Bronchitis is an inflammation, swelling or infection of the bronchi present between the nose and the lungs. Mostly this disease is caused by viruses, bacteria and other particles that irritate the bronchi.
Can I use home remedies to treat bronchitis?
If you observe the following symptoms: cough with mucus, shortness of breath, chest pain, nasal congestion, fatigue, muscle aches and fever, then you have bronchitis. Bronchitis can be divided into two types - chronic bronchitis and acute bronchitis. People suffering from bronchitis often try to be cured by folk remedies or medicines dispensed without a doctor's prescription. But it is better to contact the hospital if symptoms are found, since bronchitis is a harbinger of pneumonia. And after the doctor has examined you and prescribes treatment, you can use additional funds to treat bronchitis. Along with medicines, there are many simple folk remedies and tips that will help alleviate the various symptoms of bronchitis. Also, people's methods can be used if you need to quickly put yourself in order. Below are tips that will help you feel better when you're sick, time-tested and many generations of people.
Soothing means that help with bronchitis
Oddly enough this may sound, but some remedies will simply make you feel better with bronchitis. Here are a few simple tips:
- Try to eat soups or stews - this is food that will give warmth to your body and make you feel better.
- Stay away from cold foods such as ice cream and cold drinks, they will make you feel worse.
- Drink plenty of fluids: as much water as you can. But try to drink more and warm liquid, that the mucus faster "lagged behind" the walls of the mucosa.
- Try to forget about not very important problems! you will solve them when you feel better. In order to quickly cope with bronchitis, rest is simply necessary - reduce stressful situations and think only of good.
- If you were lucky enough to live near the sea or the ocean, and you get bronchitis, try to go out closer to the water at night. Wet salty air will help ease the symptoms of bronchitis.
- If you can not go to the sea, tryFill the sink with hot water or heat the water in a saucepan. Cover your head with a towel and inhale warm steam to ease the sore throat - repeat the procedure as often as possible.
- Take a shower or bath as hot as you can withstand. Try adding apple cider vinegar to the water, as this helps to soothe the pain in the muscles (3 cups per bath with water).
What can and can not be done with bronchitis
- Rest as much as you can, nottrouble yourself with work. Precisely because ill people do not take this instruction seriously, they have complications. So use any opportunity to rest and sleep more often, because sleep is also useful when you have bronchitis!
- The old method, based on rinsing with salt water, really helps. Use only 1 teaspoon of salt per glass of warm water.
- Use a humidifier in the room for air or regularly ventilate the room.
- Pour hot water into the basin and stand in itbare feet. Stay until the water starts to cool down. Steam works wonders - it draws blood to your chest, which will have a very positive effect on your recovery.
- Do not be afraid to cough (just remember to be polite at the same time and cover your mouth). Cough actually helps to "dilute" phlegm in the lungs, and this leads to the fastest disposal of it.
- If you have chest pain or cough muscle aches, it is better to take aspirin to get rid of the pain, and do not lean on the cough medicine to "plug it".
- Drink, drink and drink again! Drink the maximum amount of water. If you are tired of drinking plain water, switch to herbal teas. Warm fluids can also help ease the "congestion" in the chest. Lemonade, juices and other similar liquids can also be drunk, but they will not give you the desired effect.
- Take care of yourself. Stay away from people who are also sick, if possible, since you can "pick up" other people's microbes, which may worsen your condition.
- If you smoke, then give up this habit at the time of treatment. Cigarettes will only increase the chances of getting pneumonia.
- Stay away from harsh and specificodors, and also from spicy food, as this can cause acute pain in the chest and a strong cough. With bronchitis, your body becomes very sensitive to odors.
- Do not talk too much. When speaking, the vocal muscles become strained, and this causes an attack of cough that does not stop spontaneously.
Folk remedies for bronchitis
All of the following natural remedies will help you overcome bronchitis.
Honey is a natural product that helpscope with a cough with bronchitis. Antiviral and antibacterial properties present in honey, are soothing to the throat. At the same time, honey will protect your immune system and maintain the natural temperature of your body. Add one teaspoon of honey to your cup of tea or put honey in a cup of warm lemon water to treat the sore throat and discharge of phlegm from the lungs.
Onions have expectorant characteristics andhelps dissolve mucus and phlegm in the lungs. At the same time, the juice of onions will avoid their further formation and spread. Just take one teaspoon of raw onion juice every morning on an empty stomach. This is an excellent tool for treating bronchitis at home. It is also recommended to add raw onions to a salad or use onions while cooking.
Presumably, it helps to treat diseases of the respiratory system. Eat almonds with a little honey or eat raw.
Lemon does have antibacterialproperties and helps to fight mucus. Add a slice of lemon in a cup of tea or brew lemon peels in a glass of boiling water. Let the drink last for 5-10 minutes, and it is ready for use. In addition, it is useful to gargle with a lemon juice mixed with warm water (1 teaspoon of lemon juice per 1 glass of warm water).
- Salty water
Rinse your throat with salt water several times a day. This is a great way to treat various symptoms of bronchitis. To make this product, dissolve one teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water and rinse your throat. Do not overdo it with salt, as too much of it can cause a burning sensation in the throat. And too little salt will not be effective. you can gargle with salt water as often as you need it. There are two advantages of this remedy: first, it will calm the inflammation in the throat, and secondly, it will reduce the amount of mucus that causes irritation on the sensitive part of the throat.
- Herbal teas
Teas with chamomile, mint and lemon are especially good and useful in the treatment of bronchitis. Drink as much tea as you can, during the day and even before going to bed.
Ginger is used to treat colds, andhe can help in the treatment of bronchitis. It contains anti-inflammatory and immunostimulating substances that relieve irritation, inflammation or pulmonary edema. When treating bronchitis, you can try herbal ginger tea: add one teaspoon of ginger powder and black pepper in a glass of boiling water. Let the drink steep for a few minutes, then add a little honey and drink it twice a day.
- Orange juice
You can always count on orange juicefor the treatment of acute symptoms of bronchitis. Orange juice will give your body much needed vitamins and nutrients, and at the same time it will have a soothing effect on your throat. you can drink as much orange juice as you want. However, it is better to drink freshly squeezed orange juice, and not bought in cardboard packages. You can try some of the aforementioned folk remedies to cure bronchitis. But if your state of health worsens, you should immediately consult a doctor.