The word "pairs" is usually associated with a bath orsauna, which are very useful for health. Electro-steamer can also be called a bath, not only for humans, but for food. Between these two baths there is an undeniable unity - they both strengthen human health. If you are a supporter of a healthy lifestyle, then do not forget to go to the bath and always use a steam cooker. If you do not have one, then in this article we will tell you how to choose a steamer.
Double boiler. What kind of "beast" is this?
If you have never seen this unit, it is worth to get acquainted with it before you start choosing a steamer. The appliance is quite simple. It consists of three parts:
As you can see, there is nothing tricky in the structure of the steamer. All of them are arranged according to a single principle. Therefore, the choice of a steamer depends primarily on the technical characteristics of the apparatus.
Why do you need a steamer for you?
Surely you have often met people, kitchenwhich caused a different kind of household appliances. At first you think that these people are real cooks, but often it turns out that all the technology was bought thanks to the consumer boom. Often half of these devices are idle or simply very rarely used. In order not to make such mistakes and not spend money in vain for unnecessarily unnecessary devices, you need to know why you need this or that household equipment. Of course, to explain why you need a vacuum cleaner or a washing machine is quite simple. But with the kitchen equipment things are much more complicated. Here it is important to decide specifically which steamer you need for you, because the steamer should first of all meet all your requirements. Before we begin to tell how to choose a steamer, it is worth considering the main advantages of acquiring this unit. So, the advantages of the steamer:
- The steamer will first and foremost become irreplaceablea device for people seeking a healthy diet. Thanks to the steamer in food, all vitamins and minerals that are destroyed during cooking or frying are stored. In fact, it is not recommended to eat fried at all.
- The steamer is an excellent assistant in the household. Thanks to this unit it is possible not only to cook tasty and healthy food, but also to defrost products. In addition, the steamer is simply indispensable for pregnant women and mothers, since for the first best food is the one that is cooked for a couple, and for the second steamer can serve as a sterilizer for children's bottles and plates.
- In the double boiler you can also reheat food. In addition, in a double boiler you can cook several dishes at the same time, the number of which depends on the number of steam baskets. Therefore, if you evaluate this technique by the number of baskets - the best steamer will be the one in which the baskets are larger. After all, it is not necessary to use all the baskets at all times, but when you need to cook several dishes, a steamer with several baskets will perfectly save your cooking time. A great option when you wait for guests and need a lot to cook. And when cooking several dishes does not necessarily choose products with the same cooking time. It is enough to simply put products that are prepared longer in the lower basket, and those that are prepared quickly - in the upper.
- Dishes in a double boiler never burn, andnothing in it will never escape. Therefore, the steamer is very easy to clean. Plus to this - the dishes in the double boiler will never turn dry. And if you suddenly forget to turn off the device, or all the water will boil in it - the steamer will turn itself off. In this plan, it is impossible to determine which steamer is best, since all the steamers are designed so that they easily prepare food, they are easy to clean and are able to be disconnected independently by a timer or when the mistress forgets about them.
- The steamer belongs to those kitchen appliances,which should be at any mistress. Even if you do not know how to cook - still get this machine. Preparing food in a double boiler is extremely simple, you just need to put the products in a steam basket, pour in water and turn on the unit at the right time.
- If you do not have enough time for cooking, you are verybusy person, then you will not have problems with dinner in the presence of a steamer. In steamers there is such function, as a delay of preparation. The maximum delay time can be 12 hours. That is, you can put the necessary food in the steamer early in the morning, set a timer for a certain time - and a steamer for your arrival will prepare tasty and healthy food. If you suddenly do not plan to stay someplace, the steamer for several hours will regularly warm up the food. Therefore, in any case, your arrival at home will be a hot meal, the preparation of which in the evening usually does not remain neither the strength nor the desire.
- For students the steamer will also be excellentassistant. Electric stoves are usually prohibited in hostels, so that, God forbid, there is no fire. And in the common kitchen I do not want to cook for a variety of different reasons. Here, a steamer and will save you from hunger, because you can cook food without leaving your room.
As you can see, the merits of a steamer are undeniable. And now let's figure out how to choose a steamer, which is the best steamer and what kind of steamer should you choose for you.
A little bit about the characteristics of a double boiler
The main characteristics of any steamer arepower and control system. Before deciding which steamer is best to buy, you need to know about these characteristics in more detail. There is an opinion that power is the most important parameter of a steamer and then the best steamer is the one with the highest power. But in fact, this is not entirely true. In most steamers now it is possible to adjust the power - from 650 to 2000 watts. Of course, the higher the power, the faster the food will be prepared. But besides this, during cooking, the volumes of steam baskets, the quality of the food used in the preparation of dishes and the design of the steamer are also affecting. Well, which is the best steamer? The one that is most powerful, or what is the other? Rather, it can be said that the choice should not be in terms of capacity, but in all parameters of the steamer together. Before choosing a steamer, carefully study what its control system is. At first glance it seems that there is nothing complicated in the management of the steamer. But there are some nuances. Thus, the steamer control system can be of two types:
- With electronic control. Steamers with this kind of control system are the most functional, since it is in them that there are such functions as deferred cooking, preheating cooked food for some time. Such control systems are equipped with a display on which all operating modes of the steamer are displayed.
- With mechanical control. In steamers with this control, too, has its advantages. First, you do not need to activate some strange modes, press a bunch of buttons. It is enough only to set a round timer for the required cooking time - and the steamer will take over the work. Everything is simple to the point of indecency, and there's nothing to break down there either.
How to choose the right steamer?
Well, here we are close to the main theme of ourarticles. How to choose a good steamer? Which steamer is better? Which best steamer models should be considered first of all in determining your choice? We will try to answer these questions during the article. First, pay attention to the pallet. The height of the sides of the pallet should be 2-2.5 cm. The flaps below will add to the problem, since during cooking it will be necessary to drain the condensate accumulated several times in the tray, which will take you some time, you will have to keep an eye on the cooking process. If you do not drain excess moisture from the tray, this can lead to damage to the steamer, due to the moisture on the heating element. In addition, it is better to choose a steamer whose pallet is equipped with handles. Since the condensate in the pan is hot, the handles will protect against the possibility of burned with water. If you do not want the products in the lower steam basket during the cooking of several dishes to soak with the juice of the products from the upstream baskets, it is better to choose a steamer with several pallets. If you think that vegetables soaked in meat broth are very good, you can choose a steamer with one pallet. In addition, complete with many steamers there is a bowl for cooking rice, in which you can add products from the upper steam baskets. In this case, leaks of juice from the upper floors of the steamer will be excluded. Well, actually, and all the main points, which should be paid attention to correctly choose a steamer. According to all the above, decide for yourself which steamer is best to choose in your particular case. Also, you can explore the vastness of the Internet, ask the question, which steamer to choose: reviews of people who have already bought this or that model of a steamer, will help you get an idea of a good steamer. How to choose a steamer: reviews of such people will help you to add your own opinion about what you need from a steamer, which is not very, and that is completely unnecessary. Then you can mentally make yourself a general view of the ideal steamer. Choosing a good steamer, you can also pay attention to such minor, but sometimes very useful trivia, as an indicator of the amount of water, the volume and number of steam baskets, their transparency and shape. If they have any significance for you in determining which steamer is best to choose, then let's consider these "details" in more detail.
