To date, pigmented spots on the body -the problem is not only ladies of Balzac's age. Even young girls are increasingly faced with this problem. Of course, the causes of hyperpigmentation in women of different ages are definitely different. However, regardless of the reasons, both of them have one question: "How to get rid of pigment spots?" Before deciding this question, it is worthwhile to understand what kind of pigment spots there are and what are the causes of their appearance.
What are age spots?
Pigmented spots are areas of the skin in whichdisturbed pigmentation. In these areas, it is either reinforced, or the pigment is completely absent. Depending on this, several types of pigment spots are distinguished:
Factors of appearance of pigment spots and methods of getting rid of them
Pigmented spots can appear absolutely in theany age. They are not insured by either a young girl or a woman after forty. For today the true reason of occurrence of pigmentary spots on a skin is unknown. However, experts identify a number of factors that can contribute to the appearance of pigmented spots on the body.
- The sun. Ultraviolet radiation is the main factor in the appearance of pigment spots on the skin. It is the aggressive sun's rays that destroy skin cells with melanin, resulting in unaesthetic dark spots on the body.
- Diseases of internal organs. Disturbances in the liver, kidneys, and also the gastrointestinal tract can contribute to the appearance of dark or white spots on the skin.
- Hormonal imbalance. Adolescence with its hormonal surge, disruption of the thyroid gland, diseases of the female reproductive system, or taking hormonal contraceptives can provoke excessive production of melanin in certain areas of the skin and, as a consequence, the appearance of dark spots.
- Pregnancy. Some women already in the early stages of pregnancy can notice pigmentation spots on their bodies. This is also associated with hormonal changes in the body. As a rule, after birth, the pigmentation disappears.
- Lack of vitamin C and folic acid inorganism. An unbalanced diet can lead to a weakening of the protective functions of the body, including before the sun's rays, and as a result - the appearance of brown spots on the body.
- Skin trauma. Self-extrusion of acne and acne, cauterization of wounds on the skin, as well as the removal of moles can leave behind not only scars, but also pigment spots. Burns of varying degrees during healing can also provoke the appearance of hyperpigmentation on the skin.
- Tight and uncomfortable clothes. Pigmented spots on the skin may appear due to friction or pressure on the skin of tight straps, garters or straps.
- Unsuitable cosmetics or cosmetic productsprocedures. Some cosmetics that are not suitable for your skin, or salon procedures done at the wrong time, can provoke the appearance of pigment spots. This applies to chemical peelings made during the period of maximum solar activity, as well as to cosmetic products, which contain essential oils. In addition, alcohol-containing perfumes in contact with the skin, especially under the bright rays of the sun, can also "give" dark spots.
Get rid of hyperpigmentation on the bodyneed to be integrated. We must thoroughly approach the solution of this problem. The most important thing is not to self-medicate! The first thing you should do is make an appointment with a therapist. If he does not detect diseases that are "guilty" of hyperpigmentation of the skin, you can safely go to a dermatologist who will tell you how to get rid of pigment spots, and he will select the optimal cosmetic remedy and the necessary procedure for you.
Cosmetics from age spots
Whitening cream based on mercuryDo not prescribe yourself therapeutic whitening creams. Only a doctor can do this. Otherwise, you risk getting pigment spots even more persistent and darker than the original ones. As a rule, medical cosmetics from pigmented spots have mercury in their composition - a very toxic metal. Before using this cream, it is necessary to conduct an allergy test. It is held on the elbows. If during the day after the application of the cream from the skin, there were no reactions, they can be used. Mercury-containing bleaching creams have a lot of contraindications - pregnancy, lactation, as well as the presence of kidney and liver diseases. Due to the high toxicity of mercury, bleaching cream can not be used continuously. And in the first 2 weeks of applying the cream and it is completely forbidden to wash with plain water because of the risk of severe irritation on the skin. During this period, doctors advise washing with cleansing lotions. Cosmetics with natural whitening ingredients Is a safe alternative to mercury containing creams. Such bleaching creams usually contain hydrogen peroxide, citric or lactic acid, salicylic alcohol, which have bleaching properties. As a rule, medical cosmetics with such components have a very short shelf life of about 1 week. Then the cream simply becomes ineffective.
Salon procedures are an effective waygetting rid of skin hyperpigmentation. But do not choose your own procedure - so you risk even more damage to your skin. This should be done by a dermatocosmetologist. He will select for you the procedure that will be most effective. Usually, the doctor prescribes one of these procedures: Chemical peeling Pigment spots on the body can be eliminated by applying weak acid solutions to the skin. For their removal, surface and median peeling is used. Surface peeling is carried out with the use of glycolic and fruit acids. To completely get rid of pigment spots on the body, it is enough to hold 4 to 10 sessions of glycol or fruit peeling, which should be repeated every 15 days. If the pigmentation spots on the body are extensive and dark, then TCA peeling is used. The cosmetologist applies a solution of trichloroacetic acid to the problem areas of the skin. As a result of peeling, exfoliation of the upper layer of the skin and removal of pigment spots occur. In just 2-3 procedures from the spots you can get rid of forever. After peeling, you should protect the skin from the sun, as it can provoke the repeated appearance of pigmented spots. Ultrasonic peeling of 10 procedures of such a peeling once a year will light up the areas with pigmentation or completely remove stains from the skin. In the process of peeling, the cosmetologist introduces cosmetic products with bleaching ingredients after a preliminary cleansing of the skin with the help of an ultrasonic device. These substances penetrate deeply into the skin and effectively cope with the pigmented areas. Laser grinding Grinding is carried out using an erbium or carbon dioxide laser. During the procedure, the cosmetologist removes the upper layer of the skin with pigment spots from the laser. Removal of the skin layer occurs instantaneously to reduce pain; nevertheless, the procedure is rather painful and therefore is carried out under local anesthesia. Phototherapy It is known that the sun is "guilty" in the formation of pigmented spots. However, cosmetologists managed to tame light radiation and even direct it to eliminate pigmentation. The thing is that pigment spots are affected by certain ultraviolet waves, to which only melanin is susceptible. Under the light effect pigmented areas become lighter, and even completely disappear. The procedure is completely painless - the patient can feel only the warmth and a slight tingling sensation on the skin. Cosmetologists warn that after such a procedure, a slight reddening of the skin is possible, which is the norm and disappears on the second day. To completely eliminate hyperpigmentation, it is enough to perform 3 procedures - once a month. And that the spots do not appear again, it is enough to protect the skin from ultraviolet and use sunscreen (not lower than SPF 20). Dermabrasion This is a mechanical peeling with special clarifying crystals. These crystals remove the top layer of the skin, after which it is applied a healing gel or ointment. Dermabrasion is usually prescribed to remove small pigment spots. This procedure is very painful - it is done only by a doctor and under general anesthesia. Cryotherapy This exposure to liquid nitrogen on the area with pigmentation. Moreover, the therapy is done pointwise, that is, it affects only places with hyperpigmentation. After the procedure, intensified exfoliation of the skin begins. Together with the top layer of the skin, stains are also removed. Such therapy is suitable for combating lentigo (senile spots). Mesotherapy Is administered by microinjection with a whitening composition. Such therapy is recommended by beauticians once a week for 2-3 months. Mesotherapy is prescribed, as a rule, to remove pigment spots in areas with sensitive and thin skin.
Home Remedies for Pigmented Spots
Home remedies for pigmentation spots are less effective than salon procedures, but nevertheless, they can significantly reduce pigmented spots on the body.
- lemon juice. It has whitening properties and perfectly brightens the areas on the body with pigmented spots. With lemon juice, a sufficiently effective solution for rubbing is obtained. Take 10 tablespoons of clean water and 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. To wipe this solution with spots with age spots. It is also effective against stains and grapefruit juice.
- hydrogen peroxide. Excellent cope with stains on the body. 3% peroxide solution should regularly lubricate the areas affected by pigmentation.
- extract of celandine. The extract is added to the bath, in which it is necessary to lie about 20 minutes.
- kefir, curdled milk or sour milk also have bleaching properties. Dampened in kefir or milk wadded disk should be wiped places with age spots.
- cucumber. It can be grated and applied to areas with pigmentation, or take only cucumber juice and smear stains. Cucumber juice and flesh brighten the skin and, in addition, freshen it up.
- parsley. Infusion of green is very useful to wipe stained areas of the body. To prepare the infusion, it is necessary to chop parsley finely and pour it with steep boiling water. Then cool and drain. The infusion is ready for use.
Prevention of hyperpigmentation
That all means for combating pigment spots on the body had a prolonged effect, prevention is necessary. Without fail it is necessary to take care of the skin of the body and protect it.
Now you know how to get rid of age spots. Be patient and be prepared to take care of your body regularly, and the results will not be long in coming. We advise you to read: