Recently, the problem of allergies in childrenis becoming more common. Schoolchildren, preschoolers, infants and newborns suffer from allergies. In the first year of life, food allergy is most common in children, after the first year of life, the frequency of other types of allergic reactions increases: pollen allergies, house dust, wool and animal skin particles, drug allergies and so on. Compliance with hypoallergenic diet is one of the main principles of treatment for all types of allergies.
Hypoallergenic diet according to Ado
Hypoallergenic diet plays an especially largerole in the elimination of food allergies. To the general nonspecific hypoallergenic diets is the diet of Academician AD Ado for children. It is built on the exclusion from the diet of foods that have a high allergenic ability. The Ado diet does not take into account the individual characteristics of the child who is allergic (there may be rare cases of allergic reactions and those products that are allowed by the diet). Ado diet for children, in the presence of any kind of allergic reaction in a child, is recommended for all age groups. General principles of such a diet should be observed in children from infancy and up to 3 years, inclusive, especially when there is a family predisposition to allergies.
Diet for Ado for children and its basic principles
During an exacerbation of an allergy and duringAfter 1-2 weeks after the improvement, it is necessary to completely exclude from the diet of the child products that have a high allergenic ability. Such products include:
- fish (both river and sea), seafood and fish products (caviar, crab sticks, canned food);
- all citrus fruits (oranges, lemons, tangerines, grapefruit, lime);
- cocoa and products that contain cocoa (sweets, chocolate, confectionery);
- poultry meat and products made from it (including broths);
- all kinds of smoked meat;
- Spices and condiments (including mayonnaise, mustard, spicy and fragrant pepper, vinegar);
- sharp vegetables (horseradish, radish, radish, daikon);
- eggs and products with a high content of eggs (protein creams, dough, homemade cakes);
- tomatoes and aubergines;
- strawberry, strawberry, pineapple, melon;
- whole milk;
- alcoholic beverages (as well as confectionery, which contain alcohol).
After the allergy was exacerbated,Gradual introduction (in small portions, according to the 1st) of these products is allowed if the child tolerates them well. But even in the absence of exacerbation of allergies and good tolerability of highly allergenic foods, the frequency of inclusion in the diet of a child should not exceed 1 time per week. All products with high allergenic ability is absolutely undesirable to eat for children under the age of 3 years. With a hereditary predisposition to allergic reactions and during an exacerbation of allergies, according to the Ado diet for children, it is recommended to limit and some other products. These include brightly colored fruits, vegetables and berries (red - garnet, raspberry, beet, cherry, black - blackberries, black currants, orange - carrots, pumpkins), as well as compotes and juices from them. The following foods are allowed for consumption during and outside the exacerbation:
- boiled low-fat beef;
- cereals and vegetable soups, cooked on a secondary beef broth (mostly vegetarian);
- vegetable oil and cream (vegetable: sunflower and olive);
- fresh lactic acid products (cottage cheese, kefir, natural yoghurts without dyes and flavors, yogurt);
- Milk and dairy-free porridge (buckwheat, oatmeal, rice);
- fresh cucumbers;
- baked apples and compote of apples, plums, currants, cherries, dried fruits;
- Boiled potatoes;
- spicy herbs - dill, parsley;
- white unkempt bread;
Unjustified prolonged usehypoallergenic diet for children, especially after 3 years, can lead to micronutrient and protein-energy deficiency and, subsequently, to disruption of the child's physical development. Therefore, a strictly restrictive diet should be considered as an initial one. Further, depending on the identified spectrum of cause-significant products and survey results, an individual hypoallergenic diet is formed. In the period of partial or complete remission, the diet for children should gradually expand by personal assessment of sensitivity to one or another food product with an indispensable registration of allergic reactions in the food diary.