Other nuances in the choice of a double boiler
The presence of an indicator of the amount of water in the steamerThe tank of the machine helps to keep track of how much water there is in the steamers at the beginning of the cooking. This element is perhaps the most useless, since every time before starting cooking, adding fresh water is not difficult. If cooking of a dish is delayed for a long time - from an hour or more, it may be necessary to add water to the tank. Then it will be useful to have a small hole, through which you can add water without turning off the steamer and without removing the food basket. But at the same time, this hole is unlikely to come in handy, because for such a long cooking time, most likely, the pallet will be filled, which will have to be drained. And in this case, you still have to turn off the steamer and remove the baskets, at the same time it will be possible to add fresh water. The transparency of the steam baskets is, of course, beautiful at first sight. After all, sometimes, sitting with the whole family at the dinner table and talking, looking at the food being prepared in the steamer is very pleasant and interesting between the cases. But in this case, do not flatter yourself - the baskets are transparent only for the time being, during cooking they will still get fogged from steam and see through the walls of baskets something will be if not impossible, it is very problematic. Therefore, when deciding which to choose a steamer, do not pay special attention to the transparency of the baskets. The quality of cooking and taste does not affect it. But the number of steam baskets and their volume is an important parameter. As already mentioned, in steamers there are from 1 to 3 baskets. Their volumes range from one and a half liters to three and a half. If you have a large family, and you like to cook a variety of food, then you will have such a steamer better, in which there are three baskets. And the larger the family - the bigger the volume of baskets should be. For a person who lives alone, for example, for a bachelor or a student, a small steamer with one basket is more suitable. If the family is small, then the best option is a steamer with two baskets. That is, the volume and number of baskets is a rather important indicator when choosing a steamer, but it's all purely individual. Only you can determine which steamer is best for your family, because only you know how many people in your family and how much you consume food for one dinner or dinner. Also plays a role, though not great, the shape of the steam baskets. Here it is not a question of round or square forms, but that in some steamers one basket is smaller than the other and they can be arranged only in one single way: a smaller basket is placed on a larger basket, and even smaller on it. You can not change these baskets. And the opportunity to change baskets in places happens quite often. It happens that the products from the lower basket have already been prepared, but from the upper basket they are still damp. In this case, change the upper basket from the bottom. This is due to the fact that on the lower tier of the steamer the food is prepared more quickly, and on the upper tier - longer. Therefore, it is better to buy steamers, the shape of the baskets of which are the same, so that you can freely change baskets in places. That's, in fact, everything you need to know about steam cookers to make the right choice. But what company to choose a steamer is another matter. Of course, the manufacturer is also very important in the choice of a double boiler, since it is the firm that determines the durability of the machine and its price. At the moment there are steamers with a price from 800 rubles to 7 thousand. If the manufacturer of the steamer is important to you, then let's take a quick look at which steamers are the best companies.
The top five manufacturers of steamers
There are five best models of steamers, owhich most people respond positively. What a steamer to choose - there are many comments from people, they say that the best models of steamers are: Tefal, Scarlett, Philips, Moulinex and Braun.
- Steamers from Tefal. Especially popular here are the models VC1014, VC4003, VC4008 and VS4003. These models are externally strongly different from each other. But they are united by the fact that they have many useful functions, volumetric baskets. In addition, all these steamers have three steam baskets. Among the functions: quick steam, delay in starting cooking, maintaining heat. But the model VC1001 can safely give the title of "Best Steamer 2011" among compact models.
- Steamers from Philips. The models HD9120 and HD9140 are especially popular. Both steamers have three steam baskets, they also have the same power. In addition, these steamers have a very reasonable price.
- Moulinex. The popular models are MV1000 Principio and MV1003 Accessimo. In these models 2 baskets, they are quite compact and in use are also easy. In addition, the second model has a function of refilling water during cooking.
- Braun. The best steamer of this company is the Braun FS20. The steamer is equipped with two steam baskets made from matte plastic. The power of the steamer is 850 W, which is a high indicator for a low-cost version of steamers. In addition, complete with a double boiler is a dark bowl, designed for those products that are able to paint the steamer baskets.
- Scarlett. The most popular models are Scarlett SC343 and Scarlett SC1143. These models are popular because of the very low price. Quite good steamers, and most importantly - compact. And their service life is quite large.
So, summing up all the steamers,we can say that the best steamer in 2011 can be called the Philips HD9140. It is the one that is in greatest demand among all sections of the population. We advise you to read: