The loss of memory and cognitive functions can bea natural part of aging. Reducing the amount of estrogen during menopause can also cause problems with memory and concentration. There is also a very serious brain disease, which most often affects people older than sixty years - Alzheimer's disease. Whatever it is caused by - aging, changes in the hormonal background, impaired health, or other factors - many of us are suddenly unaware that memory is no longer as reliable as before. Maybe you would like to learn how to make the brain work at full strength? If you encourage your thinking body to work, as they say, 100 percent by creating all the right conditions for it, you can not only improve its functions now, but even prevent the possible onset of Alzheimer's disease in the future.
Seven ways to activate the brain
So, we begin the story of how youcan strengthen their intellectual capabilities, prevent aging of the psyche and, possibly, even increase life expectancy. You may be surprised that such strategies not only exist, but many of them are also easily achievable. You just need to get rid of some everyday habits and get some new ones instead. Here about what ways of activating the brain we say:
Well, actually "charging" is also very importantfor your brain! It can be something simple. For example, you can give yourself the task of remembering all known people whose surname begins with the letter "C". You can solve crosswords - it's trite, but they really well train our memory! Or you can play board games that make you think about each turn. Studies have shown that even web surfing activates those parts of the brain that are associated with decision making and with complex reasoning. What, by the way, can not be said about passive viewing of the TV. Remember to improve your memory. The brain is like a muscle - if you do not use it, then over time it will reduce its functions. Especially it concerns memory. Forcing your brain to work - memorizing new songs, poems or names and surnames - you will improve the performance of your memory subsystems. It is very useful to make calculations in the mind, not on a calculator, to solve Sudoku, to collect a Rubik's cube or other three-dimensional puzzles - all this will increase brain functions and greatly improve memory.
Commandments of a healthy brain and good memory
It is important to understand that good memory is important forour emotional well-being, since the emerging difficulties with this function of the brain tend to cause stress and serious cognitive impairment. In order to increase the functionality of your brain, take the rule of following these natural ways to improve memory performance:
- Avoid stress and depression. Cleanse yourconsciousness from negative thoughts and learn to relax. Learn to see positive things around yourself, and become accustomed to failures as an opportunity to learn important lessons for yourself on the path to success.
- Make sure that your sleep is healthy and gives youa real rest For this it is important to observe the sleep and wakefulness schedule, distribute the cases in such a way that in the evening your head is free of worries, to keep in the bedroom the optimal temperature regime and not overeat for the night. Remember that sleep is critical to the normal functioning of your brain; This is a way of processing information received during the day.
- Provide a good supply of oxygen to yourbrain Try to give yourself a physical load or at least make regular walks - every day for at least thirty minutes. Do you want to start the brain work at full speed since the morning? Try this simple trick: wake up, sit on the edge of the bed, rest your hands on the edge of the bed and pull your knees several times to your chest. It is very useful to walk fast for fifteen to twenty minutes. You can walk on foot to work or to the place of study. Starting the day in this way, you immediately increase blood circulation and provide your brain with a good portion of oxygen. You immediately feel how the "fog" leaves your head, the mood rises, and thinking becomes especially clear and fast. And do not forget to watch your breathing - not only physically exercising, but also throughout the day. Breathing should be deep, not superficial, to increase the flow of oxygen into the blood.
- Use your hands Try using themto improve the performance of your brain. Remember our offer to brush your teeth with your left hand, not your right? This is one example where you use the non-dominant hand to perform everyday tasks, and the opposite hand, and eventually it stimulates your brain. There are tasks that involve the use of fingers - these are various crafts, sewing, painting, building models - everything that is related to the accuracy of the movements of the fingers. Doing such tasks will also increase the functionality of your brain.
- Read more This is a very good training for your brain! Well, and other opportunities to "pump up" your brain, which we already talked about, do not neglect it either.
- Stop smoking if you have this habit.follows from the Harvard Medical School report, non-smokers in tests for memory and thinking skills show much better results than smokers. Smoking slows the flow of blood and deprives it of a significant amount of oxygen, which leads to a decrease in the flow of blood to the brain and to its oxygen starvation.
- "Feed" your brain In addition to those already mentionedabove, try to fill your diet with products such as pumpkin, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, spinach, carrots, cabbage, beans, nuts, seeds, apricots, oranges and a variety of berries. Very useful is green tea - it is known for its ability to improve brain function and block the development of Alzheimer's disease. Cook with olive oil - it has a very good effect on the brain. Do not use refined vegetable oils; they do not have such useful qualities as unrefined ones. And eat foods high in fatty acids. But products with a high content of saturated fats - chips, popcorn, fried foods and the like - try to avoid. They are very harmful both to your brain and to the whole organism in general.
- Drink a lot of pure liquid The brain contains a very large percentage of water, so drinking water can increase your energy and, obviously, helps to maintain attention and memory.
- Pay attention to such an additive as ginkgo biloba. Taking such an additive is one of the best ways to improve brain functions and significantly strengthen memory.
The main idea that we wanted to bring to you -it is a postulate that if you use your brain, it will remain strong and functional. If you do not use it - it gradually atrophies. You can improve the functions of your brain, daily working on yourself, developing useful habits and getting rid of bad habits. Increase the complexity of the tasks for your brain, and it will always remain operational! We advise you to read: