The time of pregnancy is a crucial period in lifemother and baby. The health of a woman, her mental state, is the foundation of the health and psyche of the child's future. That's why it's so important to pay attention to any sensations, pain or heaviness. The sensation of discomfort, when it hurts or pulls the lower abdomen, during pregnancy occurs in many women quite often. Sometimes soreness can be a signal about the pathology of the development of pregnancy. Pain in the abdomen during pregnancy can talk about hypertension of the uterus and the threat of miscarriage. How dangerous for the health of the unborn child are the pains in the lower abdomen during pregnancy? And what to do when the stomach aches, muscles ache or colic appear?
Physiological changes in the period of pregnancy
Pain sensations are a sign ofovervoltage. The onset of pregnancy in the body stimulates hormonal changes, due to which the uterus and mammary glands begin to coarsen. The volume of rotating blood increases, its chemical composition changes, and the pulse becomes faster. The network of blood vessels widens in the lower abdomen and in the chest. Ligaments and abdominal muscles are prepared for the load, they soften in the first weeks of pregnancy and then, as the abdomen grows, they stretch and thicken. The organs of the small pelvis move and squeeze. Because of this, the future mother has to take food in small portions. The peristalsis of the intestine is difficult, constipation and colic appear. The most active restructuring occurs in the first 16 weeks of pregnancy. May be a malaise: drowsiness, sweating, nausea or heartburn, pain in the lower abdomen, colic and constipation. Virtually every woman during pregnancy pulls the lower abdomen. Periodically there are short mild pains in the abdomen during pregnancy. Physiological changes in the body of a woman during pregnancy are associated with the growth of the baby, they are normal and natural.
Why does the abdomen hurt during pregnancy?
Causes of pain during pregnancyconditionally divided into obstetric and non-obstetric. To obstetric pains in the lower abdomen are pathologies that cause miscarriage or abruption of the placenta. Non-painful pains are all the rest: colic in the lower abdomen, pains from constipation and flatulence, pain from sprains, lumps from the abdominal muscles, moderate pains in the perineum and lower abdomen from the discrepancy of the pelvic bones. Knowing the causes that cause discomfort, will help to understand if the abdomen hurts during pregnancy due to a change in physiology or from overload. The list of reasons that can cause the appearance of pain below during pregnancy is the following:
Most often during pregnancy, pulls, sips,aches a bit at the beginning (the first and second months) and at the end (the eighth and ninth, prenatal). An enlarged abdomen during pregnancy becomes noticeably difficult only after the seventh month. In the middle of gestation (from the third to the seventh month), the sensations of a woman stabilize, become comfortable and acceptable. If you doubt the cause of the pain, you can not decide why you are uncomfortable, consult a doctor.
What to do to reduce the pain in the lower abdomen
- Diet should ensure the digestivesystem. Obligatory for the work of intestinal motility is vegetables and fruits, nuts. Sour-milk products will provide the necessary microflora and enzymes for digesting food, prevent the appearance of colic. Sufficient use of liquid (not excessive and not lean) maintains the necessary water balance. It is necessary to know that the lack and limitation of drinking water initiates in the body the processes of fluid storage and subsequent swelling. It is necessary to limit fats, carcinogens, coffee, muffins and sweets. The simpler and more natural will be the diet of the future mother, the better for her own health and the health of the growing baby.
- Available physical activity, gymnastics andSpecial exercises for stretching the muscles of the perineum and ligaments. Why is it important to perform gymnastics and prepare the body for delivery with special exercises? Because pregnancy is not a disease, it is a normal physiological condition for the woman's body. Therefore, the average physical load is not that desirable, it is necessary. To the exercises that help prepare the body for childbirth, include various stretches, slopes, butterfly poses, fish:
- Walking and available walking loads stimulateblood flow, improve the supply of oxygen to all organs of the mother's body and the placenta. At the same time, the process of elimination of toxins is accelerated. It has been found that the most painful sprains of ligaments occur in women of inactive, leading inactive way of life. To prevent a condition when leg muscles ache, pedestrian loads should be daily.
- Avoid negative experiences. Try to reduce or remove psychological complexes. Why is it so important to keep track of your experiences and emotions? The human body is an integral structure, consisting of physical matter and information. Any emotions and thoughts are reflected in bodily sensations. Fear, anger, resentment, irritation, anger and envy cause spasm, contraction of the muscles of any organs, hands, legs, face and, of course, during pregnancy, pelvic and abdominal muscles. The compression and overstrain of the muscles in the lower abdomen squeezes the blood vessels of the circulatory system, supplying the baby with food and oxygen. As a result of my mother's emotions, the child receives a physiological blow in the form of prolonged oxygen starvation.
Means to relieve pain in the abdomen during pregnancy
If you understand that the pains in the lower abdomen are unresponsive and nonperiodic, are caused by physiological changes in your body, you can apply some means to calm them:
- A warm bath will help to relax, relieve tension from the muscles.
- Rest, relaxation, lying position.
- Bandage - reduces stretching of the abdominal muscles and reduces pain.
When the pain in pregnancy in the lower abdomen becomes dangerous?
It is necessary to know what is importantintensity of pain below and periodicity of their sensation. The feeling of heaviness when pulling the lower abdomen, intensifying and growing into an obvious pain in the lower abdomen, should alert. There may be pain in the lumbar region, surrounding pain and pulling sensations in the pelvic area. A particularly disturbing factor will be the occurrence of periodicity in pain below. Such signs often signal a possible or already started miscarriage or premature birth. Pain and colic in the abdomen can be accompanied by spotting of mucus. Urgent medical care is needed to save the baby.
Instead of an afterword
Discomfort, pain, colic, feeling of heaviness is notare unequivocal pathology of pregnancy. It does not matter if the stomach was sick during pregnancy, whether it attracted him, these feelings are transferred and quickly forgotten with the birth of the baby and the appearance of new joyful cares.