Almost all future mothers plan to feed theirkid with their milk and plan to do it as long as possible. But, unfortunately, very often it happens that these good intentions remain only intentions. There is it approximately as follows. A pregnant woman gives birth to her baby, in the delivery room, the baby is put on her breast for a couple of minutes, then taken to the treatment. Then there are two possible scenarios. Option one. The baby is separate from the mother, the medical personnel supplement the children with glucose or a mixture, mothers bring clean, sleeping and rather snuffling cribs to the feeding. On the third day the mother starts producing milk, the baby does not eat milk and, as a result, painful phenomena appear, up to mastitis. On the 5th day, mother is discharged home, where she is left alone with her baby, who is so native, but absolutely unfamiliar. Mom starts to feed the baby, the kid constantly asks for the breast, sucks it for a long time, as a result, mums begin to crack their nipples, the chest continues to be rough, feeding turns into real torture. The second variant of the development of events. Immediately after birth, the baby remains with the mother, putting the baby to the breast is not normalized. On the third day there is milk, the baby is at the breast all the time, nipples cracked, the chest hurts. On the fifth day my mother is discharged home. Then in both cases the same thing happens. Some time mother suffers from pain in the chest, the child suffers from hunger, all are exhausted. My mother can not stand it, she buys a milk formula and everyone is happy. However, breastfeeding is over, mom and baby still do not recognize the whole charm of this process, and the baby is also deprived of the benefits that breastfeeding has. But in most of these cases, breastfeeding could be adjusted and continued for as long as Mom would have wanted. The root of the problem lies in the fact that the young mother does not know what is the proper application of the baby to the breast. And they can not be blamed for that. Unfortunately, in many maternity homes the issue of breastfeeding is paid very little attention: a purely formal attachment of the child in the delivery room, and then - the mother goes to "free swimming", she is not explained how to properly put the baby to the chest, how often to feed and how much time should last feeding. In order not to face such a situation while still pregnant, a woman should have an idea of how the early postpartum period and the lactation process should develop. It is necessary to try to ask the staff in advance to make some deviations from the generally accepted rules. In most cases, if you can reasonably explain and defend your point of view, doctors will meet you halfway. However, do not postpone it for later, because at the time of delivery you will not be up to it. But to ask something, you must know what it is. The information in this article is intended to help you with this. In addition, you need to clearly understand how to properly apply the baby - a video lesson will help you in this.
What to expect in the hospital?
In addition, do not forget yourrights. In many maternity hospitals, doctors try to make it as comfortable as they are, and not as it will be better for the mother and baby. Here are some things that every pregnant woman should know.
- Immediately after birth, you need to immediatelyattach the child to the mother's breast for at least 15 minutes. The colostrum contains extremely important immunoglobulins that can help prevent a baby's disease if, by passing through the birth canal, the baby is infected with a pathogenic flora.
- In addition, applying to the maternal breastthe baby promotes the early removal of the placenta, since the uterus begins to contract much more intensively. This also significantly reduces the risk of bleeding in the early postpartum period.
- However, there are several cases where a womancan prohibit the application of the baby to the breast: a mother's disease AIDS, syphilis, viral hepatitis, a cesarean section was performed under general anesthesia, a serious condition of the child.
- In the event that you are shown a deliveryby caesarean section, but you are planning a successful breastfeeding, ask the doctors for surgery using epidural anesthesia.
- In many maternity homes children are trying to feed. In advance, talk with the children's doctors so that they do not. Some women worry about the fact that in the first days they do not have milk and the child feels hungry. In fact, this is a profound error. The kid in the first few days practically does not feel the need to get food, he is quite short of those few grams of colostrum that are produced by the mother in the chest. And supplementary feeding with mixtures or dopaivanie glucose does not bring any benefit, even on the contrary - it gives an additional burden to the kidneys of the baby.
- If the baby is not with you,that doctors can not forbid you to feed a child unless the state of health of the baby allows it, you are taking medications that are contraindicated in lactation. But a banal cold or flu can not serve as an excuse for refusing breastfeeding. Although, of course, before feeding, you should not forget about the need to use a gauze bandage.
Do not be shy, ask a doctor orThe nurse will show you how to put the baby to the chest. Almost all the problems and failures in breastfeeding are due to the fact that mothers do not know what the proper application of the baby to the breast should be. Almost all the problems that arise with breastfeeding, whether it is a lack of milk, breastfeeding or a crack on the nipples, just close on that the mother does not know how to properly put the baby to the breast. If the child does not correctly take the breast, he will not be able to effectively suck, as a result, he will not receive the right amount of milk, and in addition, injure the mother's nipples.
How to apply the baby to the breast?
When applying the baby, you should pay attention tosome features. The most important thing that you should pay attention to is that your mother is comfortable and comfortable. In a state of tension, there is a high probability that feeding will not succeed. If the mother feeds in a lying position, she should not interfere: uncomfortable clothes, a blanket. Pillow. If the feeding occurs, when the mother sits, it is necessary to follow that the woman leans on the entire foot, it is advisable to use a footrest. It is desirable that someone more experienced the first time showed my mother how to properly apply the baby. This person can be a pediatric nurse, a breastfeeding consultant, or simply an experienced woman who has breastfed her own child for a long time and successfully - the main thing is for a person to know that the baby should be properly applied to the breast. For those same mothers who do not have such a possibility, below is described how to properly give the baby a breast. If you follow this advice, reduce the likelihood of a situation where the baby is not correctly taking your breasts.
- Taking the baby in his arms for feeding, press itslightly denser, turning his tummy to his belly. It does not really matter if you keep the baby on the side or diagonally, most importantly, make sure that the baby's face is turned toward the chest, and he does not have to make an effort to turn the head.
- When applying to the breast, the spout in the correct version should be at the level of the mother's nipple, and the baby should tilt the head back slightly.
- If the head of the crumb at feeding lies on my mother'sForearm, the second hand mom can hug the baby, slightly supporting it under the ass. Many mothers make attempts to hold the baby's head with the second hand. However, this only leads to the fact that the child incorrectly takes his mother's breast, since the baby is extremely necessary to move the head freely.
- Many mothers are very worried when they see thatthe baby is pressed tightly to the nipple. Moms decide that the child does not take the breast correctly, take the nipple from the baby, then give it again, but the situation repeats. In fact, this is how the child should take the breast. And do not be afraid that the child does not have enough air and the baby can suffocate. In children aged 0 to 6 months, the spout is arranged in such a way that the air circulates through the edges of the nostrils. And even if the crumb very strongly presses to the chest, he will not have difficulty breathing.
- If your little one does not rush to eat, you can draw his attention by stroking the baby's cheek or lips. This action instantly activates the reflex search of the breast.
- In the event that the crumb is still notopens her mouth, draw a nipple over it. The crumb will open his mouth wide and stick out the tongue. When giving the breast, make sure that the baby is really wide open mouth. In most cases, when a child incorrectly takes a mother's breast, he does not open his mouth wide enough and incorrectly grasps the nipple.
- Please note that the child must himselfreach for my mother's breast, and not give my mother a breast. Of course, this does not mean that the baby has to drag on long and painfully, and mom just to watch, but you can not give the breast like a bottle.
- During the meal, the child's chin shouldcontact the maternal breast. Sometimes, in response to the question of how to properly apply the baby, the woman hears that the nipple circle should remain in the visibility zone by 30%. However, this is a very controversial issue, and breastfeeding advisers do not advise to focus on this indicator.
- Never allow the baby to continue to suckBreast, if the child has captured only the tip of the nipple. Milk, he can not suck all exactly, but to injure his mother's nipples - very likely. Gently pick up the baby's chest, and give it again.
- Sometimes mothers face the situation when the babyrestlessly behaves at the chest, sucks a lot, quickly. After that, he can stop sucking, regurgitate, take up his chest again. To exclude such a situation when feeding, hold the baby so that the baby's head level is higher than the priests level.
- In the event that the milk you usually poursit is very easy, try to express very little milk before feeding. As a rule, this measure is enough for the child to stop choking and choking.
- For the safety of your nipples, never, after the end of feeding, do not pull the nipple from the mouth of the baby. Just gently press the crumb on your chin with your finger.
- Be sure to change your chest every time you feed. If you feed the crumb constantly from the same breast, you can get a complication in the form of lacostasis and mastitis.
In fact, breastfeeding is not as complicatedprocess, as it may seem at first glance. Although, of course, we will have to make efforts to understand how to properly apply the baby - both video materials and special literature are designed to help a woman organize successful breastfeeding. And the most important thing that Mom must remember is that this difficult time will not last very long. In just a month and a half you'll be able to feed the crumb easily, without even thinking about how to properly give the baby a breast. All your efforts and efforts will be rewarded in full. The child's well-being, its harmonious development and a happy smile will fully pay off all the experiences and difficulties. We wish you patience, and your baby the most delicious mother's milk! We advise you to read: