The Cowboy style of dress is expressivemodels, convenience and practicality. For all time of its existence, it has not changed much. The homeland of this current is the United States of America, or rather the territory that used to be called "Wild West". Americans themselves call this style of "western". A few decades ago, such things were mostly cowboys and farmers, that is strong men who moved a lot, dragged weights, galloped on horses, periodically took part in fights, worked in the field. Therefore, the main requirements put forward in relation to clothes, were practicality and non-mink. The models were comfortable, made of natural, "breathing" fabrics. On the head cowboys wore wide-brimmed hats, protecting them from dust and sun, and on their feet - jeans and characteristic boots, very durable and designed specifically for riding. But today such clothes can be seen not only on modern men, but also on lovely city girls.
Cowboy style yesterday and today
The emergence of Western style contributed tocertain conditions of life. So, dust storms, which often raged in the American prairies, forced cowboys and their wives to wear neck scarves, as well as wide-brimmed hats, which did not fall off only thanks to a lace fastened to the headdress. As for the fabrics, then suede and leather became very popular at that time. They were the most durable of all materials, they did not wear out for a long time and perfectly behaved in everyday life: they did not sit down from washing, did not break. If the clothes appeared holes, then they sewn on top of a new piece of fabric. And today, on many Western-style models, patches can be found, but this is more a tribute to fashion and an element of decor, rather than a forced necessity. Cowboys wore checkered shirts made of cotton or flannel, which beautifully masked dirt and stains, and thanks to the material were not very hot. Many people mistakenly believe that the country style in clothes is designed exclusively for men. During the Wild West, the girls were household, so their wardrobe was also practical and comfortable. Women wore wide long skirts with flounces, white blouses with sleeves-lanterns, decorated with original embroidery and sewing. Dresses were multi-tiered and prisborennymi at the waist line, thereby making it visually already, and on top American women wore aprons, to which large capacious pockets were sewn. In them, the ladies put various little things necessary in everyday life. For the cold season, warm jackets of fluffy yarn, long reaching the waist or below, were meant. The clothes were made of dense material: cotton, cotton, wool. The existence of elegant shoes with heels at that time, no one knew - the girls managed with comfortable durable high boots on the laces. As for the color scheme, the costume of indigenous American women consisted of a light top and a dark bottom. The closest relative of Western style is the hippy clothing. They really have much in common, namely: natural fabrics, free spacious silhouettes, an abundance of folklore motifs. However, there is a fundamental difference. So the wardrobe of "children of flowers" is a discord, a combination of the most diverse, sometimes absolutely incompatible elements. While the country complies with certain rules and creates a special, inherent only entourage. To date, the style of cowboys is mostly preferred by people who are keen on horseback riding. And even in this case, the clothes of Native Americans are combined with other modern elements. So, the western, which came into fashion in the 70s of the XX century, today often returns to the podium in the collections of many famous designers such as Phillip Lim, Gucci, as well as Christian Dior, Isabel Marant, Anna Sui. Recently, this theme can be traced in the shows of the famous brand Cacharel and fashion designer Derek Lam.
Characteristic features of style
Clothing in country style differs pastelwarm tones. Main colors: brown, beige, gray. The decoration in the form of buttons is often made of metal or wood. Country is characterized by free and quiet silhouettes: dresses, blouses sarafans, as well as skirts in the floor, sweaters and cardigans are made of natural materials - cotton, tweed, flax, wool. Ideal for western style fits lace, openwork and knitted fabrics. Very popular are all kinds of patterns, ethnic or rustic ornament, which decorate clothes. With regard to decoration, it is often a bead, lacing, fringe, applique or the above-mentioned embroidery. American cowboys and farmers are reminded of leather trousers with fringes on the sides, wide comfortable jeans, scarves that tie around the neck. Today they play the role of a fashion accessory, and in those days they performed a protective function, preventing the sand and dust from falling behind the collar. An indispensable attribute of the country style is a hat with wide margins and a lace that helped keep the headgear in place and does not fall off while riding. Another distinctive feature of the cowboy wardrobe is a checkered shirt. Girls preferred light blouses with wide sleeves in the form of flashlights. And instead of jeans, the ladies covered their legs with cotton long skirts. Dresses were sewn mainly from chintz, supplementing the dress with an apron with large pockets, located at the level of the hands. In the Wild West, where instead of asphalt there was mud all around, earth and sand, people wore comfortable and practical shoes. A man could be met in tall, sharp-pointed leather boots, and the ladies preferred preference to more exquisite shoe-laces, naturally, without heels.
Creating an image in the country style
Today, few people dress in the style of Americancowboys - these clothes are mostly worn by people who are keen on horseback riding. After all, it is very comfortable and comfortable: the movements are not constrained tightly, and the fabric from which the country models are made, breathes well, so a person does not sweat and can spend his leisure actively. Such things are ideal for country walks, shish kebabs in the bosom of nature and work on the garden. Modern teenagers often arrange costumed parties, and for this you do not even need to look for an excuse - just wait until Halloween or New Year's carnival. If you are going to a similar event and want to try on the image of a cowboy, the following instructions will help in the implementation of the conceived:
- First, forget about the stereotypes. To dress in a country dress does not mean to repeat the look of Western heroes. The origin of the traditional American style was a necessity, justified conditions of life of the Wild West. However, today to create an image, it is enough to combine modern models with the clothes of the past. There are a lot of different directions of westerns, for example: "city cowboy", "Tex-Mex" or "Rodeo" and others. Determine what will make you feel most comfortable, and wear such things.
- Looking for inspiration? Turn to pop culture: bright representatives of this style in the clothes were Johnny Cash, as well as Tim McGraw. Look at Westerns or TV shows about the Wild West, pay attention to the individual details of the movie heroes' wardrobe, however, while forming the image, try to preserve your individuality.
- If you decide to limit yourself to jeans instead ofleather pants, then choose comfortable wide models of smooth, but at the same time rough material. As for the color, it can be a classic dark blue or another shade, as close as possible to this color scheme. Perfectly complement the image of homemade denim shorts.
- Strips and tears are the characteristics of a countrystyle. Therefore, it is recommended to use clothes with these elements. You can decorate this decor yourself - cut out round patches from another fabric and sew them on jeans or trousers.
- An indispensable attribute of any real cowboy is a wide-brimmed hat, a leather belt with a massive metal plaque and a checkered shirt. The latter can also be made of denim.
- Girls should pay attention to calicoDresses, light blouses with sleeves-lanterns and long flared skirts. Do not forget about the apron with pockets sewn in front, worn by women who grew up in the Wild West.
- Shoes cowboys, like other elements of theirwardrobe, is comfortable and practical, so choose high leather boots with sharp socks. Young women of fashion are advised to pay attention to shoes, sandals or sandals on a low heel with lacing or straps.
Now you can easily dress up in styleWestern. But remember that you do not need to blindly follow the recommendations - bring in your character and personality, then success is guaranteed! We advise you to read: