Inflammation of the inner layer of the uterus is calledendometritis. Discussions and elucidation of the question of why endometritis occurs after childbirth will always be relevant, because every woman who gives birth is likely to get sick, it is also important to recognize and cure the disease in time to ensure that subsequent pregnancies have passed safely. During critical days, the inner membrane of the uterus, because of the influence of hormones, changes its structure. Throughout the cycle, the uterus prepares to adopt a fertilized egg. If fertilization does not occur, the functional layer of the uterus is rejected, and menstruation occurs. After childbirth, inflammation of the uterus often occurs, as a result of which the structure of the inner membrane is broken and inflammation begins, which leads to complications (threat of pregnancy, infertility).
Why does endometrium occur?
The cause of the disease is simple. It's all about the germs, which, getting into the uterus, cause its inflammation. Ways to get microbes inside the womb:
- directly from the vagina;
- from foci of chronic infections.
Postpartum endometritis can appear for several reasons:
- with infertility or abortion;
- in the case of manifestations of infectious diseases in the period of bearing of the child;
- after cesarean section;
- with prolonged delivery;
- in the case of neglect of personal hygiene;
- after carrying out studies of amnioscopy, amniocentesis or others, during which medical instruments are inserted into the uterine cavity;
- at anhydrous period more than 12 hours;
- with polyhydramnios, multiple births or repeated childbirth;
- in case of unfavorable passage of the third period of the generic process.
- with mild labor, bleeding, etc.
Symptoms of the disease
Symptoms of the disease can manifest themselves through2-3 hours, and after 6-8 weeks after childbirth. Thus, endometritis can manifest itself when the newly mum is still in the hospital, under the supervision of the doctor, and afterwards, when the mother and the child are already at home. The earlier the disease manifested, the more difficult it is. Symptoms of endometritis:
- increase in temperature, up to 40-41 ° C;
- malaise and weakness;
- frequent pain in the lower abdomen and lower back;
- abundant discharge (greenish or yellowish flowers, having an unpleasant odor);
- contraction of the uterus is slow;
- increase in the number of leukocytes.
Treatment and prevention
If the disease manifested itself at the time whenthe woman is still in the maternity hospital, then she is transferred to a special department, where young mothers are sent with various complications that have arisen after childbirth. If the woman is already at home, then you need to be hospitalized in the gynecological ward at the hospital. As a rule, with inflammation of the mucous membrane of the uterus, breastfeeding is not interrupted, but there are cases when it still has to be done, because more than one antibiotic can be prescribed for treatment. The prevention of endometritis can include:
- timely treatment of sexually transmitted diseases;
- timely attachment of the baby to the breast;
- observance of aseptic and antiseptic in the maternity hospital.
In order not to face this disease, the most important thing is to follow the doctor's recommendations accurately, only then you can be confident in your own health and in a quiet postpartum period.