Chlamydia is one of the venereal diseases that is transmitted from person to person through sexual contact. It occurs equally often in women and men. For health is a serious threat.
What is chlamydia?
The causative agent of the disease are chlamydia. These are special pathogenic microorganisms that combine the signs of viruses and bacteria, but are not. This fact largely complicates the diagnosis, as well as the subsequent treatment of chlamydia. Diagnosis is further complicated by the fact that the incubation period lasts from 2 days to a month after infection. How to treat chlamydia - this will be discussed. Female chlamydia in its initial stage often takes a latent form. In this case, the patient does not consult a doctor, considering herself healthy. Symptoms can appear in a few months, when the disease has already become a neglected form. Chlamydia affects the cervix, then the inflammatory process passes into the uterus. In the absence of treatment, the infection reaches the fallopian tubes and ovaries. Such a complicated course of chlamydia threatens infertility. Rectal tissue damage may occur. If a woman is pregnant, the child is often born with impaired development of various organs: vision, respiratory tract, lungs. Infection with chlamydia can occur during childbirth, less often - through domestic infection through clothing and underwear. In the initial stage of the disease affects only the urethra in its lower part. In the chronic stage, all parts of the genitourinary system are affected. In men, the lesion passes to the prostate gland and bladder. Children's chlamydia can appear in the first days after birth. Usually the eyes, the nasopharynx and the lungs of the child are affected. After giving birth, the in utero infected child suffers from cardiovascular, gastrointestinal diseases, impaired functions of the respiratory tract, nervous system, and eye diseases.
Symptoms of Chlamydia
Symptoms of infection with chlamydia are:
- burning sensation of the urethra and genitals;
- discomfort and soreness with urination, frequent desires for it;
- increased humidity in the genital area;
- mucopurulent discharge from the vagina;
- feeling of heaviness and pain in the lumbar region;
- erosion of the cervix;
- general malaise with fever;
- menstrual cycle disorders;
- pulling pains in the lower abdomen;
- chlamydia conjunctivitis;
- violation of erection in men.
Treatment of Chlamydia
To treat chlamydia it is necessary to begin immediately afterdiagnosis. Otherwise, the causative agent of the disease leads to damage to the urogenital system, urethra, cervix and ovaries. The lack of treatment leads to deplorable consequences in the form of infertility and ovarian dysfunction. Chlamydia give in to treatment is very difficult. They adapt to medicines and have the property of hiding from them. Do not self-medicate. This can lead to very serious complications. The course of treatment is developed by the attending physician individually for each patient. In addition to antibiotics (penicillin, sulfonamide, azithromycin, tetracycline, doxycycline) the course includes:
- appropriate diet;
- immunostimulant cycloferon intravenously or intramuscularly;
- abstaining from alcohol and sexual contact.
Some specialists prescribe blood irradiationlaser. This procedure increases the effectiveness of antibiotics, favorably affects the patient's immune system. Treatment must take both partners. You can treat chlamydia with the following drugs:
- Doxycycline is administered internally. The full course of treatment is 1-2 weeks.
- Azithromycin is taken once.
- Rondomycin is prescribed in acute forms.
- Lomefloxacin is prescribed at the very beginning of the disease. It is taken daily for 7 days.
- Sifloks can be prescribed for different forms of chlamydia.
- Clarithromycin is taken 2 times a day for a week.
- Jozamycin is administered orally. The course lasts 7 days.
- Hexicon - vaginal suppositories. Course - 10 days.
In the treatment of chlamydia in recent years, various methods of physiotherapy have been used:
- ultrasonic influence;
- a magnetic field;
- quantum therapy;
- infrared radiation;
- currents with variable frequency;
- ionophoresis of various medicinal substances.
Consequences of untimely treatment Launched treatment leads to complications:
- erosion of the cervix;
- cervicitis is an inflammation of the cervix;
- hemorrhagic cystitis - inflammation of the walls of the bladder;
- urethritis - inflammation in the urethra;
- endometritis - inflammation of the endometrium of the uterus;
- inflammation of the Bartholin glands;
- inflammation of the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes;
- chlamydial proctitis;
- chlamydial colpitis.
- adhesions of the fallopian tubes, their obstruction;
- inflammation of the liver.
Pregnant women may experience:
- ectopic pregnancy;
- risk of miscarriage;
- premature delivery;
- hypoxia of the fetus.
To avoid these troubles, you need:
- a regular partner with good health;
- complete rejection of accidental sexual acts;
- regular medical examinations;
- compliance with the rules of general and personal hygiene.
A few words about male chlamydia
Male chlamydia affects the urethratract. As a result, urethritis occurs. If it is not treated on time, then inflammation of the appendages of the testicles, testes, prostate gland. All this leads to acute prostatitis and other diseases, up to the inflammation of the kidneys. One of the complications is Reiter's disease. This systemic disease in itself includes arthritis, urethritis and conjunctivitis simultaneously. Changing the structure of the urethra, in the urethra, scars form. The complication is treated exclusively surgically. Male chlamydia does not tolerate self-treatment. Folk remedies only alleviate the symptoms, but do not eliminate the disease. For treatment, antibiotics are administered individually to each patient. They can be: macropen, rovamycin, vilprafen, oleandomycin, clarithromycin, erythromycin. Antifungal, antimicrobial and immunomodulating drugs may be prescribed: nystatin, viferon, flucostat, miramistin. Treatment consists of several courses. Their total duration is 3 or more weeks. Constantly watch your health! Do not let the disease chlamydia. Think of a healthy offspring, get pleasure from the relationship with a partner.