Genital herpes is one of the varietiesherpetic infection. It is established that today there are 8 such varieties. The causative agents of herpes are viruses. They are in the body of almost every person living on earth. People whose bodies do not find the causative agents of herpes symptoms can be called exceptional: they are only 10% on earth. In most people this virus sleeps all its life in the nerve nodes located next to the spinal cord. He does not manifest himself in any way until the human immune system fails. Primary infection usually causes HSV-1 (herpes simplex virus). If the disease recurs, HSV-2 is activated. Genital herpes most often affects women, although men also sometimes suffer from this ailment. Usually the sores affect the genitals, the areas adjacent to them and the anus. Rarely, genital herpes affects the perineum, cervix, ovaries directly. The damage caused by the virus to the ovaries and uterus can be incorrigible. Genital herpes often leads to infertility, sometimes to the death of a woman afflicted with HSV. Unlike rare domestic, genital herpes is transmitted exclusively through sexual contact. Oral-genital, oral-anal, genital-oral connections with strangers are especially dangerous, although a classic unprotected contact with a patient can also lead to infection. The use of condoms does not exclude, but reduces the risk of infection with herpes about half. Most of all expose themselves to the risk of infection:
- women (men) with weakened immunity. The cause of this weakening can be stresses, frequent colds, chemo- or radiotherapy in oncology.
- People who often change their sexual partners, who have sex with sick or unfamiliar people, who do not use barrier preservatives.
Causes of development of genital herpes
Symptoms of genital herpes appear externallynot always. But the absence of symptoms does not make the disease less safe: a person infected with the herpes virus is always dangerous for sexual partners. Any contact with the skin of an infected person can cause illness of his partner. Particularly susceptible to the virus are:
- Mucous, located in the mouth
- Sexual organs of women (men)
- The area adjacent to the anus, the anus itself.
That is why infection is possible with oral, andwith genital, and anal sex. A partner with herpetic ulcers on the lips will easily transmit the infection to the partner's sexual organs during oral sex. Scientists have determined that the spread of genital herpes has a direct relationship to the socialization of people. So risk factors can be:
- Random sex (both unprotected and protected, although in the latter case the risk of infection is reduced by half).
- A large number of sexual (acquaintances or strangers) partners. It is statistically proven that exactly half of the women affected by herpes are unmarried.
- Low social standard of living, lack of normal conditions, adequate nutrition.
Genital herpes can become even more dangerous,because with the primary infection, the symptoms of the disease do not always manifest. A person can become a carrier of a virus. This means that the virus that is in his body does not affect the carrier, but is transmitted to his sexual partners. Genital herpes can also occur in a latent form, in which all symptoms are absent. Sometimes they are present, but they are so weak that the patient simply does not pay attention to them. But, regardless of the presence of symptoms, sexual contact with the infected in most cases leads to infection. The body of any person tries to resist the disease. However, the fight against the genital virus becomes useless if the person:
- is in a state of chronic fatigue.
- experiences a prolonged stress: emotional, mental, physical.
- was injured during sexual intercourse.
- suffers from reduced immunity.
Increase the risk of genital infection during sexual intercourse during menstruation.
Types of genital herpes
Doctors say that it is possible to identify 4 types of the course of sexual infection, depending on how it manifests itself and whom it affects.
Each episode has its own clinical picture and, as a consequence, its primary symptoms. From this point of view, genital herpes is divided into:
- Asymptomatic (it is equated with a virus carrier)
Sometimes it is difficult to determine whichthe clinical picture is present at the moment in a woman. Washington doctors, who have been studying herpes for many years, believe that with primary genital herpes, three of the following symptoms are necessarily present:
- Extragenital (external, not related to the genitals): nausea, pain in the muscles, joints, headache, sometimes - fever.
- Rashes, redness in the genital area, which last at least 10 days.
- The presence of painful genital eruptions.
- Lesion of mucous throat, nose, skin of buttocks, palms, etc.
Symptoms of primary herpetic infectionThey usually appear 3-8 days after unprotected sexual contact with an infected partner. In women, redness, swelling of the skin around the vulva, perineum, anus, vagina. Hypermated skin develops vesicles (watery vesicles), which later turn into open sores. They after a few days are covered with a purulent yellow coating. The skin in this place becomes extremely sensitive, women complain of unbearable burning, exhausting itching, sometimes - pain in the area of rashes. There may be more severe manifestations: frequent urination, heaviness in the abdomen (below), headache, sometimes - nausea or fever. Usually pronounced symptoms disappear in a month: the disease goes into a latent form.
Symptoms of recurrent genital (genital) herpes
If a woman suffered a primary genitalherpes, then there is a 70% chance that she will have symptoms of recurrent genital herpes. Depending on how often the genital herpes is exacerbated, the severity of the disease is differentiated.
- With mild symptoms appear every few years.
- At an average - up to 6 times a year.
- In case of severe - monthly.
Symptoms of genital herpes of recurrent can be manifested in:
- Lesions of vesicles or skin ulcers of the face, trunk
- Gingivitis, stomatitis
- Eye Defects
Usually, these symptoms of genital herpes disappear,Once the sores are localized on the genitals. Depending on how the genital herpes is flowing, focusing on the appearance of symptoms, doctors distinguish:
- Arrhythmic type of percolation. In this case, the periods of remission / exacerbation appear at different time intervals: from 3 weeks to 6 months.
- Monotonic type is characterized by approximately the same time intervals between exacerbations / remissions. Usually signs of genital herpes occur every 3-4 months.
- Fading is characterized by the fact that the periods of remission in women are becoming longer and the symptoms are becoming less noticeable.
Symptoms of atypical forms of genital herpes
When atypical genital herpes are affected notonly the skin and mucous, but (this is especially dangerous) appendages, the womb of a woman. Typically, an atypical disease develops as a consequence of recurrent herpes, although in some cases, primary infection is sufficient to damage the internal organs. With atypical infection, the signs of genital herpes can only be manifested:
- in strong unremovable whites (unusual discharge from the vagina)
- almost invisible vesicles
- intolerable itching, severe burning that disturbs a woman
In the first stage, genital herpes affectsexternal genitalia, on the second - the urethra, cervix, vagina, on the third (the heaviest) - the bladder, appendages, uterus. Running genital herpes can be accompanied by severe symptoms:
- Acute retention of urine.
- Nervous and psychic abnormalities: irritability, drowsiness or, on the contrary, excitability, depression or depression.
- Common weakness.
Reasons for relapse can be:
- Mental or physical fatigue.
- Regular hypothermia.
- Influenza, respiratory or other infections.
- Chronic diseases, weakening immunity
Consequences of genital herpes
- Secondary infection of sores. Combing ulcers and itchy places, a woman runs the risk of infecting her with infections that cause streptococci, staphylococci, and the like.
- A pregnant infected woman can not bear a child. If the miscarriage does not occur, the child can be born with one of the forms of genital herpes or ugliness.
- The defeat of the uterus, other internal reproductive organs in most cases lead to infertility.
How to reduce the discomfort of exacerbating a herpetic attack?
Unfortunately, the world has not yet devised medicines,able to save mankind from a terrible virus. Drug therapy can ease the manifestation of symptoms, lengthen the time of remission, shorten healing time, reduce the likelihood of transmission of the virus to partners. Treatment the doctor selects individually for each patient. It is believed that the most effective is a comprehensive treatment, which is prescribed simultaneously by a gynecologist and an immunologist. At an aggravation, women can be supplemented with medication by self-management, which must be agreed with the doctor. How to ease your condition? At an aggravation, women can be supplemented with medication by self-management, which must be agreed with the doctor. How to ease your condition?
- With headaches or temperature, take paracetamol.
- Wear loose clothing, thereby reducing contact of affected areas with tissue.
- Keep the affected area cool.
- Two three times a day, take salt baths, immersing the affected area in saline solution (spoon for 0.5 liters of water).
- Avoid staying outdoors, but take air baths to make the ulcers dry out.
- Sometimes, when a woman is exacerbated, it is painful to cope with poverty. This can be done by immersing yourself in warm water: the pain will be less.
How to reduce the risk of herpes infection? Approximately half of people for the first time are infected with herpes airborne droplets. However, genital herpes is transmitted only through sexual contact. In order to reduce the risk of infection, it is necessary:
- Avoid frequent change of partners.
- Be sure to use a condom.
- Avoid accidental connections.
- Systematically check and take tests.
- Strengthen your own immunity.
Genital herpes is a complex disease, so you need to take all measures so that you do not get infected.