Childbirth at all times was called only as"The sacrament." And it's no accident - after all, what could be more mysterious and grandiose appearance of a new life? However, at all times women were waiting for childbirth with fear of pain. That is why women sought a way to facilitate the course of the birth process. One of these methods is childbirth in the water. Such births are not a new invention of mankind, in ancient times such a method of delivery was widely practiced, but it was forgotten for many centuries. And in recent years, aquaculture has become increasingly popular. There are special courses for future parents who prepare them specifically for such "waterbirth". The courses will tell in detail about all the features of such genera, video, as a rule, also have the opportunity. Childbirth in the water in the hospital is almost impossible, so most often at home. Those women who had childbirth in the water, the photo gladly demonstrate to the rest of the pregnant women, trying to convince them of complete safety and benefits.
Reviews of those who experienced this on themselves
If you decide to go on childbirth in the water, reviewshelp you get a better idea of this process. In addition, birth in the water video can be viewed on our portal. Below, those women who know firsthand what it is, share their reviews: Alena, the mother of the one-year-old Irochka: "The decision to give birth in the water came unexpectedly, after I saw the births in the water photo. I was so impressed by the pacification on the woman's face and the boundless happiness with which her eyes shone. I was interested in childbirth in the water, I only read positive reviews. And my husband and I risked going on childbirth in the water in the hospital, because at home it was still scary. Since these are my first births, I have nothing to compare, but I have the most pleasant impressions. "Victoria, mother of three children:" I gave birth to the eldest sons, like all women, in the hospital. However, after learning about the third pregnancy, I thought about an alternative method of delivery. Deciding on childbirth in the water, the pros and cons were weighed very carefully. I collected all the information, I managed to see the video even in the water. I gave birth at home, with a midwife. The birth went smoothly, the most pleasant impressions remained. Anna, the birth took place at home, in the water: "Pregnant, I originally wanted my child to be born at home, surrounded by close people. However, in the process of disclosing the cervix, something went wrong, I began to bleed very badly. Despite the fact that I was quickly taken to the hospital, my son was born dead. I experienced the worst nightmare in my life. But if I gave birth in the hospital, tragedy could be avoided "
Types of genera in water
Before talking about childbirth in water, it is necessaryhave a clear idea of what it is. Very often confusing births in the water with the relief of contractions with the help of water. Below, we'll look at each option in more detail. Relief of the period of active labor with the help of water usually occurs as follows: either the woman becomes a shower, or, much more effectively, immersed in a bath or pool. The positive effect is achieved due to the fact that in water the body weight becomes much less, due to which it is much easier for a woman to achieve complete relaxation of the muscular corset of the back and abdomen. Also, water allows a woman to take almost any convenient position for her at the time of the bout. If there is water circulation, this will help provide an additional analgesic effect, which occurs due to reflex irritation of the skin receptors. Unfortunately, this option is far from all women giving birth - not all maternity homes have the necessary equipment for this, because the usual bathtub is not suitable. The depth of such a bath should be at least 60 cm and width - 220 cm. That is why deliveries into the water in a maternity hospital remain only a dream of a large number of women. Childbirth under water is characterized by the fact that the bathroom is not only a period of labor, but also an exertion period. The birth of the child also occurs in the water. That's it, this method of delivery is the most controversial. Official Russian medicine categorically rejects water and condemns the possibility of childbirth under water.
Childbirth into the water
Such a phenomenon as childbirth in the water - "for" and "against"has a lot. Different sources of information often give completely different information. According to the supporters of such clans, they have the following positive aspects:
- The most important advantage is the absence of bright light of operating lamps, strangers. Thanks to this, the stressful state of the future mother is significantly reduced.
- There is a version according to which a newborn child, immersed immediately after delivery into the water, avoids the stress factors associated with the transition from the aquatic environment to the air.
- The process of childbirth under water flows more gently andnaturally, under the influence of water, the tissues of the perineum soften and become more elastic, thereby reducing the risk of tissue rupture.
However, leading obstetricians - gynecologists lead weighty counterarguments, telling about the opposite side of childbirth under water:
- At childbirth under water there is a high riskasphyxia of a newborn, or, in simple language, a child may be drowned. Normally, such a risk is very small, since all newborns have several interesting features. First, from the moment of appearance of the first birth pains, the fetus begins the increased production of the prostaglandin E2 hormone, which provokes breathing, as the inflow of blood to the brain increases when the diaphragm stops. Secondly, all babies are born in a state of acute hypoxia, and the state of hypoxia provokes swallowing, and not respiratory movements. Therefore, in the first minute the newborn does not perform an inspiration unless one is forced to do so. This is what the supporters of the genera believe in the water.
However, very often these rules do not work andthe baby breathes even before the birth of the body. And this is fraught with at least pneumonia, and in the worst case, the newborn will choke.
- Another risk factor is the development ofHyperthermia, both in the mother and in the fetus. This can happen if the temperature of the water exceeds the temperature of the mother's body by more than 2 degrees. This can result in serious complications, such as, for example, uterine bleeding in the early postpartum period.
- During water deliveries, there is a riskthe occurrence of such a formidable complication, as water embolism. Embolism is the penetration and circulation, together with the current of the blood of foreign substances, for example air. In the case of water embolism, water that enters through the walls of the uterine cavity, which in time and after the departure of the aftertaste is a continuous wound surface with naked injured vessels, penetrates into the vessels and can cause blockage, which, in turn, can lead to the death of the mother. This threat is recognized even by ardent supporters of births in the water, do not lose sight of this possibility and leave the water before the birth of the afterbirth.
- In two hours water begins to activelyto multiply bacteria and E. coli, so there is a high risk of infection of a woman giving birth and, as a consequence, the development of various postpartum complications, such as acute endometritis or endometriosis.
Childbirth in the sea, dolphins of the obstetrician
Childbirth at sea is another type of "waterbirth ", which first appeared in the 80's. At its core, the genera at sea are no different from the births in the basin, have all the advantages and disadvantages of conventional births, but the risk of infection is increased. In addition, childbirth in the sea can cause hypothermia of the woman giving birth, as the temperature of the water is much lower than the body temperature. In the last few years a new species of genera has appeared - genera with dolphins in the water. For Russia, births with dolphins are still an unusual rarity, however, in Europe this practice has already become quite widespread. Supporters of similar genera in water with dolphins - midwives tell interesting scientifically proven facts. Scientists - oceanologists have noticed a curious thing. Dolphins in contact with people when choosing the "interlocutor" I choose children, if there are no children, then women. And to pregnant women, dolphins are treated with special trepidation and warmth. Moreover, the dolphin can accurately distinguish from several women the pregnant woman, even if she herself does not yet know about her pregnancy. These same researchers argue that the regular communication of a pregnant woman with dolphins surprisingly affects the course of pregnancy, the process of childbirth and the further development of the child.
- Ultrasound produced by dolphins favorablyaffects the fetus, helps its correct development. Cases were recorded when the condition of the infants suffering from intrauterine hypoxia was improved, and the children in the wrong presentation turned to the head literally a few days before the birth.
- Those women who have had births with dolphins, unanimously describe the extraordinary ease during childbirth and the almost complete absence of pain.
- All the babies whose mothers were born withdolphins, possess a number of unique features. Such children have an unusually high level of IQ, an ideal psyche and harmonious physical development. In addition, these kids are almost never sick.
Who is categorically opposed to waterbirth?
Before making a final decision, pleasetake into account several factors. There are several groups of women for whom this type of birth is strictly forbidden, since this is likely to lead to both the death of the mother and the child.
- Women who have a narrow pelvis. By giving birth at home, they risk losing a child in the event of complications requiring immediate caesarean section.
- The above also applies equally to those future mothers, in which the child is not in the head preposition - home births in the water can lead to a tragic ending.
- Pregnant women who have a history ofplacenta previa. As a rule, in this case, delivery is possible only by caesarean section. Otherwise, with a premature detachment of the placenta, which is unavoidable in her presentation, the child will die from acute intrauterine hypoxia, and her mother's life will be threatened by bleeding.
- Also at risk are all women suffering from various chronic diseases.
If you enter into one of the groups at risk,that you can afford, these are childbirth in the hospital, under the supervision of specialists who, if necessary, can provide emergency medical care. Remember that you are responsible not only for yourself, but for the most precious thing that you have - for the life of your baby. We draw your attention to the fact that our team remains neutral and does not call pregnant women to make any decisions. This article is purely informative. We advise you to read: