The rich mutton soup - tasty and usefulA dish that is best suited to diversify the family's lunch diet. There are a lot of recipes for mutton soup, and everyone deserves to try it at least once. However, before proceeding to the kitchen ritual, it should be taken into account that mutton is cooked for at least 1-2 hours, therefore it is recommended to stock up not only the necessary products, but also free time. To prepare a first-class dish, it is very important to choose the right meat, otherwise the dish will not be saved by the most sophisticated recipe. Do not be mistaken with a few simple rules:
- the meat of a young sheep is dense, but not rigid, light pink or gently red, with thin bones, while the lamb should not be older than 3 years;
- the notorious specific smell is just the meat of elder rams, yellow and hard, or goat, which the irresponsible sellers sometimes try to sell under the guise of lamb meat;
- one way or another, if the smell seems unpleasant, it is better to refuse to buy;
- The castrated ram smells much less than its "brother" who has not undergone such a procedure;
- The meat of young women (young females) is more tender than meat of males and much less odorous;
- for cooking lamb soups, the brisket, scapula or neck is best.
If the meat is quality and fresh, but the smell still causes complaints, then you need to maximize it from fat or marinate for 1-2 hours in a weak solution of vinegar or citric acid.
Appetizing soup with green beans
How to cook this wonderful soup fromlamb? There should not be any difficulties. Having bought 400-500 g of good soft lamb meat, according to the recipe, you should purchase additional ingredients:
- 300 g of fresh or frozen string beans;
- 7 pieces of medium-sized potatoes;
- 2 garlic cloves and 3 medium bulbs;
- salt, pepper, paprika to taste;
- 1.5 liters of water.
The soup prepared according to this recipe is very thick, so if you want, you can add more water or broth. You can take and other vegetables, for example, carrots.
Scottish Shepherd Chowder
Scottish Highlanders also do not mind pamperinghimself a plate-another rich soup of mutton, which helps them to warm themselves into the harsh, dank Scottish winters. They prepare it for such an old recipe:
- 2-2.5 liters of water;
- 500-600 g of low-fat lamb;
- 200 g of pearl barley;
- 2 bulbs of medium size;
- 1 carrot;
- 3 pieces of potatoes;
- 3 pieces of celery roots.
It is necessary to soak for 12 hours incold water well rinsed pearl barley. For 1 glass of pearl bar need 1 liter of water. The croup prepared on a similar recipe will be cooked much faster, which will shorten the time spent on preparing the dish as a whole, and the soup will turn out transparent without a hint of mealy taste. So, to make lamb soup in Scottish manners, you need:
Nutritious and dietary variant of soup
Lamb is high in protein,iron, iodine, magnesium and phosphorus, as well as fluorine, which contributes to the preservation and strengthening of tooth enamel. With a relatively low calorie content (203 kcal per 100 g of meat), lamb contains 2-3 times less fat than pork and beef, and is much more easily absorbed by the body. Lean boiled meat of young lambs is a valuable dietary product. The recipe for dietary lamb soup includes:
- 700 grams of lean lamb;
- 100 g of egg noodles, made by hand or bought;
- 2 onion bulbs;
- 1 head of garlic;
- 4 pieces of tomatoes;
- 2 liters of water.
First you should cook a broth of lamb and onions,30 minutes before it is ready to salt and pepper. Ready meat to take out of the pan, cut into strips, put back. Tomatoes must be crushed to a puree consistency in a blender or simply cut very finely, pre-scalded with boiling water and peeled off. Garlic must be cleaned, crushed in garlic and rubbed with salt. Then it should be put in tomato puree broth, garlic, noodles and cook for 5-10 minutes (until noodles are ready, usually indicated on the package). The soup should boil. Then it is removed from the fire and served, richly flavored with fragrant herbs. To make the dish more tasty, the recipe can be supplemented: break 2-3 eggs, mix with lemon juice and pour into a soup of lamb in a thin trickle. You need to do this after the noodles are completely cooked. To enjoy delicate and unusual flavors, you can add a little cinnamon, ginger or turmeric to the dish.