Pancakes are considered a national Russian dish. They began to cook in pagan times, and, perhaps, this is one of the very first flour products. Various variations of pancakes are also present in the kitchens of other peoples: French and Chinese pancakes, English pancakes, Mongolian gambier and others. Traditional Russian pancakes are prepared from yeast dough, they turn out to be porous, lush and soft and, impregnated with butter or sour cream, become juicy and tasty. In addition, a dough prepared with milk, water, kefir, and custard is used. In addition to wheat, you can add oatmeal and buckwheat flour. There is a huge number of fillings for pancakes: meat, fish, mushroom, cottage cheese, jam, apple. Pancakes with baking are popular and very tasty. For this, boiled eggs, green onions, minced meat, finely chopped fish, vegetables and fruits can be used. How to cook pancakes so that they turn out ruddy and thin? Although at first glance everything seems simple, but in fact requires some experience and skills. It is necessary to understand how much test to pour on the pan, when to turn the pancake, so that it did not turn out to be burnt, but at the same time had a ruddy crust. Knowing the little tricks will help to bake delicious pancakes.
Secrets of delicious pancakes
- Most often for the preparation of dough usedwheat flour, but to get more delicious and tender pancakes, you can add to the flour of the premium grade one part of the second grade flour - coarser grinding. An unexpected taste is obtained by baking, if flour mixtures are used. For this purpose, rye, corn, buckwheat, oatmeal is suitable. Directly before the addition, the flour must be sieved. After that, it is saturated with oxygen, becomes loose and makes the dough lush and soft.
- Eggs for pancakes must be necessarily fresh androom temperature. To do this, they must be removed from the refrigerator in advance. Before adding to the dough, it is desirable to whip them with a whisk or a mixer. Some recipes recommend the separate use of proteins and yolks. In this case, yolks are ground with sugar and the first are added to the dough, mixed, and then whipped proteins are added. This is a more laborious way of cooking, but it is from this test that the most delicious pancakes are obtained.
- Experienced cooks advise salt and sugar beforeadding to the dough pre-dissolve in a small amount of liquid and strain through a strainer. Thus, the structure of the test is not spoiled by undissolved particles. It is possible to dissolve only salt, and sugar to grind with yolks.
- It is believed that the correct test should be mixedliquid ingredients by prescription, and then pour them in a thin trickle with continuous stirring into the sifted flour. If you do the opposite, that is, add flour to the liquid part, then it should be poured a little, constantly stirring, otherwise lumps may be formed, which then is difficult to get rid of. It is best to prepare the dough from a part of the liquid, making it more dense consistency, and then dilute to the desired density. It is recommended to lightly mix the batter with a mixer or whisk.
- Most recipes provide for the addition ofalready ready dough of a small amount of vegetable or butter. If you do this before, before the end of the kneading test, it will turn out to be dense and the baking will be tasteless.
- If the recipe provides for the addition of soda, thenit should first be extinguished with acid (acetic or citric) until completely dissolved. If the pancakes are cooked with yogurt or kefir, the extinguished soda is added at the end of the kneading, just before the flour is added.
- The amount of sugar in the test depends on how sweet the pancakes should be. However, we must take into account that if you put it too much, pancakes will burn and badly remove from the frying pan.
- Yeast pancakes can be cooked both on milk, soand on the water. At the same time on milk they are more delicious, and on the water - more sumptuous. Yeast dough should fit well, otherwise the pancakes will be too dense and tasteless. A batch of fermented dough will have a sour taste.
- Fresh dough for pancakes is also prepared on the wateror on milk, but it is best to use a mixture of milk and water. Good pancakes and pancakes are also obtained on fermented milk products - yogurt, kefir, sour cream. There are recipes in which pancakes are kneaded on citrus juice.
- According to the consistency, the dough should resemble sour cream andspread well in a frying pan. If it turned out a little thicker, you can fix it by adding warm boiled water. During the preparation, the dough must be constantly mixed, as it quickly settles.
How to bake pancakes correctly
- Important is the fry pan, which will beprepare pancakes. The best is cast iron with a thick bottom - on it pancakes are baked evenly, they turn out to be a beautiful golden color, very tasty and aromatic. Quite suitable and special pan for pancakes with non-stick coating, which has low sides.
- Before cooking, the panit is good to red-hot. For this, you can pour a thin layer of coarse salt and calcine until it darkens. Then salt to shake off, and wipe the frying pan with a paper napkin.
- You can lubricate the bottom with a creamy or vegetableoil, and also a slice of fat. If the butter is added to the dough according to the recipe, then it is necessary to lubricate the frying pan only before baking the first pancake. If the oil is not added, then it will be necessary to lubricate every new pancake.
- Using a ladle filled somewhere 2/3,pour the dough into the center of the heated frying pan. At the same time, it should be kept under a slight inclination and quickly rotated so that the dough is evenly distributed throughout the surface. The first pancake, as a rule, always turns out to be a lump - thick and ugly. It allows you to understand how much dough should be poured into a frying pan to get thin and even pancakes.
- Furnace pancakes should be on medium heat for 40seconds from one side. When the edges get a brown tint and the pancake becomes more dense, it must be turned over, podedovaya special spatula or fork. At the same time, it should easily fall behind the bottom of the frying pan.
- Ready pancakes should be put on a suitable size plate, lubricating each with butter, and cover with a lid to make them proto, and the edges are not dry and stiff.
- Then pancakes can be folded with a triangle, a tube, an envelope and served with sour cream, butter, condensed milk or any jam. The most delicious pancakes are those that are directly from the frying pan.
Next are recipes for different pancakes and pancakes. All of them, regardless of the method of preparation, are very delicious, delicate and fragrant.
Yeast pancakes on the dill
You will need the following products:
- Wheat flour - 1 kg.
- Milk - 4-5 glasses.
- Vegetable oil or cream - 3 tbsp. l.
- 2 eggs.
- Sugar - 2 tbsp. l.
- Salt - 1.5 tsp.
- Yeast - 40 g.
To prepare the spoons in 2 glasses of warm waterdilute the yeast and add 0.5 kg of flour. Stir everything to homogeneity and put for 1 hour in a warm place, covered with a napkin. Then add salt, sugar, egg yolks and butter to the pan. All mix well and pour the remaining flour. Stir until homogeneous. Then gradually pour in the dough warm milk, all the time kneading it. Put in a warm place. When the dough is suitable, it should be mixed to settle, and let it go up again or two. After the last settling, add whipped proteins to the test, and as soon as it rises again, begin to bake pancakes. If you cook the dough in half with buckwheat flour, the pancakes will turn out to be more dry.
For the preparation of pancakes this recipe will need the following ingredients:
- Flour - 500 g.
- Warm water - 3 tbsp.
- 2-3 eggs.
- 1 tbsp. l of sugar.
- Salt, soda, citric acid - for 12 tsp.
Mix eggs with water, add salt, sugar, sodaand pour in flour so that no lumps are formed. Then add the diluted citric acid to the dough, stir and immediately proceed to bake pancakes. On the same recipe you can make pancakes with yogurt. To do this, mix eggs, flour, salt and sugar with curdled milk and at the end add soda, diluted in a small amount of water. Stir everything and bake pancakes.
Pancakes with holes
To pancakes should be attributed the kind of pancakes thatare prepared without the addition of yeast. They are a dish of European cuisine, but for so long and firmly entered our life, that everyone considers them to be ours the same as yeast pancakes. Baked pancakes by the same rules as regular pancakes, only the dough for them should have a liquid consistency - like cream. To prepare delicate pancakes, you will need the following products:
- Milk - 0,5 liters.
- Water boiled - 0.5 liters.
- 2 eggs.
- Flour - 500 g.
- 2 tsp. salt.
- 1 tsp. soda.
- Sugar - 5 tbsp. l.
- Vegetable oil - 5 tbsp. l.
Milk and water heated to 60 C, remove from heat, andto drive in eggs. Add salt, sugar, flour, so that there are no lumps, and lightly beat up with a mixer. At the end add soda ash and pour in the oil. Bake on a hot frying pan.
Custard pancakes with milk
Brewed dough is good in that it helps to avoid ripping pancakes. In addition, these pancakes are very delicate, literally melting in the mouth. Necessary ingredients for the preparation of pancakes:
- Milk - 1.5 liters.
- Flour - 2 tbsp.
- 5 eggs.
- 2 tbsp. l of sugar.
- Salt, soda - for 1 tsp.
- Vegetable oil - 0.5 tbsp.
Mix well the whisk of eggs, sugar and salt. In the resulting mixture add soda, extinguished with boiling water, and whisk all with a mixer until the foam forms. Sifted flour gradually add to the egg mixture and mix well. Hot milk pour a thin trickle into the resulting mass, constantly stirring until homogeneity. At the end add oil and bake.
Guriev pancakes on yogurt
To bake pancakes according to this recipe, you will need products:
- Flour - 500 g.
- Butter - 150 g.
- 6 eggs.
- Salt - 12 tsp.
- Sugar - 1 tbsp. l.
- 1 liter of kefir.
Rinse the yolks with softened butter. Add salt, sugar and flour. Mix everything and mix it with a mixer, so that there are no lumps. The resulting dough should be diluted with kefir to the density of sour cream, and then stirring, introduce 6 whipped whites and immediately bake on a heated frying pan. Pancakes on yogurt are less thin than on milk, but delicate and delicious.