The best stroller, the best clothes,diapers, toys. Any mom wants to give her baby all the best. And what can be better than breastfeeding? It is impossible to overestimate his usefulness. Until recently, it was very popular artificial feeding, which was justified by a number of biased reasons, the main motive of which was the convenience of a young mother. However, breastfeeding has recently taken a leading position. But, unfortunately, very often, faced with the first problem, for example, the fact that a newborn child does not take a breast, the mother gives up and translates the baby into breast milk substitutes. But in fact, in fact, the fact that the baby does not take the breast, is not at all an excuse to deprive him of his mother's milk. To avoid the occurrence of difficulties and know what to do, if suddenly the child has stopped taking breast, you need to have as much information about breastfeeding. Sometimes the help of a breastfeeding consultant is very helpful. The specialist will find out exactly why the child does not take the breast, and will offer the most effective solution to the problem. Well, if you do not have such a specialist in the city, you can ask for help from women who have long and successfully breastfed their own children.
Benefits of Mother's Milk
Breastfeeding is the most preferred for a number of reasons:
- The application of a newborn baby to the breast, in the first minutes of life, helps the early birth of the afterbirth and the effective reduction of the uterus.
- Feeding the baby allows you to satisfy itneed not only in food, but also in drinking. Of course, this applies only to the children of the first three months of life, after that you can safely give your baby water and juices.
- Breastfeeding helps your mother avoidappearance after the birth of depression. This is due to the fact that during breast feeding hormonal balance in the body is preserved, there is a constant production of hormones of the group of neuropeptides, including endorphins, the so-called "hormones of joy." In addition, the nursing mother has an increased stress resistance, which occurs due to the effects on the female body of hormones such as prolactin and oxytocin.
- Moms who feed their babies with their breasts are much less likely to get sick, since their immunity is due to the fact that intensive metabolism stimulates the strengthening of the immune system.
- From a practical point of view, breastfeedingalso has some advantages. Mom does not need to waste time and energy on boiling bottles, diluting the mixture and controlling its temperature. Wherever you go, food for your crumbs at any second nearby, sterile and the right temperature. In addition, breastfeeding does not require significant material costs. Saved money you can spend on something pleasant or useful.
In the first two to three days, the mammary glands of a womanproduce colostrum, which in its consistency is much thicker than female milk. Colostrum is very useful for the baby, because it contains a huge number of different maternal antibodies. Colostrum is a kind of "vaccination" from many diseases that can trap a baby. In addition, pediatricians noted the fact that babies who received colostrum, as a rule, are much less likely to suffer from dysbiosis.
Composition of human milk
For a baby, the benefits of breast milk are obvious. None of the most expensive and good artificial mixture is able to completely reproduce the composition of breast milk. And this is not surprising, because the composition of my mother's milk varies in direct proportion to how her child's needs change. This adaptation to the needs of the child occurs regularly, the composition of milk changes hourly. However, you can still give a general description of the chemical parameters of human breast milk.
- The composition of milk is more than 450 different microand macronutrients, necessary for the full development of the child. And the highest concentration will be precisely those substances that your kid needs right now.
- In the composition of women's milk, about 97% of water. And it is in it that all the necessary substances are dissolved.
- All the kids eagerly eat mom's milk, and thismerit, to some extent, belongs to milk sugar (lactose), which makes milk very sweet. Therefore, the taste of milk can not be the reason why the child does not want to take the breast. It is lactose, similar to female, and have not learned to reproduce chemically until now. But lactose not only ensures the presence of normal microflora in the intestine, but also participates in the development of the brain of crumbs.
- Protein, despite the fact that its volume of content accounts for only 1%, is responsible for the development of the central nervous system. Female protein is also impossible to reproduce in the laboratory.
- 3% of the percentage falls on fats, which are the main source of energy needed for the development of the child's body.
- The necessary hormones, vitamins, trace elements are produced in the required amount, and their content can vary.
Problems with breastfeeding
At the very beginning of the long journey to a successful breastfeeding many mothers are faced with various pitfalls, for example, even in the maternity home mom discovers that the baby does not take the breast. And if at that moment there is not a sensitive and caring person next to him who will help his mother to cope with the problem in time and knows exactly how to accustom the child to the breast, then the baby has a high chance of becoming so-called in the people "artificial". With respect to breastfeeding, the very old folk wisdom is quite justified: "it is easy not to get fish out of the pond". Practically with any problem of breastfeeding, if desired, can successfully cope. If a woman is determined to breastfeed, the question raised about how to get a baby to suck her breast will be solved very quickly. One of the most common problems is the situation when the baby sucks a little at the breast. In order to effectively solve it, it is necessary to decide what exactly is happening: The situation when the infants breast sucks badly, can be caused by one of the following reasons.
- The child does not take the breast well. If the child does not correctly take the breast, the resultant process of sucking becomes impossible, the child can either cover the milk ducts, which will lead to futile attempts to obtain such a desired milk. Or, on the contrary, the child will not be able to control the flow rate of milk, as a result of which he will constantly choke. About how to teach a child to take a breast, will be told a little later.
- Very many mothers are concerned about the question: why does the child throw his chest? Sometimes it happens that the child sucks his breast for 5 minutes and refuses. Ask yourself why the baby does not eat well, there can be several reasons. You put the baby to the chest too often and he just does not have time to get hungry. As a rule, such a situation occurs when feeding by the clock.
- Very often, the child restlessly sucksbreast, is caused by his natural interest in everything that is happening around. The child is distracted and forgets about why, in fact, my mother gave him a breast. As a rule, it looks like this: a child spits out his chest and starts looking around, watching things, or flirting with his mother. In this case, the most correct thing is to take the chest from him, and let him "work up an appetite." One of the main mistakes of many mothers is that they allowed the breast to turn into a toy. In the future, this can bring a lot of trouble and can be an explanation of why the baby sucks badly.
- If the behavior of the child at the breast is frankfor example, the child takes a breast and cries, or, in other cases, the child refuses to suckle, even if he is very hungry, seek medical help.
- Very often the reason that the baby sucks badlychest, is the introduction of complementary feeding or supplementary artificial mixture. It is much easier to suck liquid from a bottle than from a breast. Often, children understand this very quickly and, as a consequence, the child is lazy to suck breast. If the mother wants to preserve breastfeeding, her actions should be as follows. If the child refuses to breastfeed, do not insist. But do not feed the mixture, and after an hour again offer him a breast. If the baby refuses the breast after this, increase the waiting time by another hour. Stop using dummies and bottles, it's best to pour the baby from a spoon, as using them can cause the baby to take the breast badly.
- If the child is restlessly sucking on the chest, it mayalso says that his tummy hurts. That's why first of all, if you notice that the child is worried about the chest, pay attention to the work of his intestines. Diarrhea, constipation, intestinal colic and other abnormalities of the gastrointestinal tract of the crumb should not be left without Mom's attention.
- The child does not take the breast at all. This is a very disturbing sign in the event that previously you have not experienced any problems with feeding, and your baby does not receive any lures. The reasons for the child's refusal to breast can be very diverse. If there are obvious reasons why a child does not want to suckle, you do not see, you should try to feed him in a few hours. Maybe the little one is just not hungry. But if this happens again, to find out why the child does not suck the breast, it is worth letting the pediatrician.
Try to reproach the baby on demand, and ifafter that the child turns away from your chest, you need to seek help from your pediatrician or a breastfeeding consultant who will find out the reasons for what is happening and explain how to get the baby to take the breast. Very small crumbs are very often simply - they fall asleep during feeding. Try to wake your baby. These tips apply to the situation where the child sluggishly sucks his chest.
The reasons why when breastfeedingthe child cries, there may be various diseases, such as stomatitis, called folk milk. This disease causes the appearance of sores and sores in the mouth, which when sucked cause pain, so the child cries when sucking the chest. A short sublingual bridle also leads to the fact that the child is naughty at the breast. Congenital diseases such as "wolf mouth" or "hare lip" also lead to the fact that the baby refuses to breast. However, as a rule, these developmental defects are always seen in the hospital. But in this case, do not despair and deprive the crumb of the precious mother's milk. Express the milk and feed the crumb from the bottle.
How correctly to put the child to the breast?
In order to subsequently not break yourselfhead, why the baby refuses the breast, it is necessary from the very first days to know how to teach a child to suck the breast properly. This, in the future, will help to avoid a lot of problems related to the questions "how to make the child take the breast" and "why the child takes the breast badly". Below are the main recommendations of breastfeeding specialists:
- Always, before giving the baby a breast, be surethat his mouth is wide open. If you put a nipple in the child's half-open mouth, the probability is high that the baby will take it wrong: either by clenching his teeth, or not far enough. Widely open mouth, there are cases when the baby does not correctly take the breast.
- Very often there is a sad situation whenMother does not understand her crumbs. When the mother tries to put the baby to the chest, he begins to actively manifest a search reflex, which consists in the child turning the head from side to side. And Mom perceives this absolutely natural behavior only as the child's refusal from the breast. But in fact, the baby is hungry, and this does not mean that the child refuses to take the breast.
- Even in the case when the baby was originallycorrectly took the nipple, in the process of sucking, he can go down to the very tip of it and bite it. This inevitably causes a woman a pain. If this happens, have the baby stop sucking the breast and spit out the nipple. To do this, gently push the baby to the corner of the mouth. And afterwards, give him a breast again.
Despite all the difficulties that lie in wait for Mom onpath leading to breastfeeding, the result exceeds the wildest expectations. Strong immunity, harmonious development and a wonderful mood of the child - is this not the dream of any mom? And in your power to make this dream a reality. We advise you to read: