From time immemorial the rose is considered the queen of flowers. Her royal form symbolizes love and prosperity, the fragrance gives vivacity, and a rich palette of colors sweetens the eye. Loving a beautiful rose is always a pleasure, and it does not matter whether it grows in a flower bed or stands in a vase. A chic bouquet of roses is a worthy gift for any woman, regardless of age and status. Buy roses will not be difficult - they are sold all year round in specialized flower shops. In the warm season, they can be grown on their own private plot. Complexities arise with the storage of already cut flowers placed in a vase.
How to cut roses correctly: small tricks
- To keep the roses fresh longer, you should cut them early in the morning;
- It is at this time that the petals and stems of roses are most saturated with moisture, and the elastic buds still store the coolness of the night;
- If you are going to make a bouquet after a shower, gently shake every rose from rain drops, so as not to damage the delicate velvety of the petal;
- Cut the roses, which have not yet blossomed to the end, and they will stand in the vase long enough.
So, the roses are cut. Now you need to take care that they keep their original look as long as possible. Below we will tell you how to take care of the flowers put in a vase.
How to keep the cut roses?
As befits a person of royal blood, a roseis very capricious and is not a long-liver among the flowers. Depending on the variety, color and density of the petals, with good care, the rose can stand in the vase for up to two weeks. If the cut prelests are not given due attention, their lives will be extremely short-lived, because just putting flowers in the water does not mean saving them. Caring for cut roses should be based on recommendations that extend their freshness:
- Water for plants is better to take a stand-by, room temperature;
- Observe the proportions between the length of the stems of roses, the height of the vases and the volume of water: the longer the stems, the higher the vase and the more water;
- Do not put roses in the same vase with other flowers;
- Do not place roses in vases in places prone to direct sunlight, drafts, in a dry or smoky environment, or near fruit;
- Destructive for flowers neighborhood with central heating batteries, heaters and other household appliances of this kind;
- In apartments with a low level of humidity, you can spray flowers from the spray several times a day, avoiding splashing on buds;
- The optimum temperature in the room where the bouquet is located should be cool - no more than +18 degrees Celsius.
How to put roses in a vase?
First of all, free the bouquet from ribbons, ribbons andgift wrapping - the flowers need air and space. Before placing them in a vase, cut the edge of the stem obliquely and slightly split it. This will maximize the area absorbing moisture. Ideally, it is better to perform this procedure underwater to avoid air clots in the veins of the stems. Remove all leaves and spikes that will be in the vase below the water level to prevent their decomposition. Water in a vase with a bouquet of freshly cut roses must be changed daily. At the same time, rinse the ends of the stems with running water and update the sections. Wash the vase thoroughly and rinse with boiling water. At night, roses can be moved from the vase to a bath with fresh cool water. In this case, be careful not to get water on the petals of the heads, otherwise they will turn black.
Solutions that prolong the life of cut flowers
To extend the freshness and freshness of cut rosesyou can add to the warm water dissolved half of the tablet of acetylsalicylic acid, mixed with a couple of tablespoons of sugar. Instead of pure water, you can take a nutritional composition, prepared with the use of floral preservatives. Using preservatives, strictly follow the instructions for its use and in no case do not increase the dose. You can also use solutions of silver nitrate (0.4 grams) or calcium chloride (5 grams) diluted in one liter of water. There is a popular belief that a tablespoon of vodka, added to the water, where the roses stand, also makes their life longer. Caring for cut roses is a troublesome business, but it's worth it. Proudly raised heads of beautiful roses will give you a great mood for a long time, filling the air of the home with intoxicating aromas.