Long beautiful hair has always been the mainan ornament of a woman. However, it happens that the hair grows very slowly. This fact can be caused by health problems, so first of all you need to visit a doctor to undergo a medical examination. He can recommend making detailed analyzes, for example, a biochemical blood test that will show a deficit or, on the contrary, an excess of any substances in the human body. If the health is okay, then, perhaps, there will be enough restorative funds that will help to solve the problem. One such remedy may be burdock oil for hair growth. This product is derived from the roots of burdock, it contains a large number of different nutrients, trace elements, vitamins and flavonoids. This is a very effective tool to combat hair loss and to stimulate their growth.
Composition and methods of preparation
The chemical composition of this agent isthe combination of the following elements in the oil solution: inulin, proteins, essential oils, sitosterol, stearic and palmitic acids, bitterness, mineral salts, tannins, vitamins, flavonoids. In order to prepare burdock oil, there are a few simple recipes.
- Pour half a liter of heated vegetable oil with 150 g of burdock root powder. Infuse in a dark place for three weeks.
- Mix a glass of almond oil and half a glass of crushed rhizome of burdock, boil for a quarter of an hour on a small fire, then insist 24 hours, then drain.
- In a thermos pour 50 g of burdock roots and poura glass of boiling water, close tightly and leave to cool. After which the infusion is filtered, add two glasses of any refined vegetable oil and mix thoroughly.
Self-prepared funds needmust be shaken before use, because because of the substances contained in the composition of the mug, precipitation may occur. Keep the drug in a dark cool place for no more than 2 months. Oils of industrial production can be purchased in pharmacies, in health food stores or in Ayurvedic shops. In this case, you must pay attention to the expiration date of the product.
Action and methods of application
Thanks to a rich composition of useful substances,burdock oil has a positive effect not only on the condition of the hair, but also on the entire body as a whole. For this purpose, it is consumed inside. The usual practice of eating is to drink a teaspoon of oil in the morning on an empty stomach, washing down with any citrus juice. Included in the oil vitamins, minerals and essential oils improve metabolism, and in addition, enhance the body's immune system. Since metabolism directly affects the growth of hair, oral use of this product increases their growth. In addition to internal consumption, oil is consumed externally, for masks and massage. Massage with burdock oil acts on the condition of the hair in several directions at once. Firstly, due to the presence of a substance such as inulin, which is able to "absorb" toxins and similar substances in it, burdock oil allows deep cleansing of the scalp. This ensures full access of nutrients to hair follicles, as a result of which the hair grows stronger, falls less and grows faster. Also during the massage, the blood circulation of the scalp improves, which favorably affects the nutrition of the hair roots. In addition to massage, burdock oil is used to apply masks. To do this, the heated oil is rubbed into the roots of the hair, and then applied along the entire length, after which the mask is washed off with warm water with a mild shampoo. Such masks strengthen the hair and make it more healthy and silky. However, masks from pure burdock oil can not be applied for longer than 10 minutes, because an oily film is formed on the scalp that limits the access of oxygen to the roots of the hair, which can cause them to fall out. Therefore, for the best result, the oil from burdock roots should be used together with other substances.
In order to enhance the effect of burdock oilon the hair, the best is not to use it in its pure form, but add it to the hair mask. There are universal recipes suitable for hair of any fat content, one can distinguish several of the most effective.
- Honey. To prepare this remedy, you need to mix a tablespoon of burdock oil, a tablespoon of honey and a glass of kefir. This procedure not only strengthens, but nourishes the hair.
- Oatmeal mask-scrub. To make such a mask, you need to mix half a glass of oat bran and a quarter of a glass of burdock oil. Apply to the scalp, gently massage, leave for 10 minutes, then rinse. Such a composition will provide exfoliation of dead skin particles from the scalp, so the mask can be used to treat seborrhea.
- With aloe juice. This mask is suitable for dry hair. To do this, you need to grind the aloe leaf to a mash state, about 100 g, add a tablespoon of burdock oil. Stir and then apply to the hair for 5-10 minutes. This mask not only stimulates hair growth, but also moisturizes them along the entire length.
- Oak. This mask is especially useful for oily scalp. For it, you need to mix in equal parts burdock oil and oak bark powder. The resulting mass is applied over the entire length of the hair.
- Firming. This mask contains half a glass of colorless Henna powder, a tablespoon of sour cream and two teaspoons of burdock oil. All components must be mixed, if necessary, add warm water to a mushy consistency.
All masks containing oils,should be applied to dry hair. After applying the composition on the head, you need to put on a shower cap and wrap it with a towel, this will ensure the effect of the bath, which will allow the active substances to be absorbed. Then you need to wash your head with shampoo. Unless otherwise specified, the procedure is approximately 15 minutes. Like any herbal remedy, burdock oil acts gradually, accumulating in the body. Therefore, the effect can be noticed only after several months of regular application.