Today, we would like to address those of you who areplans to build his career and wants to move to the leadership. Do you think you could become an effective leader? Do you have the necessary qualities for this? Do you understand what will be required of you to lead the team to success? Do you even imagine how to become a leader in a team? Being an effective leader is a difficult task, and, unfortunately, many people are not able to fulfill their duties as a leader properly. When the authorities appoint you to a managerial post, it expects that you will be able to cope with the organization of the work of your team efficiently and without any difficulties. The present head of the team should work in such a way as to increase the productivity of both the individual employee and the entire team as a whole. Nevertheless, talking about this is much easier than getting it done. Working with a group of people who need to combine their efforts to achieve a common goal is sometimes very difficult. Most often this is hampered by the various conflicts and disagreements that constantly arise within the group, and the leader must quickly solve all problems in order to ultimately obtain the desired result.
What you need to learn in order to become a good leader
You need to understand what qualities from youand what tasks you will need to learn to perform. Therefore, we will start with a few basic skills that will help you become an effective leader.
- Ability to eliminate competition Whilehealthy competition only benefits the cause, excessive competition between teammates can damage the performance of the whole group. If the team members become literally obsessed with the desire to outdo each other, in the end, during such a race, they could make serious mistakes that could cause problems for the whole team as a whole. So make sure that all members of your team work in a coordinated manner, and at the first manifestations of it try to curb unhealthy competition. Let your employees know that you value quality much more than the quantity, so let them pay more attention to the work itself, rather than trying to do more than they could really do qualitatively.
- Conflict resolution Conflicts anddisagreements, as a rule, suppress the team spirit and create confrontations between teammates. Sometimes minor conflicts, if not taken on time, can lead to such consequences that employees refuse even to work together, which greatly complicates the work of the whole team. Even if they, reluctantly, continue to work together - simply because they will have to do it, - there is very little chance that they will be able to work with maximum efficiency. In this situation, the real leader will know how to deal with it. Try to make sure beforehand that there are no serious conflicts between employees, and if this happens, it will be necessary to immediately try to cool their ardor and settle the disagreement. You must find and eliminate the root causes of these problems so that conflicts do not arise from now on.
- Proper Delegation An effective leader shouldbe able to correctly delegate work and distribute workloads. For this, it is necessary to know well the capabilities and abilities of all your employees. He must know the strengths and weaknesses of each employee, and use this knowledge in order to delegate the work properly. If you, as a team leader, are not able to distribute the load evenly and in accordance with the specialization of all team members, then discontent among workers will inevitably arise. Your employees may find that you have given them excessive workload, which is difficult to handle, and that you are a bad leader who is unable to solve the tasks facing him and, accordingly, does not cope with the duties assigned to him. Such a leader actually ceases to be a leader. Remember that the members of your team must never under any circumstances feel that you are shifting your burden on their shoulders!
- Communication Communication is the most important aspect inany professional environment. As a team leader, you must be open and always be ready to communicate with the members of the team, and they should know that they can always come to you if they have any questions. If employees feel that the manager is not interested in what they care about and what problems they are facing, they will lose interest in the work, which will affect the common cause. If you are a team leader, make sure that your team-mates are able to communicate with you when they have difficulties. Listen to what they say, and do not ignore their problems. Try to find a solution as soon as possible so that your employees feel their worth in your eyes.
- Ability to make quick decisions As a leader,you should be prepared to make quick and constructive decisions so that your employees do not lose motivation for action. If, in the event of problems or difficulties, you begin to hesitate and will hesitate to make a decision, the employees will feel that you are not the person who could lead them, and therefore your mission will be doomed to failure. People will not believe you, and this will endanger all work. Therefore, remain always focused and serious, and retain the ability to make quick decisions when necessary.
- Motivation of others Ability to supportthe motivation of the team is one of the most important tasks that the head of a group of employees should perform. Team members must constantly be charged with enthusiasm, because as soon as they lose their motivation, immediately work on the assigned tasks loses momentum. Motivate employees, assuring them that they work well, and praise them every time when there is even a small reason for this.
- The leader of the team must bepurposeful. Working in a team is a difficult task, and employees are often so focused on the momentary task that sometimes they just lose their bearings and forget about the ultimate goal. As a group leader, you must remember that it is your responsibility to make sure that the team continues to work towards the realization of the ultimate goal, and that everyone fully performs all that is required of it. As a team leader, you can not afford to miss the deadlines, and if it is necessary, most of the time you have to be demanding to make sure everything is done. But keep in mind that there is a big difference between exactingness and imperiousness. You must be strict, but fair, and always remain polite and polite, even friendly. Only this approach to people will yield fruitful results.
- The ability to take responsibilitythe leader must remember that his job is not only to manage people, but also to take responsibility if something does not go according to plans, and the project suffers from some setbacks. The team leader should act as the captain of the ship, who never leaves the ship, even if it sinks. Remember, if you try to shift the blame for failure on someone from your team members, it will not only alienate your employees from you, but your bosses will also make the worst impression. It expects from you that you will act as a professional, and this assumes that it is you who will take responsibility in the event of the failure of your team.
- Be a team player A good leader shouldalways be a member of your team. Do not abuse power, acting authoritatively and with the help of teams. This will lead not only to the fact that often you will act unfairly, but also to the fact that the team spirit in the team will be completely lost. Make sure that each employee works in accordance with the duties assigned to him, and that when he does his job well, he gets all the things he is entitled to do in due course. This will motivate all team members, and everyone will strive to work even better.
The tasks that need to be addressed to the leader of the team
Of course, it is important to know not only how, but also what the leader should do. And he has to solve the following problems:
Effective leader in the team is one whocan direct his team to success, while maintaining the motivation of people and their focus on the ultimate goal. Being a team leader is a very big responsibility, and not everyone is able to perform the tasks of the manager properly. It is true that some people are born leaders, but the truth is also that strong leadership qualities can be worked out through hard and hard work on oneself and selfless devotion to the cause. And if you want to become a leader, make every effort to become one! And we have indicated the main landmarks on this path. We advise you to read: