In the national cuisines of many nations there areso-called stuffed dishes. These are peppers, filled with a wide variety of fillings, starting with vegetables and finishing with meat, stuffed eggplants, zucchini, tomatoes and, of course, stuffed cabbage rolls, that is minced (and it can also be different) wrapped in cabbage leaves. All of the above is prepared in Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Azerbaijan and in many countries of the Middle East. If we talk about cabbage rolls, then in Armenia, for example, they are called dolma, and instead of cabbage, the local mistresses use grape leaves. As the well-known character Frunzik Mkrtchyan in the cult film Danelia "Mimino": "You do not know how to cook dolma ...". And we will not, at least today, do it. Today we will try to understand how to cook cabbage rolls. And such delicious, just lick your fingers! Recipes for this dish can not be counted, because cabbage rolls can be different, including vegetarian. This, by the way, is a very tasty dish, which is especially suitable for those who do not eat meat at all or stick to certain periods of fasting. But our first recipe will answer the question of how to cook cabbage rolls with meat.
Basic recipe for cabbage rolls
- White cabbage
- 600 grams of meat (pork)
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 200 grams of sour cream
- 2-3 spoons of tomato paste (it's better to use fresh tomatoes in summer)
- olive oil or other vegetable oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- spices (to your taste)
- Bay leaf
Cooking method: Cut out the leaves into the leaves, peel the coarse parts and steaming (it's best to do this in a double boiler) or lightly boil to make them plastic. Meat grind (it is preferable to use not very greasy necks or scapula). Rice (round-grained) rinse and cook until half cooked. Grate the carrots, cut the onions into cubes and fry them in vegetable oil together. Combine stuffing, rice and fried vegetables, salt and pepper. In the prepared cabbage leaf put the stuffing and gently wrap. Fold in a suitable dish and pour tomato-sour cream sauce. Cook under the lid for 40 minutes from the moment of boiling. How to make sauce: Mix sour cream with tomato paste, add spices, salt to taste, bay leaf, pour in a little vegetable broth (you can use that water in which you boiled or steamed leaves), mix everything thoroughly and put on a small fire. Cook, stirring, do not allow to boil violently. Note:
- This basic recipe can be approached creatively. Very interesting additives are used by the mistresses in Transcarpathia. At the bottom of the dishes, in which the cabbage rolls will be prepared, they spread cabbage leaves, on them smoked pork ribs, and then the cabbage rolls themselves. Pour sauce and bring the dish until cooked on a small fire. The smell of smoked meat adds piquancy, and the traditional dish acquires an original taste.
- Another variation of the same dish: instead of fresh cabbage leaves, use pickled. Sometimes they can be found on the market, or you can cook at home. In the usual sauerkraut to put fresh, slightly steamed leaves and sustain them until they are not salted and will not acquire the taste of sauerkraut. Then we do everything according to the above recipe. Sauce is prepared on the same principle, the only thing that you do not need to use sour cream, and tomato paste (sauce) should be put less than in the basic recipe.
Cabbage rolls Lazy
The realities of our life today are such that we allwe work a lot, there is little free time, and the family from time to time, and in especially severe cases constantly, requires food, and the food is delicious. Cabbage - a delicious dish, but it requires the same time, which we do not have. But there is a recipe for how to cook lazy cabbage rolls. Believe me, for a working woman this is a great option: tasty and simple. Moreover, one can prepare all the necessary ingredients in the evening: head out, steal leaves, cook rice, fry vegetables and grind meat. And the next day, cook the sauce and, after reading the recipe, how to cook lazy cabbage rolls, get down to business. The filling and sauce are prepared in the same way as in the previous recipe, so we will not repeat. Then take a suitable shape, pour a little sauce on the bottom and spread the leaves, then a layer of minced meat, again the leaves and so on until the mincemeat is finished. The top layer is cabbage leaves. Fill sauce, put on a fire or in the oven and after 40 minutes the family can enjoy a delicious dinner, the preparation of which took not so long. Note:
- There is another wonderful recipe that you cancall cabbage lazy from a lazy mistress. The filling is classical, however, it can be modified to your liking. And instead of leaves, take the usual head of cabbage, finely shred, salt, pepper, lightly squeeze your hands to let it juice, and put a layer of chopped cabbage, a layer of minced meat, into the prepared dishes, repeating the layers several times until all the products run out. The top layer should be from cabbage. Fill the base sauce and cook for 30 minutes on a small fire.
- In Transcarpathia lazy cabbage rolls are prepared fromchopped sauerkraut. It is mixed with onions, add a little tomato sauce, a little sugar and lightly fry. The prepared forcemeat is fried with onions and carrots, rice is boiled in a lot of water - it should be crumbly. In the baking dish, lay a layer of cabbage, rice, meat with vegetables, etc. The top layer is cabbage. Pour sour cream and put in the oven. Bake until a ruddy crust.
- And another version of lazy cabbage rolls. Mix the minced meat, boiled rice, fried onions and carrots with finely chopped cabbage, form oblong cutlets, similar in shape to classic cabbage rolls, breaded in breadcrumbs, fry in vegetable oil until ruddy. Pour the basic sauce and put out the minutes 25-30.
To a certain extent this dish can also beattributed to the category of lazy cabbage rolls. Young cabbage is suitable for cooking. How to prepare: Remove the stump, put the head in a saucepan, pour hot water and hold for a few minutes over a low heat. It is necessary to ensure that the leaves can be easily moved apart, without violating the integrity of the cabbage head. Prepare the filling according to the basic recipe. Gently fill the meat with the space between the leaves, pour the base sauce and put in the oven for baking. Notes on the recipe:
- For a change, you can coat the stuffed cabbage with a softened butter, sprinkle with breadcrumbs (preferably home-made, not purchased), pour sour cream and bake in the oven.
- For this recipe, other fillings are perfect, improvisation is welcome.
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
For this dish, we need the followingIngredients: steamed cabbage leaves, buckwheat, onion, carrots, mushrooms, spices, vegetable broth, salt, pepper, vegetable oil. Method of preparation: Cook buckwheat in a ratio of 1: 2.5 - one part of buckwheat, two and a half parts of water. You should have a mess-mash. Cut the onions, grate the carrots. Vegetables fry in vegetable oil. In a separate frying pan fry the mushrooms without fat, then add them to carrots and onions and lightly extinguish (7 minutes). Mix buckwheat porridge, vegetables and mushrooms, salt, pepper, add your favorite spices. With the minced meat stuffed cabbage leaves, put together in a saucepan, add bay leaf, peppercorn and pour a small amount of hot vegetable broth, salt to taste. Cook under a lid on low heat for 30 minutes. Note:
- Instead of buckwheat, you can use any other cereal, in particular, millet, pearl barley, wheat, corn, semolina.
- You can add any mushrooms to the filling, but you cancook without them. In this case, it is worth to increase the amount of onions and carrots. You can add to the vegetables and finely chopped white roots - they will add spice to the dish.
- Vegetarian cabbage rolls can first be fried in vegetable oil, and then pour the broth and put out.
And now we will open one more secret: how to cook cabbage rolls in Zakarpattya.
Cabbage rolls in Zakarpattia
- Steamed cabbage leaves
- Pork (loin, lean neck)
- Sour cream
- Tomato sauce
- Dried mushrooms
- Mushroom broth
- Smalets (you can use vegetable oil)
- Salt pepper
Cooking method: Meat thinly cut, slightly discourage, salt and pepper. Onion finely chopped and fried until golden brown. Dried mushrooms, pre-soaked, boiled, and then cut into thin slices. On the cabbage leaf put a piece of meat, put the fried onions on top and roll the neat roll. The bottom of the dishes, in which the cabbage rolls will be prepared, is laid out with cabbage leaves, tightly laid rolls and poured with cooked sauce. Stew on low heat until cooked. Sauce for cabbage rolls in Zakarpattia: Mix sour cream with tomato sauce, flour, sliced mushrooms and mushroom broth. Add salt, pepper, spices to taste and boil over low heat. General notes:
- It is very easy and easy to cook cabbage rolls from a youngcabbage. It is soft, plastic, and headless without any effort can be disassembled into separate leaves. That cabbage that is sold in the winter, as a rule, has dense, hard leaves, and it is difficult to work with it. And since our goal is to cook deliciously, but without effort, we will try to simplify this task. Excellent cabbage rolls are obtained from tender and juicy Peking cabbage. It is worth cutting off the lower part, and the head will fall apart into leaves. Pour for 10 minutes with hot water, and the cabbage is ready to be stuffed.
- Suitable for cabbage rolls and Savoy cabbage. It looks very beautiful: bright green leaves, slightly corrugated. True, in winter this cabbage is expensive, but if you cover a festive table, then such cabbage cabbage will clearly decorate it.
Now you know how to cook cabbage rolls with a variety of fillings. Refill your pile of culinary knowledge and good appetite! We advise you to read: