Drinking water from the tap The questions of the readers of "Antennas" were answered by Olga Blagova, head of the department of the chief technologist of MGUP "Mosvodokanal".
- Can I drink tap water?Galina Potapova, 32, seamstress, Moscow - Water quality throughout the city meets the requirements of government regulations. So it can not only be used for domestic purposes (washing dishes, showers, etc.), but also to drink without damage to health.
- Are water sources protected by barriers? Anna Kovalchuk, 27 years old, hairdresser, Khimki - In the area of water intakes, of course, there is no access. There is a fence and security. There is an inspectorate, which is professionally engaged in that it examines the potential sources of pollution, monitors the condition of water sources, controls the quality of water. However, the entire river Moscow can not be blocked by fences, and in the upper reaches it is sufficiently open.
- How hard is water in Moscow? Tamara Stepanova, 29, educator, Moscow - Water is medium hardness. The maximum rigidity, which was observed in Moscow, is 5 degrees. At this rate, and you need to navigate when choosing the mode of operation of your machine.
- Should I clean my tap water with householdfilters? Margarita Ivanova, 40 years old, technologist, Moscow - Despite the fact that the condition of the pipes is far from ideal, the quality of the water leaving the stations and the water entering the apartments is practically identical. This is confirmed by the daily monitoring of water by consumers. Attempts to cleanse the water can sometimes not improve it, but worsen it, for example, demineralize it, and such water cannot be called useful.
- Is it possible to check the quality of water thatis obtained after treatment with a household filter? Semen Trofimov, 40, foreman, Krasnogorsk - You must find an accredited laboratory yourself, which will conduct such an analysis.
- I'm worried about the smell of chlorine. Is it safe to drink this water? Sofya Konstantinovna, aged 37, accountant, Moscow. - From our waterworks, residual chlorine is in the range of 0.8-1.2 mg per liter. And in the WHO guidelines, the level of 3 mg per liter is considered safe. If you do not like the smell of chlorine, let the water stand 1-2 hours.
- The water, standing on the windowsill, turns green. Flowers do not care, but for people? Tamara Vasilievna, 39 years old, seller, Lobnya - In the sun, phytoplankton cells - small algae that multiply in the water - are not harmful to health.
- The telephone of the uniform reception in Moscow: 8-499-763-34-34
- Mosvodokanal site