Do not you like green? Well, well, do not curl your soul. Perhaps you persistently ignore the green color in your own wardrobe, but it is simply impossible to remain indifferent to the transparent lace of the first spring foliage or to the velvety green of the coniferous forest. And why? But because on the green color our eye, as they say, rest. Because green is the color of life. And that is why the green color in the interior has long been and remains one of the most popular. The interior of the living room in green was fashionable in the houses of the European aristocracy and the Russian nobility, and even in the palaces there were necessarily green rooms. However, today an exceptionally green interior will rather irritate than please. Therefore, those wishing to use this color in the design of the house have to combine it with other colors and shades. And the ability to combine colors in any interior is a whole science where the laws of psychology, the rules of interior design, and the techniques of painting are involved. And how to achieve a harmonious combination of green colors in the interior of the living room, bedroom, hallway or kitchen? Let's try to figure it out.
Green color for different rooms
Green is universal and suitable for decorationany room in the house. It has a beneficial effect on the human psyche and will be equally relevant in the living room, in the kitchen, and even in the bathroom. That's just not all shades of green are equally suitable for different rooms in the house. After all, the green color can have light and dark hues, bright and muffled, warm or cold. If we draw an analogy of green with its natural essence, we will divide the entire palette of green hues by the seasons.
- Living room, bedroom, anteroom, study
To decorate the living room and bedroomwill suit dark and rich shades of green and its autumn palette: dark green, olive, mustard, marsh, khaki. All these colors can be used both for decoration of walls and general tone of the whole room, and for individual accessories. In general, it is the autumn palette of green flowers that sets the living room and the office a respectable tone, and the hallway and bedroom make it cozy.
- Kitchen, nursery, bathroom
Here is appropriate summer palette green. It is bright, juicy and natural colors: pistachio, herbal, salad, the color of a green apple and young foliage. If such shades are used as the base color of the interior, then they must be diluted with bright contrast accents. If we talk about the winter palette (cold shades of green) and spring (fruit tones), then they are appropriate for the design of any room in the house. The winter palette is deep green shades that range from blue to blue (emerald, turquoise). The spring palette is pastel colors: the color of avocado, kiwi, lime, mint. In general, any green color is extremely beneficial to the psyche and the atmosphere in the house. And it does not matter for the living room or for the bathroom you choose this color. The main thing is to correctly combine the green color in the interior.
The main combination of green
Let's try to determine the combinations of differentshades of green. Naturally, the most popular of them are salad (light green) and natural green (medium saturation). A harmonious combination will be the reproduction of natural natural combinations of this color.
- Green and blue are the color of the sky and grass. Such a combination should be smooth, so these colors coexist not only in nature but also in the spectrum.
- Green and blue are green and water. A more contrasting combination that is appropriate when decorating bright interiors.
- Green and brown - a tree trunk and a crown. That's how you need to combine these colors in the interior. Moreover, light shades of brown will brighten the green color, and the dark ones will make it thicker and heavier.
- Green and black - wet land and grass. Very contrasting, but also very positive combination. True, black color should be just an accent emphasizing the life-force of green.
- Green and red - flowers and greens. Very successful combination. And, we mean not only the red color, but also its shades: pink, orange. In this case, the red color should be noticeable and bright, but only complementary to the base green.
- Green and white - a sublime combination,built on contrast. This combination is rarely used undiluted. Most often, the white-green interior is depicted in yellow, brown, blue and pink.
Additional combinations are combinations ofadditional shades of green. Here we have to focus not on naturalness, but the laws of painting. It should be remembered that the darker the green color, the closer it is to black, which is combined with any bright or light shade. A classic combination of dark green shades - snowy whiteness, gold, bronze. This combination can be considered the most expensive and appropriate for traditional interior styles of the living room, bedroom or hallway. Other popular combinations of different shades of green look like this:
- Mint green (closer to gray) is combined with all yellow-green tints and wine tints. It does not combine with black color.
- Olive (closer to yellow) is combined with white and soft shades of yellow, pastel purple.
- Gray-green (green-gray) is considered a universal color for the background of any interior. It is combined with gray, white, beige, bright shades of turquoise and grass green, as well as dark red hues.
- Turquoise (blue-green) is perfectly combined with all metallic colors: from silvery-gray to bronze. Harmonizes with black, olive and rich gray.
- Nephrite (rich green) is combined with contrasting pink, beige, cocoa, gray, salad. The combination with white color is acceptable, but limited.
- Milky green (pastel) is combined with white and blue, successfully diluted with turquoise, yellow and blue. Black is allowed only as non-aggressive accents.
- Verdun green (bluish green, bottle). Has an amazing property in the cloudy light to turn green, and in the sun to turn yellow. It is combined with white, gray, yellow and black. As a contrast accent, use a dirty red color.
- Khaki (dark olive) is perfectly combined with ocher shades, gray, brown and white. Pink color is suitable as a contrasting color.
Basic color and accessories
Interior decoration in green can bedifferent. The main thing is to skilfully combine the base color and accessories. So, for example, for a green interior, only one shade of green is used as the base one. Any harmonious combination should only dilute the basic shade. To decorate the interior of the living room, green wallpapers with gold embossing are suitable, and smooth green walls will perfectly blend in with contrasting curtains or furniture of light green tones. Always winning in the interior of the living room are combinations of different shades of green, complemented by accessories of contrasting colors. In the hallway, two-color green panels will look great, in the living room there are green walls and green carpet, brown laminate and brown furniture. At the same time curtains and upholstered furniture can also be green, but of a different shade or sand, beige, white. For the bedroom are good combinations of muted green tones and soft pastel colors, and in the kitchen - juicy or light green shades with bright orange or yellow accessories. In general, decorate the interior in green or light green color is easy enough if you know the right combination of different shades of green and basic green with an additional one. After all, green is one of the most common and most natural colors on the planet. And in nature it is combined absolutely with all colors of the spectrum. That's why this color remains so in demand in interior design. He gives a feeling of security, he calms and pacifies. Do not we all aspire to such sensations in our own home? We advise you to read: