Coffee is a fragrant drink with a pleasant taste,which is prepared from roasted coffee bean kernels. Many like to start the morning with a cup of hot coffee. In some countries it is not just a tasty drink, but a part of the culture. There is even a holiday - a day of coffee. This attitude is understandable: a moderate use of this drink helps to increase efficiency, concentration, improves mood and memory. Scientists continue to study the properties of coffee and its effect on the human body. For example, it became known that caffeine, the content of which in grains is more than 1000 mg / l, helps to relieve headaches with migraines, reduces the risk of developing cirrhosis and diabetes. In coffee beans contains about 1200 chemical compounds, of which the most part are the aromatic components, they determine the taste of the drink. It is important to know how to properly brew coffee, so that it turned out thick, fragrant, strong and showed its best qualities. The taste depends on many factors: variety, degree of roasting of grains, type of grinding, cooking method. The cooking process has its cunning and nuances, thanks to which you can weld a great drink.
What you need to know about coffee?
- The most common varieties of coffee are arabica andRobusta. They differ in form and taste. The grains of Arabica have an oblong shape, on the surface there is a noticeable line curved in the shape of the letter S. It is characterized by an exquisite aroma and light acidity in taste. Robusta has rounded grains of light brown color. By taste, it is inferior to Arabica, more tart and coarse, but surpasses its caffeine content. There are still some varieties, for example, the liberal, who are little known and do not have such a refined taste as arabica and robusta.
- For good taste, the processroasting. Depending on the chosen mode, you can get 4 degrees of roasting: from light, called Scandinavian, to darker - Viennese, French, Italian. At this stage, the green grains change color to brown and increase in volume.
- Grind grain in a coffee grinderjust before cooking, as in this form the coffee quickly loses its flavor. Therefore, it should be bought in the form of grains and stored in a refrigerator (you can even freeze it). The grinding may be coarse, medium and fine. Which one to choose depends on the method of preparation of the drink. For coffeemakers, rough grinding is used, and the smallest is used for cooking in a Turkish, then coffee gives away all its flavor.
- Methods of cooking can be divided into two types: using a coffee maker and cooking in a Turk. Coffee makers are drip and geyser type, they differ from each other way of supplying hot water to coffee. There are also espresso machines in which water comes under pressure, and french presses. The latter are a glass or metal flask, in which coffee is infused, and then filtered through a sieve with a piston. In the coffee machine, if it is of good quality, you can prepare a delicious drink. To do this, you must follow the instructions and use quality varieties. But true gourmets are sure that only the coffee that is brewed in a Turkish (Jezeol) can be called real.
Rules of preparation of coffee in the Turkish
- First of all, we must prepare the Turk. It is believed that the best for cooking is the one that is made of copper. The volume of the Turks must be selected in such a way that when filling the water reaches the narrowest place. First, the Turk should be rinsed with boiled water to make it absolutely clean. After the Turk dries, it is necessary to warm it well on a small fire.
- To fall asleep ground coffee at the rate of 2 teaspoonspowder to 150 ml of water. If sugar and spices are provided (cinnamon, cardamom, pepper), then they are filled with coffee. Now the Turk needs to hold a little more over the fire - this will maximize the extraction of all the aromatic substances from the grains. Then pour in a trickle of cold clean water. The taste of coffee will be hopelessly spoiled if boiled or hot water is used.
- Turks must be mixed with a specialspoon with a long handle and put the heat on a slow fire. The main rule - coffee should not boil. Remove it immediately, as soon as the foam begins to rise and does not reach the edge of the Turks a bit. Then it is necessary to wait until the foam is lowered, and again put on fire, bring to a boil. Repeat this process 3 times.
- Let the coffee rest for a few minutes and pour into cups. Turku should be rinsed immediately with cool water to prevent the formation of scale, which will affect the taste of the drink in the future.
- According to experts, the total cooking timeCoffee should not take more than 4-5 minutes. After this time, he loses his unique flavor. For cooking coffee you can use one kind of grains or mix several varieties in different proportions and get unique taste qualities.
Following the basic recommendations of how to properlymake coffee, do it is not difficult and you can prepare a lot of different drinks. There are ways of cooking with the addition of chocolate, ice cream, alcohol, cream or honey. It is believed that Turkish coffee should be cooked on the sand, constantly moving the Turk over it, and serve a ready-made drink with a glass of cold water. In some recipes, cooking technology may differ, but the described method is the simplest and most reliable. Here are some recipes based on the base version.
The recipe for making Viennese coffee
It will take:
- 3/4 black coffee;
- 2 teaspoons of sugar;
- 2 tbsp. spoons of whipped cream (35% fat content);
- vanilla, chocolate crumb - to taste.
In hot strong coffee, cooked according to the usual recipe, add sugar, stir and pour into glasses for 3/4 of their height. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with vanilla and chocolate chips.
Oriental coffee with chocolate
To make coffee on this recipe you need:
- 250 ml of hot black coffee;
- 50 g of bitter chocolate;
- 100 g of ice cream;
- 1/2 part of lemon;
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt;
- sugar - to taste.
Welded in the usual way coffee (with the addition of salt and sugar) pour into cups, put on top of the ice cream ball and sprinkle with grated chocolate. Sliced lemon should be served separately.