Many people believe that aging isinevitable and that it is simply impossible to remain young forever. But the science of human aging - gerontology - is constantly evolving, and we are increasingly learning what can be done to stay young. Or, at least, how to prolong youth and vitality for a longer time.
Protect Your Heart
Heart disease became the number one killer inall over the world. There is nothing more detrimental to youth than mistreatment of one's own heart. Take control of the state of your cardiovascular system, if you practice nutrition, based on foods with low fat and sugar saturation, to lead a healthy lifestyle and not to smoke. Here's what else you can do to protect your heart:
- Include weekly intake in your dietFish Preference should be given to such species as salmon, haddock, mackerel or tuna, which are rich in omega-3 fats. Studies show that eating fish two or three times a week can significantly reduce the risk of heart disease. You can take Omega-3 fats and in the form of nutritional supplements, but it is better to do after consulting a doctor.
- Give preference to active restStudies show that people who give themselves physical exertion in their spare time (for example, cycling or brisk walking) have a lower risk of cardiovascular disease compared to people who spend their free time less actively. Two hours a week of active physical activity can reduce the risk of serious heart disease by sixty-one percent - just imagine how much it is! And at what cost? Even just fun fun games, when you're having fun and playing like a child, will help you avoid aging!
- Meet: Your daily need for magnesium Again, studies show that people who get adequate amounts of magnesium from food have a lower risk of heart disease than others. Therefore, strive to receive 400-500 mg of magnesium per day. Here are the best sources of magnesium: spinach, halibut, cashew nuts, oat bran, canned white beans, potatoes baked in skins, brown rice, whole grain bread, bananas.
Warn oncological diseases
Cancer is the second leading cause of death in the world. Make sure that you are doing everything possible to protect yourself from this ruthless disease: provide yourself a balanced and varied diet, exercise regularly, avoid food containing carcinogens, and regularly undergo medical examinations. Begin a reduction in the risk of cancer by following our advice:
- Supplement your diet with vitamin D So, colon cancer specialists are often associated with the lack of a "sunny" vitamin. The lack of vitamin D can contribute to the development of other cancers.
- Try to half of your dietmake up vegetables, and it's better that they have a bright color. Not only will you consume fewer calories, and therefore you'll keep the weight under control, but also help your body resist the possible appearance of cancer cells. The brighter the color of vegetables and fruits, the more they contain antioxidants, such as vitamin C and carotenoids. On the one hand, studies have not shown that supplements containing antioxidants are able to prevent cancer, on the other hand, it is quite definitely revealed that foods consumed by humans can be useful in this direction. Scientists have not yet been able to determine exactly which nutrient - or combination of different nutrients - is responsible for resisting the body to oncological diseases. But the results of most studies show that there is a link between eating more fresh fruits and vegetables and reducing the risk of the lungs, larynx, esophagus, stomach and colon.
Protect your skin
As the largest organ, the skin protects our bodyfrom harmful environmental factors, in particular, from sunlight. Protection from the sun is especially important - ultraviolet rays not only contribute to the rapid aging of the skin, destroying elastin and thereby contributing to the appearance of wrinkles, but also traumatize the chromosomes in the skin cells. These injuries can lead to various skin diseases - including skin cancer - that can be life threatening. Take the following measures to keep your skin healthy and discover new ways to stay young:
- Plan an outdoor holiday suchso that it is necessary for the morning or evening hours Avoid being in the sun during the hours of its greatest activity - from eleven o'clock in the morning to sixteen hours of the evening - and stay away from beaches and sunbaths so as not to be exposed to harmful ultraviolet rays. Going to the street, apply to the face and exposed skin sunscreen with a protective level of SPF 30 or higher. Apply the cream should be about thirty minutes before you plan to go out. Then such a cream will have to be applied to the skin every two hours, and in addition - if you bathed or sweated heavily. In addition, cover your skin with long sleeves, put on a hat every time you have to be in the sun. Even if the outdoors is quite hot, you will be even more comfortable with a long sleeve; the main thing is to make clothes of natural and light fabric.
- From time to time, inspect your skin toin time to notice the first alarming signs of cancer. See if the color, size, shape and type of moles, freckles or other formations on the skin change. Painful moles or those that change their shape and size must necessarily be examined by a doctor.
- Eat foods rich in carotenoids, such as melon, apricots, carrots, pumpkin, spinach and other vegetables and fruits that have dark green, yellow, orange and red hues.
Strengthen your mind and spirit
Chronic stress can deprive you and happiness, andhealth. It weakens the immune system, making you more susceptible to infections, colds and many diseases. Stress causes wrinkles and other visible signs of aging. In addition, stress causes an increase in blood pressure, which can lead to premature aging of the cardiovascular system. To neutralize these destructive effects, try to determine what causes your stress, and then develop measures to help you cope with these situations. Start with the following steps:
- Leave in the office the stress caused by workersmoments Psychologists argue that stress from work can greatly harm our relationships with loved ones. Stability to stress and maintaining a good relationship in the family will help you avoid aging and stay healthy for a long time. Before you go home at the end of a hard day, take a few minutes to use some methods of reducing stress, such as meditation or deep breathing. Very good help to reduce tension and leisurely walks in nature. Therefore, if you have a beautiful park near your house or a river with picturesque beaches, get out for a few stops and walk along the park or along the river bank.
- Set meaningful goals for yourselfYou can choose several goals that will help you feel your own importance, and develop ways to achieve them. All this will greatly improve your psychological well-being, which, in turn, can strengthen your health.
- Try to dilute your daily chores andcares a good portion of humor Look interesting funny movie, when you get a free hour or two, go to the weekend at a comedy show or just talk with people who value laughter and a good joke. Scientists say that laughter can not only reduce stress, but can alleviate pain, improve immunity and reduce blood pressure. And people perceive a cheerful, sonorous laughing woman much younger than an eternally worried and frowning matron.
If you are concerned about something
Any person who wants for many yearsTo maintain health and youth, it is necessary to undergo regular medical examination. Just do not go to see a doctor unprepared. Write down, inadvertently not forget, any symptoms that bother you, even if they seem insignificant to you. For example, if you have pain at times, keep track of when this happens and how long it lasts. Tell the doctor about it, as well as what foods you usually eat and what medicines, herbs, vitamins and supplements you take regularly. Also provide the doctor with information about your chronic illnesses and how they flow. Tell us what kind of work you usually do and what your workload is. Discuss with the doctor how all this could affect the occurrence of unpleasant symptoms and what you need to do to eliminate them. But even if you have everything in good health, do not neglect a regular medical examination. We tried to tell you in as much detail as possible how to prolong youth and lead a full life for a long time. Follow our advice and you will always be young!