour no more than five millimeters, otherwise the make-up will turn out to be too theatrical. Another option for round eyes is thicker lines at the outer and inner corners and a thin line in the center of the eye. So you will give such a "almond" to your eyes.
- For closely-planted eyes, too, there is an optionlinings. Try to start the line from the inner corner of the eye and to the middle, making it thin and neat. But the line from the center to the outer corner should be gradually thickened, ending with an arrow just above the line of growth of the eyelashes.
- If your eyes are planted widely, it is not worth itdraw long arrows, and it's better to do without them at all. In order to make the look deeper and more attractive, try to draw a neat thin line along the whole contour of the upper lashes.
- For narrow eyes, the following tip is suitable: the lines on the inner and outer corners are thin, and in the center of the century - more oily. You can duplicate this effect with the bottom pencil drawer - just repeat the same manipulations with the line thickness.
The most interesting thing about eyeliner is, of course,same, arrows. They can be completely different: small, long, flying and even double. It all depends on your mood and the event, about which make-up is done. In order to choose exactly "your" favorite arrow, ideally suited to the shape of the eyes, you will have to practice a lot in front of the mirror. But when you find exactly the image that suits you the most, your make-up without penciling will become simply unthinkable! We advise you to read: