Parents in the process of education and care foroften face many different problems. Even the most experienced parents, who have already raised more than one child, raise more and more questions. After all, all the children are different and the knowledge and experience that are simply priceless with one baby will be completely unnecessary with another. One of the most frequently asked and urgent questions was and is the question of why the child does not sleep well at night? If an infant is crying at night - this can somehow be explained, but if a one-year-old baby cries at night, this causes parents bewilderment and confusion.
Some babies do not sleep well since birth,some infants sleep disturbance arises due to some stress factor, and sometimes even without any apparent reasons. In any case, if a child is very poorly awake at night, this can not but worry the parents. All parents want their children to be healthy and active. And after all, sleep is one of the most important components of health. Without a healthy and sound sleep, a full and harmonious development becomes practically impossible. However, very often, just a healthy sleep for babies is not enough. Sleep disorders are very different:
- The child refuses to fall asleep in the time prescribed for him by the regime.
- The child is restless at night.
- The baby cries and cries through a dream, but does not wake up to the end.
- The child confuses the day with the night - sleeps during the day, awake at night.
Of course, with this state of affairs in no waycase can not be tolerated. However, if you do not pay attention to such violations, the problem will be only aggravated. To admit this, of course, in any case impossible. Lack of sleep can lead to various diseases, for example:
- Violation of the normal functioning of the immune system of the child.
- Violation of the central nervous system, including various neuroses.
Parents should remember that no speciessleep disorders do not occur without good reason. Any violation of sleep indicates the presence of any violations in the state of health or the regime and lifestyle of the child. It is necessary to find an answer to the question of why the child stopped sleeping at night. If the child's sleep disorders exist from birth, the reasons are likely to lie in the state of health of the crumbs. If the child always slept normally, and his sleep disturbances arose suddenly, often for no apparent reason, most likely it was a matter of changing the way of life and the mode of the child's day. However, in such cases, there is always a risk that such violations occur as a result of health problems.
Causes of sleep disorders
So, what is the most likely causethe occurrence of sleep disturbances? Violation of the daily routine of the child It is the incorrect regime of the day that can often cause significant disturbances and failures in the child's sleep mode. If your baby goes to bed very early, or, on the contrary, very late, during the day he sleeps a lot, and little moves, it goes without saying that at night he will sleep badly enough. Coping with this problem is not difficult, but for this you will need time and patience. Parents need to make the right schedule and try to stick to it as clearly as possible. Waking and sleeping should alternate in such a way that most of the time of sleep was at night. It is impossible to say unequivocally how much a child should sleep at night. However, the less time a child sleeps during the day, the stronger his sleep will be at night. In addition, we need to carefully approach the issue of organizing a child's leisure. During waking hours, the child must be constantly engaged in any active activity. Do not forget about physical activity. If the load is insufficient, the child does not sleep much at night. A one-year-old baby, who has protruded a certain distance for an evening walk with legs, will sleep much more than if he had traveled the same distance while sitting in a stroller. However, in no case it is not necessary in the second half of the day to load the nervous system of the child with excessive impressions and active games. Otherwise, despite the natural physical fatigue, the nervous system of the child because of the overabundance of the received emotions will be overloaded and he is unlikely to be able to fall asleep easily and on time. No wonder all the children's morning performances and holidays are held, as a rule, in the first half of the day. But do not hope that it is enough to make a daily routine and the child will instantly adapt to it. Instruction to the regime should be gradual and systematic. For example, you have chosen a time for going to bed - 21.00. If your child is accustomed to go to bed around midnight, you will not be able to accustom to lying down at 9 in the course of 3 days. Every day, shift the bedtime approximately 15 to 20 minutes, until the child gets used to falling asleep at 9 o'clock. However, one should not forget about the time of ascent - it must also be shifted and raised by the child earlier than usual. Also, make sure that your child spends as much time as possible on the street. Walking in the fresh air is very useful for the overall harmonious development of the child's body, beneficially affect his nervous system and greatly improve the child's sleep. A lack of walks can also serve as an explanation for why a child does not sleep at night. Nutrition It would seem that food and sleep are virtually unrelated. However, in fact, food and sleep are very closely related. So, for example, if a child is put to sleep on an empty stomach, the feeling of hunger will disturb the baby and prevent him from falling asleep. In addition, even if the baby falls asleep hungry, he must wake up at night and be capricious. If, on the contrary, the baby changes before going to bed, the heaviness in the stomach will not let him fall asleep. In addition, when overeating, the child often suffers from pain caused by intestinal colic. Also, parents should be aware that allergenic food can deprive your child of sleep not for one night. Never give new, unfamiliar products to the child, in the evening, before going to bed. It is quite difficult to call the optimal time for an evening meal. For nursing babies, which mothers breastfeed at their first request, there is no need to introduce any restrictions. But older children should eat about an hour and a half before they go to bed. Under such a regime, the child will not go to sleep hungry, but also will not suffer from the severity in the stomach. Also, when compiling a baby's diet, consider the fact that it is highly undesirable to take fat, heavy meals at night. Dairy dishes, vegetables and fruits will be the optimal food before bed. This fact, by the way, applies not only to children - adults are also not recommended before bedtime to eat fatty, sharp, salty and fried foods. If the intolerant colic suffers from a baby breastfed, the mother needs to urgently review her diet and exclude all foods that can cause increased gas production. Recent research has shown that the use of cow's milk feeding the mother causes the child severe stomach colic, and the infant does not sleep well at night. If you are breastfeeding, try to completely exclude from your diet cow's milk, replacing it with any dairy products. However, be careful with the use of cheese - its excessive amount can lead to the appearance of baby constipation. Also, the doctors of nutritionists have a version that in children a chronic sleep disorder is often caused by the use of a child to eat salicylates. Salicylates in large quantities are found in acetylsalicylic acid, food dyes and flavor enhancers, in tomatoes, raspberries, lemons and oranges. As a rule, the exclusion from the diet of products containing satsilitami, allows you to normalize the sleep of the child after 4 - 5 days. If you have even the slightest suspicion that your child's sleep disturbance is the result of the use of salicids, be sure to tell your doctor about the suspicions to the doctor who is treating the pediatrician. Child's health A child's sleep often serves as a real indicator of his physical condition. In the event that the baby is sick, the attentive parents will immediately pay attention to changes in the child's sleep. In the event that a child experiences any malaise - fever, abdominal pain or headache - he, of course, will be hard to fall asleep, and his sleep will be superficial and unsettling. If the infant does not sleep at night, consult a pediatrician, because the baby himself can not complain of malaise himself. If a newborn baby does not sleep at night, it can be assumed that he is disturbed by such violations as:
- If a one-year-old does not sleep well at night,it is possible that its cause was teething. Some people are focused on drooling the child, believing that the stronger it is, the sooner the teeth will erupt. However, in fact, this is not so. Carefully examine your baby's gums - if they are red and swollen, chances are most likely that the teeth are chopped. With teething, it helps very well to relieve the painful sensation of swelling the swollen gums with ice, as well as the use of special analgesic gels.
- Congenital disorders of the central nervous systemalso often become the main culprits for the disturbance of normal sleep in a child. Most often such a lesion of the central nervous system becomes encephalopathy. The cause of development in the crumbs of encephalopathy can be gynecological diseases in women, as well as the presence of stress and bad habits in the future mother.
- Very rarely, but still the cause of sleep disturbancemay be the presence of the child brain tumors. Of course, parents should not panic, but if other causes of sleep disturbances are not identified, and the baby does not sleep at night, it is necessary to go to the brain study.
- If the baby falls asleep badly, during the night oftenwakes up and cries, you can suspect that he has a disease such as otitis - an inflammation of the middle ear. Gently push the baby in the ear and look at his reaction - if the baby shows signs of anxiety, you should immediately contact a child's ENT doctor.
- Dysbacteriosis is also very often a cause for concern crumbs - a child crying in a dream in the night.
Be that as it may, if your childfaced with such a nuisance as a violation of sleep, a visit to the pediatrician you will not be able to avoid. The doctor will examine the child, if necessary, assign certain tests and be able to reliably determine the cause of the violation of sleep, and also tell the parents how to cope with this problem. An independent attempt to solve it and eliminate it often only aggravates the situation. Emotional Factor Often the cause of sleep disorders in children is a dysfunctional family emotional atmosphere. All the children very, very delicately feel the mood of their relatives and friends, even if they are not yet able to give the event a reasonable rational explanation. Even if the child does not give any kind, he worries if he feels that something is amiss in the family. And an unfavorable emotional atmosphere can feel the tiniest baby. And parents then wonder why the child cries at night. If you have constant quarrels in the family, scandals, mutual reproaches and resentments, this will necessarily affect your child in one way or another. As a result, the child at night wakes up with weeping. If you can not restrain yourself, at least try not to find out the relationship in public. With a child, you just need to create the appearance of peace and tranquility. However, remember that for a long time it can not go on like this - the child will very quickly feel falsity and hypocrisy. Try to solve all your problems immediately, as they come, and in no case let's take a milestone of emotions over common sense. Remember that all children need attention, caress and care of their parents. The time for going to bed for the kids is one of the most important. Going to sleep is a real ritual, it serves the child as a guarantee of stability and confidence. Each family has its own ritual - in one family this bathing, in the other - joint reading of books, in the third - fairy tales, in the fourth - a massage before bedtime. Older children are very fond of just lying with their parents and talking about something before going to bed. A simple conversation can dispel the child's fears and help you fall asleep quickly. All this depends on the personal preferences and traditions of the family, on the age of the child. The most important thing that needs to be done is to adjust the child to a positive mood. In no case should a child experience negative feelings - resentment, fear, anger. All conflict situations must be resolved long before bedtime. In no event should one swear at bedtime, let alone punish the child. If you did not manage to do this in the morning, do not ask for a relationship before going to bed. Postpone an unpleasant conversation for the morning. The more the baby will have irritating factors, the harder it will be for him to fall asleep, and the more worrying will be his sleep. Night fears of children As the child grows up, some problems are replaced by others. One of the most common causes of sleep disorders in children aged 3 to 6 years are night terrors and nightmares. Nightmares are seen by all children without exception, but they do not always become regular and cause children's sleep disorders. Very often, adults themselves become involuntary culprits of nighttime fears. Excessive time watching children's cartoons, which in our time are often quite aggressive, adult TV shows and films containing scenes of violence. Sometimes it seems to adults that the child is playing and does not pay any attention to what is happening on the screen. However, the child's brain is arranged in such a way that the baby is able to do several things at the same time. And this means that at a time when you think that the child is addicted to the game, his mind clearly captures everything that is happening on the screen. But it's not yet possible to interpret correctly the child seen and heard, so he treats everything in his own way. In the event that a baby wakes up every night from a nightmarish dream, cries, then can not sleep for a long time, parents should be alert. Such nightmares are quite a serious problem, most often a consequence of psychological stress or the presence of a secretive chronic disease in the child. Many parents do not pay attention to children's fear of darkness and nightmarish dreams, considering them as something completely frivolous. Sometimes you can even hear advice that such "whims" should in no case be encouraged, but they must be stopped at the root. This is a very dangerous delusion. Ignoring children's fears can lead to the development of the strongest psychoses and nervous breakdowns, for the treatment of which it will be necessary to resort to strong medicines. Children's experiences At the age of five to seven years, most children start thinking about what is death for the first time. As a rule, a child almost never asks questions to his parents, because he does not understand what kind of phenomenon it is. However, in the event that someone in the family dies of someone close or familiar, the child deeply experiences this death, without giving the slightest kind. After the child faces death, very often for him the process of sleep begins to be associated with the process of passing out of life. In no case should parents ignore and ignore this topic. Under no pretext can not leave the child alone with his experiences. Be sure to talk with him on this topic, the first to start a conversation. Find out what exactly is disturbing your baby, try to dispel all his fears. If you feel. That is not able to cope with this task. Ask for help from a child psychologist who knows how to act in such situations correctly. Recently, children's fears that have entrusted the name - the fears of the elements - have become very widespread. Modern boys and girls almost every day see from the TV screens various reports about earthquakes, floods, fires, tornadoes and similar natural cataclysms. In this case, parents need to take the following measures:
- Maximum time limit watched TV for the child
- Be sure to carefully monitor what exactly looks on the TV your child.
- It is also necessary to talk with the child about the fact thatit is his concern. Perhaps, if the child is old enough, it is even worth telling him about the causes of such natural disasters, and also about the geographic features of the locality in which your family lives.
In almost all cases, when a childthere are fears of possible natural disasters, the above measures are enough to cope with these fears and return the child's peace of mind and a sound sleep. Seven-year age is the beginning of the school life of your crumbs. The first call was left behind, school days began. And your student or student has hundreds of reasons for unrest: the fear of giving the wrong answer, getting an unsatisfactory assessment, he may have problems with his peers. The child will try to avoid school visits by all truths and crooks, and also try to delay the moment of going to bed, knowing that in the morning he again has to go to school and experience all the unpleasant moments. All this can cause sleep disturbances. And if the child, on top of everything else, does not find support and understanding in parents at this difficult time for himself, all school fears multiply and become firmly fixed both in the mind of the child and in his subconscious. The child can develop the strongest complexes that will remain with him for the rest of his life. In order to prevent the development of such complications, parents should, at the first anxious "bells", turn to child psychologists and psychiatrists who will help you in the shortest possible time to cope with such a problem without allowing injury to the child's psyche. Some parents are embarrassed to apply to such specialists, for fear that their child will be mistaken for a madman. However, this is a profound error - a huge number of children face this problem on a regular basis, and doctors already have a huge experience in treating such violations of child's sleep.
Other causes of infantile sleep disorders
In addition to childhood fears, there are also many factors - irritants, which have a negative impact on the child's sleep. Such a factor can become an absolutely unexpected thing:
- Too bright light of a night-lamp often does not allow a child to fall asleep and causes awakenings at night.
- Excessive darkness can also serve as a cause for concern for the child.
- Various unpleasant thoughts sometimes drive a child to sleepaway. In this case, the parents must necessarily talk with the child and find out what's troubling him. As a rule, children's doubts and fears are very easy to dispel, just talking to the child heart to heart. And do not think that the baby is too small and does not understand anything - often children understand much more than we think.
- The air temperature in the room where it sleepschild, can become a serious obstacle to a normal sleep of the child. In the nursery should not be too stuffy or too cold, it is also necessary to monitor the level of humidity in the room.
- Pay attention to the fabric from which they are sewnpajamas and baby bedding. When buying them, you must give preference to natural materials that allow the baby's skin to breathe and prevent the appearance of electrification and skin irritation. Also, pay attention that the pajamas or nightgown should be sufficiently free and do not constrain the child's movements.
As a rule, attentive and caring parents, if desired, very quickly identify and eliminate the cause of the violation of a child's sleep.
Folk remedies for sleep disorders in a child
Very many parents, faced with increasedexcitability of the nervous system and violation of the child's sleep, rush to the pharmacy, where they acquire various sedatives. However, this should not be done in any case - it can lead to a negative impact on the child's body and to an unpredictable, often quite the opposite, result. All pharmacological drugs are allowed to give the child only as prescribed by the doctor. However, there are absolutely safe and soft-acting recipes of traditional medicine, which bring a quick and visible result. At the same time, they have no side effects and do not have the slightest negative impact on the child's organism. For many decades, many parents have successfully applied them, achieving the desired result. However, before applying this or that recipe, it is still necessary to consult a pediatrician. In some cases, children may have an individual intolerance to a particular component. The following are the most effective means of all known to date recipes for the elimination of violations of childhood sleep:
- Give the child to drink at night 1/4 cup of decoction of pumpkin with honey: for 1 glass of water - 200 g crushed pumpkin and 1 tablespoon of honey. Cook the pumpkin for 15-20 minutes and add the honey to the chilled broth.
- Decoction of chemist's daisy. For its preparation you will need one tablespoon of chemist's chamomile, two tablespoons of sugar and 200 ml of water. Place the dry daisy in enameled dishes, pour it with water and bring the broth to a boil on low heat. Boil the chamomile for five minutes, after which add the sugar, let it brew for two hours and strain through the cheesecloth. The broth should be given to the child in a warm form, half the glass, about half an hour before bedtime. As a rule, a week of treatment is enough, after which the normal sleep in the child is restored.
- Equally effective is the infusion from the rootValerian, so that the child slept well at night. For its preparation you will need one teaspoon of dry root of valerian, two tablespoons of sugar and 200 g of water. The root of valerian must be thoroughly crushed, pour boiling water, add sugar, close the lid tightly and wrap it. After two hours, infuse the potion. Take infusion is necessary in a warm form, half the glass. It should be given to drink to a child only after an emotionally busy day or in case of any stressful situations. In no case can you take a decoction for more than five days in a row - this can cause an addictive effect.
- If a child has a nervous disordersystem: irritability, tearfulness, difficulty falling asleep, frequent awakening, a bath with a decoction of valerian root will help him. To prepare the broth, grind three tablespoons of valerian root, pour a liter of water and cook for one hour. After an hour, remove from heat and strain. Add to the bathroom at the rate of one hundred ml. broth for ten liters of water. Bathe the baby in such a bath before going to bed. However, remember that water should not be too hot, and the time of taking a bath is long. In the opposite case, you will get the opposite result - active and vigorous child, millet splashing energy.
- Also, if a child's sleep is disturbed, it is very effectivehelps the bathroom with the decoction of the grass of a real lady. To do this, five tablespoons of chopped herbs should be filled with a liter of steep boiling water, let it brew for an hour, strain and add to the bath while bathing before going to bed.
If your child has problems not with the process of falling asleep, but with the dream itself - the child wakes up and cries at night - the following simple means will help you:
- Prepare one tablespoon of fresh juicedill. It is not difficult to do this - thoroughly chop the dill, wrap it in gauze and squeeze out the juice. Mix the dill juice with one tablespoon of honey. Stir the mixture thoroughly in a glass of warm honey. Give the child half the glass before going to bed. The course of treatment should be about an hour.
- If the child sleeps restlessly at night, pour twoTablespoons of dill half a cup of hot milk, let it brew for an hour, then offer to drink milk to the baby. A strong and calm sleep after such dill milk is provided to crumbs.
- Also very often to cope with the violation of sleep in children helps the ordinary root of valerian, put under the pillow of the baby.
The main thing that parents need to know,faced with the problem of sleep disturbance in your child - this is the maximum amount of peace, patience and love for your baby. And then sweet dreams to your child are simply guaranteed! We advise you to read: