Search for curtains that match yourinterior, can be difficult. you can find the right pattern of curtains, but the style may not be as you imagined it, or the material may not be to your liking. Fortunately, you can put an end to your unsuccessful search by creating curtains for the living room with your own hands.
Do you already have curtains created by yourself?
Take control of your home decor,having learned to sew curtains. Curtains on request can be very expensive, and not everyone can afford, and the curtains that retail chains offer are not designed specifically for your window. Therefore, an economical and easy solution to the dilemma is to sew the blinds yourself from the material that you like. you will not believe how easy it will be for even novices. Having decorated the window with curtains, which you built with your own hands, you will make your room more cozy, beautiful, modern and unique. In addition, you will be pleasantly surprised when the guests, going into the living room, will be delighted with your needlework. After all, there is nothing better than the fantasy of the mistress, who is embodied in the life in the form of beautiful curtains! Following the recommendations that are described below, you will see how easy and fun to decorate your house with your own hands!
How to sew the curtains itself?
What you need:
- the cloth,
- an iron and an ironing board,
- corresponding to the color of the thread,
- sewing machine,
- Choose a fabric that meets your lighting requirements. Since here is an example of a curtain without a lining, they will miss some of the sun's rays.
- Choose the texture of the fabric. Although you will not touch the curtains all the time, the texture of matter gives the curtains a different appearance when hanging in the light.
- Hang the cornice. In order to find out how much material you need, you need to hang the cornice: the higher it will be, the more tissue will be needed.
- Measure the width of the material for the curtains.
- Create an edge on the curtains, leaving 1 cm on each side (just turn the edge of the fabric from the front to the purl). Iron and stitch all the edges of the curtains on the sewing machine.
- Attach the braid to the side of the curtain with which you will attach it to the cornice.
- Attach the clamp rings to the braid. Evenly distribute them along the top of the curtain so that the curtains fall off beautiful waves.
- Hang your curtains. Insert the clamp rings onto the ledge and adjust to suit your aesthetic preferences. Curtains for the living room, created by yourself, ready!
Tips & Warnings
- Seven times measure, cut once, because mistakes can be expensive.
- If you want to visually increase the size of your window, then the size of the curtains should be large.
- Remember that some fabrics are subject to shrinkage. So be sure to consult with the seller before making your choice.
- It is better to buy material for curtains in retailshop, and not on the Internet, since most of the fabrics presented on the Internet look in reality quite differently. The computer screen can not convey the gloss or texture of the material.
- Before you buy a fabric, compare prices in several stores. Perhaps you will be able to find the same material, but a few hundred rubles cheaper.
- Have sewn by themselves the curtains without a lining, but you are not satisfied with the carrying capacity of the material? Buy demountable pads and simply attach them to existing curtains.
- Lush curtains, made with their own hands of inexpensive, simple cotton, look more luxurious than "close" for your windows, curtains made of exquisite silk.
- If you use a patterned fabric for your curtains, align the pattern across the entire width of the curtains, so that, viewing the entire living room, you see one continuous, uninterrupted pattern.