To Kazan this summer was riveted attentionrepresentatives of states from all over the world. And although the sights of Kazan attract tourists earlier, this year there was a real influx of guests. The city - the capital of the Universiade 2013 - has become almost for 3 weeks the concentration of a large number of athletes, fans, journalists and just sports fans. For this event many sports facilities were built in Kazan, among which the main stadium is the Kazan Arena, which became the venue for the opening and closing ceremonies of the Universiade. In addition to sporting events, the guests of the city were given the opportunity to see the main sights of Kazan: the Kul-Sharif Mosque, the Annunciation Cathedral, the Kazan Kremlin, the Circus and many others. etc. This city, being the oldest in our country, annually attracts thousands of tourists from both Russian and foreign cities.
The most important square of Kazan
The Millennium Square is the largestsize in the city and at the same time one of the largest squares in Russia and the world. The city for many begins with this landmark, and the objects located on the square have long been a visiting card of the city. If you come to Kazan by train, you will be met by the Millennium Square. Its dimensions are impressive - almost 100,000 sq. M. The central stadium of Kazan is located on it. The roadway will allow tourists to reach it by bus, trolley and even by metro. Squares, lawns that meet along the way, will make your walk unforgettable. The square was opened in 2002. To do this, it was necessary to shorten the streets of Bauman and Novo-Kremlyovskaya, and also to demolish small buildings and low-rise buildings. Initially, the square was called the Fairground, and later (in 2005) it was renamed in honor of the millennium anniversary, which was then celebrated by the city. The Millennium Square always becomes the main venue for the most important events and events. So, every year the celebration of the Republic Day, City Day and Victory Day takes place in front of the stadium. In the New Year holidays, a huge New Year tree is set up here. In order for everyone to be as comfortable as possible, around the stage are mounted spectator seats, stands and much more. In the rest of the time, when there is no need for holding celebratory events, auto driving courses are arranged on the square.
Kazan Kremlin is the center of state structure of the republic
The square is adjoined by the Kazan Kremlin, whichin 2005 was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. It represents a whole complex of architectural sights of the Republic of Tatarstan. There is no written evidence of exactly when the Kremlin was founded. However, for many years now there is an official version, according to which the city of Kazan itself was founded in the beginning of the X century. Perhaps, by this time the beginning of the erection of the Kremlin also applies. Approximately the same time period is the formation of the Bulgarian principality, which is located in the northern part of the modern territory of the Kremlin. For several years it was several times under the siege of the Mongol-Tatars and from 1240, when the Batu Khan captured the principality, became part of the Golden Horde. After the Horde broke up, in this territory from 1445 to 1552 there was the Kazan Khanate. It was under the rule of the Horde khans, the first of which was Ulu-Muhammad. He executed the Bulgarian prince and began to support the system of collecting tribute from the Moscow principality again. In 1552, Ivan the Terrible was able to capture the Kazan Khanate and the whole fortress was in ruins. To reconstruct the city, Ivan the Terrible brought architects from Moscow, among whom there were those who were engaged in the erection of St. Basil's Cathedral. But even in the 16th century a part of the walls and towers of the Kremlin still consisted of wooden materials. Only in the 17th century all the buildings of the Kremlin were rebuilt and became stone. After the Khanate was annexed to Russia, the Kremlin did not become such an important construction in the defensive plan, but began to implement other, political, and turned into an administrative center of the Kazan province. But this did not last long, in 1773 during the Emelian Pugachev uprising, the Kazan Kremlin once again began to perform the functions of a military fortress. And for some time in one of the casemates of the Kremlin kept Emelyan Pugachev before sending to Moscow for execution. Since 1774, the implementation of the plan for urban development in Kazan began, and new houses and streets began to grow around the Kremlin. Gradually formed a large city. During the Napoleonic wars in the Kremlin, there was a factory for the preparation of cannons and their repair. The 20th century has become quite tragic in the history of the Kazan Kremlin. In the years when antireligious events were held across the country, most of the towers, temples, belfries and churches were destroyed. Icons, iconostases and other religious relics were lost. But already in the sixties of the last century the restoration workshop of the Republic of Tatarstan was organized, which, thanks to archaeological excavations and research of the Kremlin since 1917, achieved significant results. Since 1992, the Kremlin has become the seat of the then-formed republic of Tatarstan.
Kul-Sharif Mosque is the cult center of Moslems of Kazan
The mosque destroyed when the city was stormed by IvanTerrible, could not again be reborn, in order to become the main religious center of the Muslims of the Volga region. Only in 1996 began its construction, which lasted for 9 years. It was named after the last imam of the old mosque - Kul-Sharif. He was among the people defending the fortress, and was killed defending his city. The mosque was also opened for the millennium anniversary of the city of Kazan. The construction took about 400 million rubles, which were collected thanks to donations from citizens and organizations. The mosque can simultaneously accommodate almost one and a half thousand people, and the area on which it is located, is designed for another 10 thousand people. By the way, inside the mosque you can get acquainted with the list of people who contributed to the process of building a mosque. The architectural features of Kul-Sharif allow to reflect all the features of the Muslim religion. Around the mosque there are 4 minarets, whose height is almost 60 m. The central dome reminds some details of the "Kazan cap", which according to some information is the crown of the khans of Kazan, was taken away by Ivan the Terrible to Moscow and is now exhibited in the Armory. Every detail of the mosque has its own history. So, marble and granite were brought here from the Urals, and inside it an unusually beautiful chandelier was created, created on special projects in the Czech Republic. Carpets are gifts from the government of Iran. The building always attracts tourists and decorates the city with its lights in the evening and at night.
Central Stadium of Kazan
Stadium, home to footballteam "Rubin" of the Republic of Tatarstan, was put into operation in the sixties of the last century and was originally called "Central Stadium named after V.I. Ulyanov-Lenin. " At the time of the opening in Kazan was the football club Iskra, which in its first game at home stadium won a crushing victory over the team of the city of Kamensk-Uralsky Metallurg. In those years the stadium could seat 30 thousand spectators, today it accommodates a little less than 28 thousand. The stadium was reconstructed for the Universiade, around it there were additional parking spaces for cars, and in September a qualifying match was held for the 2014 World Cup between the national teams of Russia and Luxembourg. At the stadium, games are constantly held within the framework of the Russian Football Championships, the Champions League and, of course, athletic competitions of various levels. The interior of the stadium consists of several rooms, among them: changing rooms for athletes and administrative rooms, shopping arcades and cash desks, doping control rooms, a parking lot for maintenance equipment.
Kazan State Circus - flying saucer
Kazan is a city that has more than a centuryhistory of circus existence. The first circus was organized here by the Nikitin brothers back in 1890. The modern circus building was built in 1967 and accommodated more than 2 thousand spectators. At the circus, a children's circus school and a circus museum are organized. The school teaches disciplines such as clownery, balancing, acrobatics, choreography, gymnastics, juggling and others. Teachers in this educational institution are honored masters of sports and honored artists of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Tatarstan. Tatar circus collective for several years was considered the best circus troupe in the country. Here, the most eminent artists of the circus genre still enter the arena. Thus, during the Universiade (June-July 2013), the Circus of the Zapashny brothers took part in the program.
Cultural and entertainment center "Pyramid"
On a flying saucer the circus does not endsights of Kazan, which have an original appearance. So, almost opposite the central stadium you can contemplate a completely unusual architectural exhibit - a pyramid. It is unique in our country and the largest entertainment center in the Volga region. Although during and after its construction many townspeople and prominent statesmen expressed protests and negative emotions in response to the project being implemented. In their opinion, this Pyramid is very inorganic in the historical ensemble of the city center, with its ancient Kremlin walls and towers. But those who are positive about the new construction in the historical part of the city are still the majority, and they, on the contrary, find similar motives in the pyramid and Spassky tower on one side and in it and in the Circus on the other. The pyramid performs several important public and state functions. All sorts of meetings and summits are held here, carrying out many important assignments not only of the republican and state, but also of the world level. For example, here was the Summit of Islamic Business, the World Congress of Tatars. In addition to these events, international and Russian festivals and competitions (billiards, bodybuilding, fitness) are organized in Pyramid. In this building are concentrated and other entertainment and entertainment facilities: nightclub, beauty salon, restaurant, cafe and other organizations of a similar orientation. Not far from the complex is a five-star hotel "Mirage", which at any time is ready to accommodate all guests of the city who came to participate in this or that event, organized in the "Pyramid".
Pedestrian street of the historical center of Kazan
Bauman Street is one of the main streets,which the city can be justly proud of. There are a lot of architectural monuments, which are devoted to the history of the city and to individuals who are somehow connected with it. This street is the oldest, located on the territory of Kazan, and in the days of the Kazan Khanate it was called Nogai Street. After the Kremlin walls were destroyed as a result of the storming by Ivan the Terrible, the street was renamed. It was first called the Breakout, and later the Big Breakout. And only in 1930 it was decided to give the street the name of the revolutionary Bauman - a native of Kazan. In 1986, the street became only pedestrian, and before and after this time, active measures were taken to improve it. In the form in which you can observe it now, it was in the early nineties of the twentieth century. You can get to the street by metro (the stations are located at the end and at the beginning of the street - "Tukaya Square" and "Kremlyovskaya" respectively). You can also get to it directly from Tukaya Square, which can be reached by trolley or bus, as well as from neighboring streets. Bauman Street is the most populous at any time of the year and at any time of the day or even night. There are many restaurants, cafes, shopping canopies. In different parts of the street from time to time you can watch performances of young actors, musicians, earning their first fees. At some distance from each other you can meet a large number of fountains and small sculptures, which each time amaze their viewers. Among them there stands a monument to Shalyapin, a monument to the carriage of Catherine II, a monument to the Kazan cat. The carriage is an exact copy of the vehicle that delivered the Empress to Kazan in 1767. And the cat's sculpture reproduces those cats that Catherine took to the Winter Palace in order to hunt mice in the Winter Palace. At the end of the street there are the street clock, made in Arabic style, and the composition "Zero kilometer of Kazan", which indicates the distance to Moscow, to New York, to the North Pole. Walking along this historical place, you can get acquainted with the national stars of Tatarstan: there is an alley of stars similar to the one in Hollywood. The bronze monument to the great Russian singer Fyodor Shalyapin was laid in 1998. It is located near the Epiphany Cathedral, in which the artist was baptized. The composition "describes" the departure of Chaliapin from Russia and his farewell to his native Kazan in 1922. This monument is the first in the world dedicated to the great artist. This is not the only way of honoring and recognizing the talent of our fellow countryman by the inhabitants of Kazan. Every year there is a festival named after F. Chaliapin, which allows all music lovers to get together and enjoy the classical program.