Inside your body there is an amazing andA complex defense mechanism called the immune system. With the onset of the cold season, our immune system is weakened, and even the healthiest person can get sick. Ahead of three long months of winter, and this means that you must take care of your health, so as not to get sick, and learn how to improve immunity. Your immune system is at risk, as you are daily in contact with numerous viruses, microbes, parasites and bacteria that would like to invade your body, not to mention the increasing pollution of the environment, which also does not benefit you at all.
What is immunity?
To understand the strength of the immune system, you needlook at what happens to a living being as soon as it dies. This sounds rude, but this example will show you that something very important is in your immunity. When a living being dies, his immune system (along with everything else) turns off. Within a few hours, all kinds of bacteria, microbes, parasites invade the body ... None of these microorganisms are able to invade when your immune system is working, but at the moment when it stops its work, the "gate" opens wide. Obviously, our immune system does something amazing to prevent the invasion of the body of foreign bodies and to maintain health. So how to increase immunity? The idea of improving immunity is tempting, but it is not so easy to realize it. Since the immune system is a complex of various processes that, in order to function successfully, must be in balance and harmony, then you need to combine and follow several rules for maintaining health and strengthening immunity. you can say goodbye to frequent bouts of flu and cold if you make the following simple changes to the habitual way of life.
How to increase immunity with a healthy diet
Eat a healthy diet. Nutrition, or your diet is the most important key that will quickly help boost your immune system. What you feed your body will determine how healthy it will ultimately be. If you constantly eat fast food, you do not get the nutrients your body needs. Better direct your attention towards fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meat and whole grains. They contain a high level of vitamins and antioxidants that are needed by your immune system. When choosing fresh fruits and vegetables, make sure that you have purchased them in different colors. Each color indicates a different compound of vitamins, which is contained in the product. Include a set of healthy food in your daily diet. Try to avoid the consumption of excess amounts of sugar, fats and alcohol. Drink more water. Water helps to activate muscles, improve bowel function and balance the level of fluid in your body. you should drink 8 glasses of water every day. Avoid quenching your thirst with lemonade, beer, tea or coffee, as these drinks lead to dehydration of the body.
How to raise immunity? Lead a healthy lifestyle!
Refuse from smoking. Smoking damages virtually every organ and increases the likelihood of stroke, heart attack and lung cancer. Get enough sleep. Sleep is important not only for rest and recovery, but also for maintaining the body's immune system. Just when you are sleeping, the immune system is replenished and strengthened. The loss of even one night's sleep can significantly suppress the immune system.
- Melatonin, a natural hormone, is released,when darkness comes. It makes you feel drowsy and helps you achieve a deep and restful sleep. In addition, it is a powerful antioxidant that helps maintain the function of the immune system, so that while you are sleeping, the immune system functions to support the vitality in the body.
- Strong sleep improves not only the mood and energy level, it prevents strokes and helps you manage your weight. Strive to sleep 7-8 hours a day.
Work up to the seventh sweat. Moderate physical exercise is a great way to raise and maintain the immune system in the norm. In addition, the performance of certain exercises improves the health of the cardiovascular system and significantly reduces the likelihood of certain chronic diseases. Calm down. Stress can be very harmful to immunity, and prolonged periods of stress can lead to a weakening of the immune system. Therefore, it is very important to find ways to deal with stress. This can be meditation, yoga, doing what you love, communicating with friends ... Everything that acts positively on you. Observe hygiene. Be sure to keep your body clean; adherence to basic hygiene rules will help prevent the occurrence and spread of infections or diseases.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water. This will help to get rid of any dirt, microbes or bacteria that you contacted during the day. you must wash your hands after visiting the restroom; before eating; before, during and after cooking; after contact with animals.
- Go to the shower every day. Use a loofah or sponge for the body to remove dirt and dead skin cells.
- Brush your teeth twice a day and use dental floss if possible. This will help prevent gum disease.
- Carry an antibacterial hand sanitizer with you and use it when you can not wash your hands.
How do special products and supplements affect immunity?
Be skeptical about "immunostimulating"drugs. There is no scientific evidence that various tablets and dietary supplements advertised on TV and allegedly "boosting immunity" are effective. In simple terms, the best thing you can do to increase your immunity is to lead a healthy lifestyle and to timely prevent and treat diseases. Eat antioxidants. Antioxidants are vitamins, minerals and other substances that help to repair damaged cells in the body. Examples of antioxidants are beta-carotene, vitamins C and E, zinc and selenium. These substances, which will help to quickly raise the immunity, are found in some fruits or vegetables.
- Vitamin C is found in berries, broccoli, potatoes, oranges, green peas, strawberries, sweet pepper, lemon, tomatoes and cauliflower.
- Beta-carotene is found in apricots, dried apricots, beets, spinach, pumpkin, persimmons, tomatoes, corn and carrots.
- Vitamin E is found in broccoli, carrots, nuts, papaya, spinach and sunflower seeds.
- Zinc is found in red meat, beans, nuts and seafood.
- Selenium is found in tuna, pork fat, beef, eggs, coconut.
Try aromatherapy. Aromatherapy is an excellent way to quickly stimulate the immune system. Stress, as indicated above, is one of the main factors that have a poor effect on immunity. Therefore, aromatherapy will help to relax, relax and relieve stress. Essential oils, which are famous for their relaxing qualities (tea tree oil, chamomile and lavender), can be used in aromatic oils, in a bath or in massage oils. The smell of oil will help reduce anxiety, and your skin will be oiled. Skin is one of the most important barriers that protect the body from infections, so it is important to take care of it.